- Exemplary record of providing the vision and decisive leadership for startup, turnaround and emerging companies with full technology management responsibilities.
- Successful at building departmental infrastructures that facilitated smooth transitions during periods of significant change, growth, and downsizing.
- Extremely effective at integrating emerging technologies and operational systems/processes to solve complex business problems.
- Talented at developing high - performance teams, making effective decisions, and quickly revising tactics to achieve goals within aggressive time frames.
BI Software: SnapLogic, Fivetran, Microsoft SSIS, Informatica Cloud, ThoughtSpot, IBM Cognos
Database Management System: Snowflake, Microsoft SQL Server, Amazon Redshift, Oracle, MySQL, Informix
Languages: Python, PHP, Java, Informix 4gl, Informix ESQL/C, C Language
Director Data Integrations
- Directed team of ETL developers in consolidating multiple data warehouses into a consolidated data warehouse using SSIS. This effort created one source of curated data for multiple reporting solutions.
- Integrated Oracle Fusion GL and AR data with our data warehouse using Oracle Datasync. Implemented HelpSystems Automate scheduling tool to control the Oracle Datasync and SSIS.
- Integrated our data warehouse with ThoughtSpot.
- Implemented Geocodio to geocode the address data in the data warehouse.
- Implemented Snowflake and Fivetran data replication to start a data lake.
- Led archival of data effort from SaaS providers into Snowflake data lake.
- Reviewed multiple ETL tools to move from SQL Server SSIS to a SaaS ETL provider that would integrate with Snowflake. These tools included: SnapLogic, Matillion, Wherescape RED, and Stitch.
Senior Manager of Data Integrations
- Built most of the ETL for Confidential & Dot using SQL Server SSIS on the data warehouse side connecting to multiple data sources from the company.
- Directed a variety of contractors that assisted in building the Confidential & Dot ETL.
- Directed on shore and off shore contractors in building the database model and ETL for the Confidential & Dot sister brands Keep and Ever using Informatica Cloud and the Amazon Redshift database.
- Directed contractors in the effort to move data from the SQL Server data warehouse to our Redshift data warehouse in order to have a consolidated set of data for reporting.
- Performed SQL Server DBA responsibilities for the BI data warehouse, Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains accounting software, and for the Manhattan Scale warehouse management system software. These responsibilities included setting up SQL Server, setting up maintenance plans, scheduling jobs, as well as finding and correcting performance issues.
- Performed Redshift DBA responsibilities which included setting up the security model, the performance settings, and selecting the appropriate distribution keys, sort keys, and column compression for each table in the database.
- Created and maintained PHP code to extract order related data from the Magento front end (MySQL) to the Great Plains accounting system.
- Created and maintained PHP code to load Google Analytics data from Google into both the SQL Server data warehouse for Confidential & Dot and the Redshift data warehouse for Keep and Ever.
Business Solutions Manager
- Managed dynamic list of issues which required software solutions.
- Consolidated business requirements for each issue into functional business requirements for software development.
- Tested software changes for each business requirement to insure that the software enhancement worked as designed
- Assisted business users with data issues and fulfilled report requests as they arose.
Information Technology Manager
- Managed offshore J2EE developers.
- Reviewed technical specifications and code to ensure conformance with standards and project success.
- Tuned java memory for Jboss applications which doubled application performance.
- J2EE web development using Struts, Hibernate, and Spring on Jboss application server.
- Moved company intranet from Tomcat 3 to Tomcat 5 and set up mod jk for Tomcat to work with IIS.
- Maintained Gentran EDI server and EDI maps including 850, 810, and 856 4010VICS.
- Maintained EXE Exceed 2000 software.