- Over 9 years of Experience in Designing, modelling, transforming, and loading data into cubes.
- Also experience in writing SQL queries and synthases Intelligence Data warehousing, Client Server Technologies, Web - based Applications and Databases.
- Experience in BI tools such as Tableau, Erwin, Alteryx, SSIS etc.
- I am experienced in creating Dashboard for data visualization using Tableau desktop in functional areas like Finance, Logistics, Purchasing, HR, Sales & Marketing.
- Management and people who know me describe me as an optimistic and goal-oriented individual who is trustworthy and committed to getting the job done.
- I am self-driven, but I also value the importance of teamwork and always strive to create conducive atmosphere for healthy co-existence.
- Experienced in the latest BI Tools, Tableau, Power BI Alteryx, SSIS & SQL.
- Also experience in complex BI Reports, Dashboards, Incidence Management, Waterfall & Agile Project Management (Scrum).
AREAS OF STRENGTH:
Engineering /Quality Assurance
Service Level Management
Test Environment Management
Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
Business Analytics and Database ManagementData Modelling, CognosOracle EBS, NettezzaSSIS, Alteryx, ErwinSQL ServerTableau desktop.Tableau Server Admin.
Snr. Tableau Developer / Scrum Team Lead
Confidential, Hagerstown, MD
- As Snr. Business Analyst for the NOx project, I gather data from dealerships about recurring failures on the field, I do ETL and transform the data to conform to internal Volvo Standards and upload into the various data mart for the business unit. I do impact analysis to understand the cost of failure. The risk analysis and recommendation given after my analysis and visualization contributed to $2.5M. savings only on the NOx Project.
- I do periodic check on data warehouse, monitor and maintain the quality of data cubes in the OLAP as well as OLTP database with the responsible business leaders. Participate in ongoing discussions and decisions concerning data collections, design, methodology, data analysis and right system. E.g. My recommendation to move from SSRS to Tableau has streamlined our viz process and improved data visualization to the admiration of upper management.
- Discuss business intelligence needs or information processing needs with business owners, business line management and upper management. I set up guidelines and support my team in cleaning data and performing data quality control checks. E.g. I proposed the agile methodology to the data team helping to reduce project life cycle by a week from Prod to Dev.
- Perform requirement gathering analysis, source data analysis, data blending or cross data join and identify business rules and requirement to create interactive dashboard.
- I use Informatics & SAS to extract, transform & load source data from transaction systems. I also write T-SQL scripts to manipulate data before loading it to Tableau for viz.
- I use SQL to perform queries, create, alter, and update tables. I also create joins depending on the tables that contain the data needed to create my visualizations using SQL server.
- I always support the team during testing and provide input to ensure accuracy in report before pushing the resulting dashboard to production environment.
- As agile coach, I coach the Business Intelligent team on how to adopt scrum principles and protect team from over-commitment, I manage work backlog, prioritize work flow and remove any impediment which hinders teams work during the sprints. I also coordinate the daily scrum.
- I act as main contact or administrator in data interoperability, analytics, and business Intelligent for production support and service support.
- I am heavily involved during requirement gathering, dashboard creation, User acceptance testing (UAT)and warranty support. I am also involved in security testing as well as negative testing of the application.
- I create dynamic dashboards using Tableau Dashboard. I also prepared user stories to create compelling dashboard which conveyed the right message trigger actionable insight.
- I also ensure that best practices are adhered to. I put in place data security measures by apply the right user filters to ensure that only right people have access to specific data or dashboards.
- Experience in using data sources such as Redshift, Oracle, ERP, Tera Data, Big Data for business analysis. Also experience in using tools like Java /JAVA/ Scala to create web data connectors as data source and to automate the task. Also experienced in using ticketing system like Jira etc.
Confidential, Novi Detroit, Michigan
- Performed development activities from gathering requirement, designing solutions, through writing scripts, developing dashboards, testing, and deploying into the right environment.
- I interact with business leaders and report owners to clarify their requirement and develop interactive dashboards according to their specification.
- I see to it that the right filters were used to enhance data security and optimize performance of Tableau during peak time. I have experience in working with complex database such Oracle, Red shift, Netezza, Excel, Cognos etc.
- Involved in creating entity relation diagram (ERD) and dimensional data model, logical, physical using data modelling tools like Erwin and Alteryx. I also spearheaded to migration from excel to SQL-Server. The project was done 2 weeks before scheduled completion and $150K savings.
- I used ETL tools like SSIS and Alteryx to harmonize data from different sources, change data types, change column names, alter tables, and load the cleaned data into appropriate cubes.
- Extracted data from different source files like oracle, excel, XML, flat file CSV files etc., transformed and loaded them into the appropriate data cube.
- I trained other business analysts and other employees on how to use specific excel functions to perform simple calculation and charts to use in their presentations.
- I also supported in determining the type of schema (Star Schema or Snowflakes) to use in determining the logical and physical view of data in the database.
- I used basic excel functions like V-look up and H-look up, and other functions to pull data, trim data, remove duplicates from different sources and harmonize them to use in creating my charts.
- Used excel to create chart to show business performance when needed and explained to management results of graphs and impact on the business. Experience in both quantitative and qualitative data analytics.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate information stored about clients, suppliers, employees and ensuring data integrity both internally and externally.
- Gave feedback to marketers to help understand customers perception about new promotions using data gathered from ongoing campaigns.
- Ensured accurate information was stored about clients, also responsible for data integrity internally and externally.
Data Analyst / IT Consultant
- Responsible for administration, database design, security, and maintenance of the warehouse.
- Collected appropriate data for usage in databases and conduct related data research.
- Participated in team meetings, supported in requirement gathering and JAD sessions.
- Responsible for teaching bank tellers about the use of Excel and using basic function to perform calculation.
- Analyzing and creating sales report and also showing the impact of campaigns.
- Also responsible for migration from paper based operations to computer based operations.