Result focused IT leader with proven track record of successes at translating business objectives into IT strategy, execution and ROI realization in large, medium global corporations and IPO start ups. Excel in leading worldwide cross functional operation & service delivery teams focusing on results/performance through quantifiable metrics and goals management. Led server, storage, network and security operations as well as application and user endpoints mgmt (~5000 servers, 50,000PCs). Seasoned manager of international Divestitures, Merger&Acquisition spanning 24 countries serving 50,000 users. Change agent experienced at turning around teams, suppliers, technologies and ensuring continuing success. Effectively balances workforce demand through Onshore/Offshore models. Skilled at leveraging technology suppliers to achieve business objectives. Firmed believer in fostering leaders and building win - win relationship. Fluent in Chinese/Spanish/English w/ diverse culture background well suited for international corporations.
Specializes IT Service Delivery + Infrastructure Operations (Hybrid Cloud Computing/Security Cyber Defense)
Strategic and Tactical IT Business Planning - Merger/Acquisition/Divestitures
Cloud Computing/Data Center Transformation - Live Disaster Planning/Recovery Programs
SSO/Identify Management/Cloud+OnPrem Active Directory - RTO/RPO/SLA metric driven operation mgmt
Application/System/User Performance Mgmt (APM) - Onshore/Offshore Sourcing Models and Cost Mgmt
Strategic Supply Chain Management - Security Compliance Management/FBI InfraGard
Security Audits/Compliance/Intrusion Incident Response - Process Improvement/ Best Practice Benchmarking
Leadership (Turn Around, Start Up, Sustaining Success) - Budget/Finances
Multi-Lingual: Chinese, Spanish and English
McAfee Focus Security Speaker: Unleash The Power Of Mcafee ePolicy Ochestrator: ~200 attendees
IT Vice President - Infrastructure Operations
- Transformed an ad hoc/start up organization into a reliable ITIL based service delivery and metric oriented teams.
- Successfully executed 3 Merger/Acquisitions, Data Center Transformation/Consolidation.
- On time/On budget Managed Service Data Center contract/hardware refresh hosting customer facing revenue generating application as a service.
- Disaster Recovery Program delivered OnPrem, Managed Services meeting 3 tiered RPO/RTO application and database requirements.
- Spearheaded adoption and migration to Hyperconverged Infrastructure with tiered storage to reduced hardware Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and simplify management.
- 20+ Vendor consolidation and major renegotiation of 3 international Cyrus One Data Centers, Microsoft EA/SCP/SPLA, Global MPLS Network MPLS resulting in >$500K+ year over year cost savings.
- O365 Email Cloud Consolidation of Multi Tenant and On Prem email for 3000 mailbox users.
- SAS/On Prem ADFS Single Sign On (SSO), Cloud Azure/OnPrem Active Directory, Multifactor Factor Authentication deployment to 3000 users.
- Application Performance Management using User Experience/Transactional monitoring to drive infrastructure operation improvement and up time.
- Continuously exceeded Security Audit compliance requirements from Fortune 50 Banks and achieved BitSight’s top tier 800 rating. Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) added to augment defense in layers IT Security strategy.
- Other Service Delivery Successes: Secured Remote Access, Mobile (MDM), SOC 2 Type I+2 certification, SIP Voice cost savings ($48K/yr), Standardize Global Backup System, Email Phishing and GLBA data exfiltration protection, endpoint/network security controls, WebURL security control, Global Patch mgmt., Secure File transfer (Sharefile)…
Senior Manager Global IT Telecom Design Solutions
- Manage and provides Confidential ’s Global Core Network Services: Global WAN/LAN routing, firewall security, global Load balancers, MPLS, Internet, Remote VPN access, IPSec site to site, PartnerNet, Extranet, Remote Field Connectivity Services, IP Telephony, Call Center, Wireless and others.
- Successfully led delivery of Data Center migration for all North America Core Network Infrastructure from existing DC to New CoLocation on time and on budget.
