- Proficient MicroStrategy report developer with strong database modeling understanding and its application to MicroStrategy Architecture as a reporting tool. Competent with designing and deploying MicroStrategy grids/dashboard reports with meaningful business data. Good business analyst skills to elicit requirements and operationalize them in enterprise reporting.
Microstrategy Application Architect
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Perform migration of Actuate reports in Microstrategy
- Create and build datasets, documents, dashboard
- Debug sql for freeform sql report
- Analyse all business associate issues and develop solutions for same.
- Interact with business engagement teams to define dashboards and reporting solutions to meet diverse, complex business needs
- Create Microstrategy schéma and application objects such as logical tables, attributes, facts, hierarchies, metrics, prompts, filters, consolidations and custom groups
- Experience in performance tuning of various reports and dashboard using VLDB properties.
- Bi tools used: Actuate, Mstr 11
- Database: DB2, Oracle 12c
MicroStrategy Software Engineer
- Responsible for providing business intelligence requirements review, system and implementation design as well as development and unit testing
- Participate in requirements discussion with business and stakeholders to understand the business intelligence solution requirements
- Design and build report documents and interactive dashboards
- Implementation of web based ad - hoc reporting
- Perform testing including Unit, Integration, Performance and Regression testing
- Participate in troubleshooting of issues post production or as part of operational support
- As a MicroStrategy Developer, I was responsible for Analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of new set of reports and creating dashboards in report services or visual insight.
- Created schema objects such as Metrics, Facts, Transformations, and Custom Groups & Report Services.
- Responsible for creation of Canned/Ad - hoc Reports, Metrics with Public and Schema Objects for HR, sales and marketing.
- Gathered requirements from management users for generation of reports in Web and Desktop.
- Design and Development of Business Analysis Interactive Dashboards & Scorecards organizations HR's goals & KPI in MicroStrategy Desktop and web.
- Conditional formatting on metric thresholds, limiting report data access using security filters.
- Created Ad-hoc reports with Dynamic prompt answers for the end users to generate. Deploy report in web as report services or visual insight reports.
- Improved report performance using VLDB properties, Caching.
- ETL development using Informatica Powercenter to load tables from source to target.
- Provided complete life-cycle in designing, developing, implementing and supporting sophisticated BI data manipulation processes.