- Around 7 years of rigorous IT experience, leveraging expertise in Data Warehousing, Data Modeling, ETL and Business Intelligence.
- Interacted with the Business Users to understand the Business flow and the operations of the Source (OLTP) systems.
- In - charge of operation and maintenance of MicroStrategy production and non-production environments.
- Handled all Admin activities including user and user group creation/modification, project security, license maintenance, and object migrations across all environments.
- Gathered and documented business requirements for existing and future business systems.
- Experience as Business Analyst with expertise in Finance, Insurance, Business Process Engineering, Systems/ Solutions Engineering, Strategic Planning, and Systems Analysis.
- Efficiently provided Business Intelligence Solutions using MicroStrategy suite which includes MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, MicroStrategy Web,MicroStrategy Mobile server, MicroStrategy Desktop etc.
- Involved in training Business Users on MicroStrategy OLAP Services (such as view filters and derived metrics).
- Skilled in assessing, analyzing, designing Supply Chain Business Processes with a focus on EnterprisePlanning, Demand and Forecast Planning, Inventory Control, Procurement and Order Management.
- Experience in all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Hands on experience using MicroStrategy tools like MicroStrategy Architect, and MicroStrategy Administrator, Command Manger, Object Manager, Integrity Manager etc.
- Configured MicroStrategy authentication with LDAP and Windows authentication. Implemented security in various methods like Security filters, Table Based Security, System Prompts.
- Used MicroStrategy tools like Object Manager and Project merge to compare projects and migrate the objects/projects between two Servers.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Created action filters , parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau .
- Developed Tableau visualizations and dashboards using TableauDesktop .
- Developed Tableau workbooks from multiple data sources using Data Blending .
- Provided 24/7-production support for Tableau users .
- Led teams of 3-4 team members. This included QA professionalsand Support analysts.
- Specialized in designing Report Service Documents with multiple datasets.
- Experience in Data modeling techniques like star and snowflake schemas using Erwin tool
- Good Knowledge on data extraction and transformation (ETL) process and had exposure on tools like Data Stage, InformaticaPower Center 7.0
- Exposure in dealing with variety of Relational Databases like Teradata,Netezza, Oracle, DB2, SQL server
- Expert in writing complex SQL queries, cursors, stored procedures, UDF and triggers.
Reporting Tools: Tableau Desktop, Power BI, MicroStrategy.
Business Analysis: Requirement analysis, business rules, data flow diagram, flowcharts, business process modeling& improvement, functional requirement Analysis, source target mappings, gap analysis, cause and effect analysis, decision tree.
Office Suite: MS Office, MS Excel,VBA , MS Word, MS Visio, Star Office, Open Office.
Programming: HTML/CSS, GitHub, Bit bucket, Visual Basics and UML.
Databases: Teradata, Snowflake, SQL, XML, PL/SQL.
Operating Systems: WIN XP, WIN 2000, Windows NT 4.0, Linux, UNIX.
Data modeling: ER Diagrams, Conceptual, Logical & physical modeling.
Agile Project Management tools: Jira, Rally, VersionOne.
Software Methodologies: SDLC, Waterfall, Agile, XP, Scrum
Sr. MicroStrategy Developer
- Served as lead Principal Business Intelligence designer/developer & administrator for the Overhead door data warehouse supporting over 200 users in the USA, Canada regions.
- Extensive MicroStrategy BI experience in deploying/developing MicroStrategy BI solutions. Focused on performance tuning , data warehouse architecture designing and modeling for managing large BI deployments.
- Generated MicroStrategy Reports by creating Schema and Public Object like attributes, facts, hierarchies, metrics, filters, transformations , custom groups and consolidations .
- Developed mobile specific widgets like Data cloud, Interactive event calendar, Image layout widgets, Network Visualization widget, Time series sliders etc.
- Managed mobile subscription workflows and mobile report subscriptions including real time updates.
- Created several Views and Aggregate tables for developing reports used in MicroStrategy environment.