- Maturing Network Service Based Processes to scale and move from reactive to proactive mode of operations
Manager, Capacity Event Services
- SWOT analysis to formulate IT strategies to close service gaps through incremental monthly deliverables ensuring business value realization along the way
- Formulate measurable metrics or activities status to ensure execution follows plan and adjust as needed
- Transformed problem plagued Services and ad hoc operations into stable and metric driven operations through technology and process improvements in a challenging international mobile environment of ~55,000 endpoints including ~5000 servers, ~35,000 laptops, ~15,000 workstations.
- Advise/consult all Infrastructures Director(s) on private cloud computing, server/network operational and performance management, server/network monitoring and asset life cycle.
- Successfully developed Confidential private cloud IAAS and POC DBaaS in preparation for On Premise server consolidation, server compliance/patch cost avoidance and automated server life cycle management using ITIL CMS/CMDB.
- Drastically reduced server provisioning from 2 weeks to <5 hours leveraging next generation Private Cloud Computing Automation and achieve global capacity cost mgmt. and elastic demand mgmt.
- Achieving Server Security Compliance/Audit and patch requirement during provisioning achieving remediation cost avoidance ($200/server x # servers built every year)
- Virtual Server Demand and Cost Control/Charge back management
- Cost avoidance through ITIL CMS/CMDB automated integration to ensure Asset Management/Tracking meeting server audit requirement and inventory cost management (($100/server x # servers built every year)
- IT as Service Offering leveraging IaaS/PaaS/DBaaS building block approach to ensure quality and cost control and management
- Reduce OS Lifecycle upgrades cost by through Private Cloud automation vs semi-automated legacy server build process
- Aligning to CIO directive to improve customer satisfaction through metric based user application experience monitoring matched to system component monitoring. Key Performance Indicator (KPI) facilitates numerical analysis ensuring consistent success measure and drive effective root cause analysis.
- Spearheaded new technology development in user experience monitoring in addition to application/infrastructure monitoring and successfully launched SCOM from an unknown platform into Confidential de factor standards aligning to Customer Satisfaction business goal. Won Award winning implementation of MS SCOM from Microsoft.
- Resolved 10 Location User Experience Performance through identification and resolution using tools listed above in 4 weeks.
- Applied new technology before after change demonstrated in quantifiable and measurable application, network metrics. Successfully advocated monitoring as part of sustaining operations instead of costly reoccurring problem management
- Improved incident management by reducing 1400 incidents /month through alert tuning, prioritization base on availability, performance and capacity KPIs.
- POC to demonstrate effective management by exception to cut through the noise and bring focus and help make the right business decisions.
- Network metric based analysis to quickly determine network status reaching root cause analysis faster.
- Realized $215KOpEx annual cost savings by switching Compliance/Audit reporting software and still delivered more capabilities.
- Identified and deployed Business Intelligence with self service new technology to meet business reporting requirements
- Successful contributed to CIO Sponsored Breakthrough Projects with board level visibility.
- On time on budget Implementation of Server Compliance Self Service dashboard/reporting ($120K, ~4600 servers, 1000+ locations) providing unprecedented visibility and self service reporting enabling sustaining remediation tracking and maintenance.
- Part of the Security Incident response team defending against Advanced Persistent Threat (APT).
- Achieved annual cost savings by successfully automate 2500 endpoint agent remediation aligning to “Shift Left” Helpdesk strategy and applying ITIL Continuous Service Improvement best practices.
- Achieved laptop data loss protection preventing loss of Intellectual Property and Confidential reputation loss through deployment of McAfee Endpoint Encryption (~33,000 endpoints) overcoming potentially disruption deployment issues. Turned around a previous failed project attempt. Changed tactical approach by closely involving Tier 1&2 Support globally and massive training and deployment scheduling including introducing encryption life cycle and methodical metric management.
- Endpoint security enhancements through Host Intrusion Prevention (~30,000 endpoints), Site Advisor (~45,000 endpoints), Network Security Platform
- Improved customer satisfaction through automated detection of Virus Scan performance issues by proactively trigger detection and identification of process/file type causing problems for ~4600 servers cutting down mean time to resolution from avg 3 days to hours.
- IT life Cycle mgmt. by Integrating Change Control, Server/network/license inventory
- Application, server, network dependency mapping to facilitate change control process.
- Automate Configuration Item (CI) relationship and attribute to reduce manual updates securing sustainability of data store.
