Analytical, detail - oriented solutions architect with extensive experience developing, deploying and administering solutions and improvements that are feasible, scalable, and sustainable. Track-record of success and innovation in system automation, usage of open source software, setting best practices and security standards. Skilled trouble-shooter committed to identifying, isolating and resolving client issues to achieve service standards and complete client satisfaction. Hands-on leader and effective communicator adept at collaborating with clients, cross-functional teams, management and vendors to drive cohesive, strategic operations.
Cloud: Rackspace, Softlayer (IBM Bluemix), Microsoft Azure, Google cloud, Amazon AWS (Amazon Web Services) EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud)
Operating systems: UNIX Linux (Red Hat Advanced and Enterprise Server 3 - 7.x, SuSE (Intel, zOS) 10-11.x, Ubuntu, Debian (Itanium), Mandriva, Slackware), HP-UX 9 - 11i (11.31), Oracle (Sun) Solaris 2.51 - 10, IBM AIX 4.3.3 - 7.1, SGI Irix 5.3 - 6.5.11, NeXTstep 3.0 - Openstep 4.2 (Intel, Sparc, HP-PA), BeOS (PPC, Intel), FreeBSD, NetBSD, HP (Compaq) tru64
Apple: MacOS X (including Mojave 10.14.x server), Apple Macintosh System 6.0.5 - MacOS 9.2.2, Apple Newton, Apple Lisa Office
Microsoft: Operating Systems Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, Windows 2000-2012 Server, NT 4.0 (Server and Workstation), Windows 95/98/ME, MSDOS 3.2 - 6.22 and MS Windows 3.1, 3.11 for Workgroups
Other Operating Systems: IBM OS/2 2.1 - Warp 4; Amiga DOS 2.04 - 3.9; Atari ST TOS 1.4; DEC VAX/VMS; VM/CMS; GEOS
Other: UNIX shell scripting, Python, C, C++, PERL, Java, BASIC, Pascal, Oracle, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, FileMaker Pro, SAS, Apache Web Server, Netscape Enterprise Server - Sun iPlanet, HP ITO/OVO (Openview products), Cisco IOS, Netbackup, Veritas Storage Migrator (HSM), EMC Avamar, Tivoli Storage Manager, Lotus Notes, DB2, Websphere, Weblogic, Hadoop, PostgreSQL, Nagios, Splunk
- Liaised alongside the project manager and technical team, solutioned and validated solutions to be implemented, managed and assisted the escalation of issues, and consulted on best practices
- Created documentation for design and implementation of solutions for client
- Oversaw disaster recovery process and worked with business continuity manager for specific application projects
- Followed Confidential process of identifying the components in the Simplified Service Request (SRR) and lead technical teams through deployment
- Worked with different UNIX flavours, Windows, SQL, AWS environment
Professional Services Consultant
- Involved in deployment of Confidential technology, managing and assisting the escalation of issues, and consulted on best practices
- Created documentation including design, build and run books for the Confidential implementation for client
- Devised a disaster recovery process using Confidential technology including testing of backup, replication and restore functions
- Contributed to a plan to migrate from EMC Avamar to Confidential via restoring to Confidential NFS of VMs in stages, and then backed up with Confidential for customer
- Worked with Confidential v4-6, CentOS Linux 7, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, VMWare ESXi 6.5
Senior Infrastructure Consultant / Lead
- Involved in project work, deployment, lead and assisted with the escalation of issues, and identifying process gaps and provide solutions with best practices
- Implemented solutions to roadmap gaps, including automating an Active Directory authentication deployment, allowing for single sign-on to Linux servers secured using Kerberos both through writing a shell script package to do so and attempted with an Ansible playbook under Red Hat Satellite
- Investigated and implemented automation solutions, using Ansible and Red Hat Satellite server and ELK to report and help monitor the environment
- Investigated cloud providers, including Microsoft Azure, AWS, Skytap as candidates for moving existing infrastructure to the cloud, including AIX infrastructure
- Worked with VMWare vSphere 6, Red Hat Enterprise Server 7, Satellite server, Ansible, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), AIX 7.1, Tivoli Storage Manager, Tivoli Identity Manager
Senior Solutions Architect and Team Lead
- Performed process analysis and devised best practices and new procedures, including for “Fast Track” of smaller or development projects
- Lead team of global resources out of India as a liaison transferring processes and provided training workload to them
Linux Consultant / Security Lead
- Performed analysis on security and cost savings initiative based on existing Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment
- Payment Card Industry - Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) consultation and documentation creation to meet audit requirements
- Assess environment and provide consultation including devising processes for environment maintenance, achieving and maintaining PCI-DSS conformity
Linux and Cloud Architect, Project Lead
- Provided technical leadership and end-to-end project management in the design, deployment, and administration of cloud services including testing, proof-of-concept (POC) infrastructure, data management, and application development for providing application Platform as a Service (aPaaS) solution.
