VP. Business Intelligence
- Created original solution for highly complicated reporting requirements for Release management team. Used combination of data sets built from existing architecture and Data Imports Cubes based on hand written SQL scripts. Created dashboards that allowed business to analyze Parent / Child / Grandchild releases information together with all related Incidents / Configuration Items / Changes / Tasks / Work Logs and other objects from aggregated metrics to the lowest level of details.
- Designed and developed “EPAS” MicroStrategy project to provide analytical reporting for newly implemented Patching Automation Service, a robotic process designed to manage all company’s servers through the entire lifecycle. Multiple data sources were consolidated in COMPOSITE virtual layer with MicroStrategy accessing those virtual views.
- Actively participated in a Spotfire to MicroStrategy conversion project for AML financial services line of business.
- Created “Resource Allocation” MicroStrategy project with MicroStrategy connection to COMPOSITE Data Virtualization platform. This project was a very first project from the Software as a Service offering by BI COE to our business partners. It brings data from multiple sources, and enables Resource Allocation Management reporting without an expensive ETL process.
- Designed and developed “Credit Cards Accounts” MicroStrategy project to examine account maintenance and decision making process for Confidential credit card holders. Created Alert based subscriptions using Distribution Services functionality to deliver exceptions reports to business. Created multilayered dynamic dashboards with Micro Charts, Network diagrams and Heat Maps to provide visual representations for decisions made on various credit card maintenance requests. Built Visual Insight dashboards for speedy exploration of current month data.
- Designed and developed “Identity and Access Management” Business Intelligence project to monitor user’s access to resources and applications, as well as monitor productivity metrics related to providing and removing access to different systems. Created Narrowcast services subscriptions to deliver information to network drives.
- Built dynamic dashboards for upper management with Bubble Charts and Heat Maps to provide overview of analyst’s performance and trends. Built ad - hoc functionality for Power Analysts.
- Designed and implemented project security for different user groups. During the course of the project consulted ETL and database teams in implementing multidimensional model for reporting database.
- Implemented import and Visual Insight functionality to analyze data in multiple business files not existed in data warehouse. Built WIKI site and wrote various pages related to complicated project issues. Trained Power Analysts to be proficient in using MicroStrategy application.
- Lead architectural effort for a team of onshore and offshore developers working on ORBIT project.
- This project is designed to help in efficiency of due diligence investigation of suspicious activities for new or potential customers. Worked closely with mixed (onshore/ offshore) ETL and Database developers to recommend tables and views changes. Created majority of Schema objects and guided junior developers in report and dashboard design and development.
- Made presentation to the audience of “BI Conference” in Charlotte to promote proper BI project implementations, efficient requirement gathering, and Agile development methodology.
- Developed set of reports and other associated MicroStrategy objects to analyze inflation factor of item cost to help maintaining optimal level of inventory by divisions.
- Developed set of reports for complex statistical analyses of items price change by pharmaceutical supplier. Reports included cost trend analyses as well as probability level of a price change.
- As part of a Supply Chain Management project participated in a team creating Contract Compliance Monitoring Dashboards. Created complex drill maps and “prompt in prompt” filtering. As a result business is able to monitor and maintain inventories according to the agreement between pharmaceutical manufacturer and Confidential .
- Coordinated implementation of Power Analyst Program, which defines relationship between IT personal, MicroStrategy Desktop Designers and the rest of user community. Conducted Best Practices MicroStrategy training for business users.
- As part of a team completed EFD Data Mart (Electric Facilities Database) project. Developed mappings in Informatica. Created MicroStrategy architecture. Coordinated MicroStrategy development for all team members. Developed complex reports using level metrics, relationship filters and advanced VLDB settings. Implemented proactive report distribution using dynamic subscriptions via Narrowcast server.
- Using MicroStrategy tool set, built Revenue Reporting environment to identify billing issues in timely manner, thereby saving many hours of manual work previously done by Load Analysis group.
- As part of a team implemented WMS BI (Work Management System) environment. Personally designed and implemented MicroStrategy technical architecture and administered users and privileges.
- Completed “Account Receivables” Subject area modification and “Security Deposit” project. As a result, business received a primary tool to determine likelihood of collection.
- Proposed and implemented audit process for Customer Data Mart to monitor manual and automated data fixes. Created Oracle tables and triggers to record all updates outside of the regular data load.
- During Company’s Reorganization coordinated the effort of all team members to make Data Mart modifications in every subject area to support analytical reporting using new and old Geographical breakdown.
- As part of a team participated in successful upgrade of Informatica to version 6.2.
- Designed and developed “Equipment activity” Subject Area from discovery to implementation, enabling Metering Services to analyze the entire metering equipment inventory.
- Worked on a 6-month assignment with the financial team to develop EPM (Enterprise Performance Management) Data Warehouse. During this project participated in the initial design, created DDL scripts for physical data model, worked to create mappings and sessions using Informatica version 6.2.
- Designed verification procedures on UNIX to monitor daily, weekly and monthly loads, and to ensure data quality. Wrote verification instruction and trained all team members in data verification process.
- Designed and developed process using Oracle export / import utilities and SQL Loader to automate reports to PUC (Public Utility Commission).
- Personally designed and developed “Service Orders” Subject Area. Interviewed end users to determine requirements, designed tables, stored procedures and indexes in ORACLE, built ETL processes in Informatica, and created End User layer using Oracle Discoverer. Conducted training session for business users. As a result, Field Service Management was able to monitor employees’ performance and analyze trends in a Field Work lifecycle.