Manager, IT Operations - Data & Voice
- Manage international network and voice operations with 5 direct reports.
- Developed key strategic initiatives by aligning short term tactical requirements with long term business objectives against.
- Efforts ensure an immediate return on investment translating.
- Formulated strategy that produced $250K in OpEx saving within 10 months.
- Realigned CapEx stand alone projects into beginning phases of next generation technologies meeting current needs while paving the way for future cost savings,productivity & enhancements.
- Ensured revenue flow during hurricane season with Vessel Fleet Voice Disaster Recovery VOIP project (ROI in 1.3 years) making possible new features & future cost savings.
- Mitel VOIP deployment resulting in long distance toll savings and functionality enhancements.
- Safeguard revenue generation by improving network monitoring capability to ensure up time.
- Faster new office setup through improvement & standardization to reduce cycle time.
- Adopt quickly: Acting as Director of IT Ops in executing disaster recovery plan 3 months into new position during Hurricane Ike. Remote sites experienced 0 downtime. Enabled company to secure offshore revenue while competitors struggled to get back on line.
- Streamlined workflows such as on call matrix, escalation and monitoring resulting in uptime improvement from 96% to 99.9%.
Principal Network Engineer/Manager
- Successfully spearheaded strategic planning, design, migration of new Global MPLS/IP Network consist of 10,000 users spanning 100+ locations and 20+ countries from legacy hub/spoke network topology to state of art MPLS network.
- Completed on time (1 year) and on budget ($5mil) while meeting business security separation requirements.
- Effectively managed, directed and coordinated with multi-national teams from ABB Corporate Network, external MPLS WAN vendor and previously independently operated Vetco multi-national staff
- 0 incident migration of all 3 key hub site migration dropping less than 2 ip packets and 0 major incidents reported for all branch offices. No users is aware of the network transition.
- Effectively managed and consolidated 12 region/silo multi-nationals from ABB Corporate Network into (1) global network and (1) Server team.
- Effective supply chain life cycle management from RFI, RFP, contract negotiation, selection and complete deployment of a $3.5mil strategic partnership (Britisih Telelcom/formerly Infonet) to consolidate global disparate LAN networks meeting centralized common services key business objectives.
- Consolidated to single forest/multi-domain Active Directory from 23 NT domains for 10,000 users while meeting security separation requirements.
- Avaya VOIP resulting in global long distance toll cost savings and functionality enhancements.
- Drove and won acceptance on proposed Infrastructure integration plan over GE’s original plan by including business process impact, timely delivery of critical application to users through incremental availability, cross functional coordination and supply chain consolidation.
- Ensured Discovery phase of integration is bi-direcitonal and identified best of breed systems based on business criteria such as delivery time, budget, functionality, billing models, user impact& others.
- Performed gap analysis to formulate short term tactical and long term strategic integration initiatives such as cost reduction, billing models, functionality/productivity enhancements and standardization.
- Immediate availability of critical application to select user groups on day 5 after closings while meeting SOX compliance.
- Motivated and focused teams on both sides on tasks at hand instead of peripheral distractions.
- Post Integration Transfer To Operations ensures strategic as well as tactical plans are transferred.
- Ensured business continuity by coordinating and aligning disparate cross functional business, application and infrastructure M&A initiatives into a well orchestrated unified project plan.
- Secured funding and delivered $1.5mil network equipment in 5 months including end of year holidays to 24 countries on time and on budget.
- Re-engineered and optimized process/procedures resulted in 30% faster deployment to meet application delivery deadlines.
- Authored and proposed Integration Process Template at GE.
Senior System Administrator
- Achieving Operational Excellence and methodical Project Management: reduced operational cost through application of appropriate technologies.
- Led Disaster Recovery Project to bring consistency in system installation/configuration.
- Designed/tested the multi-million dollar next generation of Confidential data network to meet the growth, disaster recovery and security requirements.
- Develop/Evaluate Bandwidth Trading Models. Completed models allowing multiple carriers/companies to acquire & release bandwidth based on cost, latency & ip prefixes using PBR, route reflectors in a multi-exit transit BGP4/MPLS network.