- Evaluated existing infrastructure and recommend improvements to security, scalability, and cost. Included an evaluation of multiple cloud providers, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google cloud and Softlayer (now rebranded IBM Bluemix)
- Developed build configuration documentation to ensure minimal effort in server conformity to standards.
- Served as project manager for Siemens EnergyIP software upgrade on AIX from v7.6 to 7.7.
- Played key role in design of high available Vyatta gateway at SoftLayer. Led architecture and migration of Oracle databases from Windows servers to Linux cloud
- Successfully defined standard and resolved architecture for migration from AIX of the MDM/R application, including installing a POC of Siemens EnergyIP 7.7 application and researching 8.x requirements, including a POC Hadoop implementation and implementing VMWare to host Red Hat 6.5 for hosting residual 32-bit code
- Tested and replicated production Stage Table Loader (STL) PERL code on Linux, including configuring Oracle clients (v10-11), Siebel 22.214.171.124 and PERL modules.
- Initiated automation in system administration, used open source software, and established and maintained best practices and security standards.
- Set up and configured Red Hat 7 server as a backup repository in the cloud environment, using a central Oracle (12c) database server on bare-metal hardware (due to licensing) from SoftLayer.
- Leveraged Nagios Core for process monitoring, Splunk for system reports, SaMBa for Windows shares, Winbind to provide Active Directory authentication for Windows shares, and Webmin for simplification of System Administration tasks.
- Automated backup process via shell scripts to maintain 10 days’ worth of online backups on repository server.
Senior Infrastructure Architect, Design Lead
- Led development of infrastructure solutions including high availability virtual server and cloud based solutions for internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversaw end-to-end application-centric solutions development from conceptualization to production.
- Interfaced with project management for determining requirements, defining technical details, and costing estimates.
- Ensured complete compliance with TD architecture processes and methodology.
- Successfully migrated on premise workloads to cloud solutions.
- Worked with VMWare, AIX 7, RHEL v5-6, SuSE v10-11, Solaris 8-10, Windows Server 2008-2012, IBM DB2, MS SQL, Sybase, Oracle, Rackspace
- Designed and developed architecture for diverse infrastructure solutions for internal customers.
- Liaised with project management, server, and middleware teams to evaluate technical requirements, negotiate project milestones, and project status. Trained and mentored new staff.
- Effectively managed customer co-managed solutions including creating Statement of Work (SoW), building the Solution Design Documentation (SDD) and Server Matrix in alignment with IBM project methodology.
- Led IGA Canada North American Hosting initiatives in collaboration with global services deployment teams to host client applications and middleware across North America.
- Worked with VMWare technologies, including ESX server, SuSE and Red Hat Linux Enterprise server, Microsoft Server Windows Server 2003 and 2008, IBM technologies including Websphere, Domino, DB2, AIX, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux on IBM System P, X and Z, management of storage using General Parallel File System (GPFS), Global Storage Architecture (GSA), exposure to HACMP and Websphere Network Dispatcher for high availability and performance
Account Technical Lead/Customer Service Manager
- Provided technical and managerial oversight to collaborate with “towers” and technologies to meet service level agreements and intervene as required to resolve disputes and recommend solutions.
- Analyzed issues for root cause and escalated them to appropriate teams. Approved upcoming changes based on solution details.
- Effectively maintained and monitored accuracy and efficiency of documentation and processes
- Ensured complete client satisfaction through timely and accurate resolutions.
- Incident, problem and project management for applications within the client’s line of business
- Perform root-cause/post-mortem analyses
UNIX Consultant / Senior Administrator / Team Lead
- Architected new solutions and process automation and oversaw over 300 HP-UX, AIX, Solaris and Red Hat Linux servers.
- Performed security checks to identify privileged user access.
- Liaised with ITO to lead server monitoring using Openview, and OVO 8 agent upgrade deployment.
- Audited OS revisions and hardware platforms and validated servers.
- Efficiently patched servers by developing innovative process and framework.
- Enabled central management server to issue and manage tasks and gather information by developing secure keys.
- Served as lead and ‘go to’ resource for client support teams based in India.
- Met Service Level Agreements and achieved high level of on-time problem closure.