- I am an accomplished Mainframe.
- During my career, I focused on BFSI Sector and gained in - depth knowledge of the Domains.
- I have been involved in various effort estimations, writing proposals, operational excellence initiatives and direct technical and functional consultations to the client.
- Gained extensive knowledge on UML/Use Case diagrams during the Design phase of Confidential PAS reengineering project.
- Gained extensive Knowledge on DB2 when worked for OATH Genius Migration Project and Datawarehousing project for Confidential Property and Casualties Analytical Data Store.
Languages: COBOL, JCL, REXX, EZTRIEVE, SAS, SQL, PL/SQL,c,c++
Environment: IBM Mainframe, PC s and UNIX machines.
Operating System: OS 390, MVS, UNIX, Windows 95/98/NT/Professional
Database: DB2, VSAM, IMS-DB, Oracle
Internet Tools: HTML, DHTML, Java Script, MS-FrontPage
Mainframe Tools: TSO, ISPF, File-Aid, QMF, PST, SPUFI, MQ-Series, IBM Utilities, MS Visio, Changeman, Endevor, Insync, BMS, SDF II
Software Packages: Vision PLUS
Testing Tools: Test Director, CA-Intertest, Code-370
Scheduling Software: CA7/CA11
- System study and User Interaction
- Analyzed Requirements and Provided Requirements specifications using Visio and flow charts.
- Developed DB2 Stored procedures.
- Develop code modules to implement the enhancements needed for IPI assets to move into Ameriprise.
Environment: Cobol, DB2, sql, vsam, jcl, xpediter, fileaid, changeman
Operating systems: OS/390, Windows 95/NT.
Technical and Functional Analyst/Project Lead
- User Interaction.
- Requirements gathering.
- Proposals for enhancements to the Existing system.
- Helping with Business and Technical related queries to both Client and Offshore teams.
- Preparation of Design documents and Effort Estimates.
- Monitoring Development, Conducting Reviews/Walkthrus. Maintaining defect log and tracking them to closure.
- Reviewing Production Implementation plan.
- UAT and Live Implementation Support, Post Implementation Validation and support.
- Software Process Improvements.
- Developing SOW, Project Charter, Work Schedule, Issue Log, Defect Log, RACM matrix for Risk Control. Audit and Compliance Reports.
Environment: Cobol 370, OS 390 (IBM Mainframe), VSAM, CICS, JCL, IBM DCF Script, CHANGEMAN, FILEAID, DB2, REXX, CA-Intertest, XPEDITER, Abend Aid, EZTRIEVE, SAS
Team Lead/ Technical SME
- Analysing Legacy COBOL-IMS programs
- Writing specifications / Low Level Design Documents,
- Analysing IMS DB Structure and Developing DBDGEN and PSBGEN for accessing IMS DB
- Coding COBOL-IMS programs, programs, Peer Review, preparation of Unit Test plans, Unit Testing COBOL-IMS programs, Capturing Unit Test Results,
- Production Support
- Estimation, Scheduling
Environment: OS/390, IMS DB, DB/2, COBOL370, JCL., IBM OS/390
- Analysing client requirement, Requirements gathering, Proposals for enhancements to the Existing system.
- Developing Design Documents,
- Coding COBOL-CICS programs,
- Preparing Unit Test Plans,
- Testing the COBOL-CICS programs using expeditor, CICS Screens. perform regression testing, Integration testing.
- Production Support
Environment: Cobol, VSAM, Xpeditor, CICS, IBM OS/390
- System Study and User Interaction.
- Proposals for performance tuning of the existing system
- Participated in Design and Development
- Developed Unit Test Plans and performed regression and Integration testing.
Environment: Cobol, VSAM, DB2, REXX, Xpeditor, IBM OS/390, WINDOWS 95/NT
Developer / Onsite Coordinator
Confidential, San Antonio, Texas
- System Study and User Interaction, onsite-offshore coordination.
- Participated in Design and Development of Extract, Transformation and Load phases of the project.
- Developing Unit Test Plans, regression testing and Integration Testing.
- Production Support.
Environment: COBOL, JCL, Xpeditor, VSAM, DB2, IMS-DB, PL/1, SPUFI, PST, QMF, IBM OS/390, WINDOWS 95/NT
- Analyzing Legacy Cobol Programs
- Design document preparation using Use cases
- Writing Specifications and pseudo code in QPP.
- Coding in C++
- Peer reviews and inspection
- Testing and capturing Unit Test Results
Environment: MVS-OS/390, Windows NT, UML, C++, Q++, DB2, QMF, SPUFI, Master craft, IBM OS/390, WINDOWS 95/NT, SAS.