- More than twenty - five years professional practice experience as a published scientist and business development and information management leader
- Highly skilled ‘C’-level executive with more than twenty years directorial experience with continuously escalating responsibility
- Advanced research and in-depth consulting experience for a wide variety of clients across a broad range of industries
- Highly regarded top data mining solution and troubleshooting provider
- Accomplished subject matter expert in educational content and delivery
- Off-site and on-site capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, well organized and able to transform stalled projects to meet milestone objectives
- In-depth systems development, architecture, database management, data warehouse design / ETL, business intelligence (BI), data mining with advanced SQL coding and process analysis
- Skilled in operation and maintenance of a variety of software packages, operating systems and instruments
Systems: Windows ‘95/98/Millenium, Windows NT/2000/Server 2000/XP/Server 2003/Server 2012/Vista/Windows7/Windows8 (Home, HomePremium, Professional), DOS, Macintosh, Windows 3.11, Unix (many flavors), Hewlett Packard, VMS, Norton, Linux
Databases: Microsoft Access (2.0 through 2010), Foxpro (DOS, Windows and Visual), Microsoft SQL Server (7.0, 2000, 2005, 2012, 2014), Oracle (8, 9i, 10g, 11i), Business Filevision, Filemaker, D-Base III, ACT.
Languages: Spanish, Tagalog
Other Programs: Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint (Office Suite; 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, XP/2002, 2000, ‘97, ‘95, 4.2), Cognos Impromptu (v.6.5 through current), Cognos Transformer/Powerplay (v.6.5 through current), Cognos ReportNet (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Connection Connection portal administration), Cognos 8, Cognos 10, Cognos 11 a.k.a “Cognos Analytics” (all versions; Framework Manager, Report Studio, Business Insight/Cognos Workspace, Business Insight Advanced/Cognos Workspace Advanced, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Cognos Connection portal administration, Event Studio, Transformer, Server Configuration), Cognos - Tivoli, Cognos Access Manager, Cognos Visualizer, Cognos Architect, Cognos Mobile, Cognos Insight, Cognos Data Manager / DecisionStream, Cognos Finance, Cognos Express, Seagate Crystal Reports Professional (5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, XI), Seagate Info/Crystal Enterprise/Crystal Server (7.0, 10.0, XI), MS Front Page ’98, Installshield, Demoshield, Monarch, Business Objects, DTS/SSIS, SSRS, SQL, LogiXML, Apache Directory Server, Active Directory, Inetsoft Portal/Style Studio, Tableau, Pentaho, MS Publisher, MS Imagemaker, Pagemaker, Chemdraw, Chemintosh, Netscape / Mozilla (Thunderbird/Firefox), IIS, PC Anywhere, GoToMyPC, GoToMeeting, Webex ftp, Xmodem, Toad, Kermit, Hyperterm, MacWrite, Fullpaint, Lotus 1.2.3, Word Perfect, QuatroPro, Netscape Enterprise Server, etc.
President and CIO
Confidential, Waldron, AR
- He coordinates and manages programmers, report writers, project, management information system, sales and marketing, quality assurance and quality control and operations personnel.
- He is also skilled at assessing corporate processes (and at times the lack thereof) and executive coaching.
- He has provided consulting and programming to a variety customers in support of business operations analysis and management.
- “Cognos Analytics” (Cognos 11, Cognos 10.2 / Cognos10 / Cognos 8.4 / Cognos8.2 / ReportNet (Query Studio, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Framework Manager, Connection Portal Admin, Cognos Connection Portal User, Advanced/Special Topics, Cognos Finance) / Impromptu/IWR/Powerplay Web / Transformer to a variety of clients (5/1999 to present) as well as consulting on data mining within the Avexus Impresa, Sungard Pentamation, Sungard BANNER, Avaya Call Center, Infor Syteline, Abecas, Infinium, SSA ERP LX and VIP systems.Averaging approximately 700 hours per year delivering educational content
- As an Inetsoft consultant, Confidential ’s experience ranges from the early days of Inetsoft to v.12.2 and from installation to portal management/administration to development of models and complex reports using Style Studio. Detailed experiences in Style Studio include, but are not limited to, connecting to data sources; building of database / developer / presentation layers in the modeling; setting up join schemas; generation of queries for stand-alone prompts; building of model based calculations based on both formulas and SQL; development of prompted reports; creation of list, crosstab and chart reports; modification/editing of portal generated reports using Style Studio; advanced custom report development with conditional formatting ("red light/green light" highlighting).
- Developed complex reports for Full-Time Equivalents (FTE), head count, Turnover, Retirement and Pension against the UltiPro HR system for Amica Insurance; the reports, required advanced data modeling within the query area of Report Studio as well as crafting the reports with a variety of advanced techniques and formulas.
- Mentored internal Cognos developers; developed new structure for secure report delivery.
- Conservative estimates for the time savings generated by building their FTE report in Cognos is approx 300 hours per year.
- Provided consulting and project management services to bring West Virginia P20 SLED project related to education over a year off track back on track and hand-off to client within 4 months; tasks included architecture (both data and Cognos), modeling, security, report writing and training of end client for transitioning (2012)• At an insurance company, retired pre-existing defects in underwriting reports over a year old and developed / implemented a custom model for use with Query Studio (2011)
- Provided data mining and reporting consulting and training to a variety of casino/gambling companies. Tasks performed for the Chickasaw Nation included Data sourcing from Advanced Casino Systems Corporation ( Confidential ), Infinum-based financial management software and in-house proprietary systems; Data validation back to original source; Framework Manager Model development from scratch; extremely tight deadlines; migration of complex Report Studio reports via re-write to new model; and, unit and UAT testing; For the Las Vegas Sands Corporation, tasks included training and mentoring in a variety of Cognos applications (including Framework Manager).
- At an insurance company, retired pre-existing defects in underwriting reports over a year old and developed / implemented a custom model for use with Query Studio (2011)
- Also providing development and support of custom MS Access databases; training of IT personnel in Foxpro and Access programming; and configuration / training / report writing of Crystal Reports / Crystal Enterprise.
Confidential, Parks, ARVice President - Business Management, IT and Product Development
- responsible for all phases of church management and flock support (services, sermons, visitations, weddings, funerals, continuing education, etc.).
- Responsible for all phases of business management, product development and information technology operations of Asian specialty foods manufacturing company.
- Tasks included registering UPC codes; nutrition label, product label and marketing materials development. Also responsible for overseeing product research activities.