- Troubleshooting mobile connection issues and prompted reports & scorecards. Performance tuning on mobile Info popup windows for multi panel dashboards.
- Configured Very Large Database (VLDB) Properties at different levels (report, metric, project and database Instance) for optimization.
- Performed schema design, advanced dashboard creation, data modeling , report performance tuning for the customers in Financial, Retail, and Marketing etc.
- Lead a strong MicroStrategy onsite/offshore team and coordinated efforts across multiple projects in a fast-paced dynamic agile environment.
- Worked on MicroStrategy Centralized Management of multiple environments from Web and Automation using Operations Manager, Command Manager, System Manager, Enterprise Manager etc.
- Acted as a liaison between the internal business teams and technical teams right from gathering the requirements, preparing the functional requirement documents , coordinate with the ETL teams on the requirement specifications and designed the MSTR architecture and development .
- Lead the MicroStrategy environment upgrade process on development, QA and production servers.
- Implemented self-service analyticsfor the users to start building their own visualizations/reports using their own data imports via different connectors in MicroStrategy 10 or higher versions.
- Trained users in creating VI dashboard and MicroStrategy driven data mining capabilities like Data wrangling, In Memory and live cubes etc.
- Administered the servers, creating security roles & security groups, monitoring caches, created Time/Event triggers , supported the MicroStrategy office imports and plugins, Report subscriptions , Scheduled maintenance etc.
- Integrated data from all sources like Google Analytics and Google Big Query, Facebook, Twitter, Salesforce into an analytics platform translated into dimensions and metrics ready for consumer reporting and visual insight.
Environment: MicroStrategy 10.4/MSTR 2019 (Administrator, Architect, Desktop, Web Server, Object Manager, Enterprise Manager, Command Manager, Distribution Services), Informatica, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Integration services, Work Front project management tool, TFS 2012 version control
Confidential, Washington DC
- Involved in the business interaction with the end users and gathered report requirements that are needed for the Project.
- Involved in Database meetings and also worked closely with business users in framing the Scope Document.
- Created the technical specifications for the reports for the user acceptance.
- Used MicroStrategy Architect to create Facts, Attributes, Relationships and Hierarchies.
- Extensively worked in developing Metrics, Derived M etrics, Compound M etrics, and Filters for complex reports.
- Created Consolidations, Custom Groups and Prompts for the reports.
- Worked on the performance tuning of the MicroStrategy reports.
- Analyzed and developed the new objects in Test environment and after testing the objects and reports, migrated to Production Environment.
- Designed and developed dashboards and score cards using the latest version 10
- Created custom dashboards using widgets like time series sliders, Micro charts, Lipstick graphs etc.
- Created dashboards which evaluates and compares data for Current and Prior months, quarters, years and made available in Interactive modeand PDF mode.
- Got appreciations from Business users for creating Dashboards look and feelvery close to their wireframes.
- Responsible for testing the reports by writing down SQL queries.
- Worked extensively on dynamic dashboards and scorecards using Report Services with illustrative pie charts and graphs for different Business requirements.
- Designed database schemas for OLAP warehouse databases.
- Created/enhanced catalogs and set user profiles to grant user permissions for querying.
- Validated end user report requests using SQL and MicroStrategy tools.
- Developed customized and Ad-hoc reports using Templates, Metricsand Filtersfor Business analysis using MicroStrategy with features of Drilling options ( drill up, drill down and drill anywhere).
Environment: MicroStrategy 10.0(Administrator, Desktop, Narrowcast Server, Object Manager, Enterprise Manager, integrity Manager, Command Manager) SQL Server 2015, Teradata.
Confidential - Pittsburgh, PA
- Responsible for understanding the business requirements from the users and analyzing the report specification documents.
- Worked on converting Teradata reports in SQL to MicroStrategy reports and documents.
- Analyzed logical data models, understood data warehouse tables and columns, map the columns to the MicroStrategy project by creating public objects.
- Created complex metrics involving MTD/YTD Transformations and Level Dimensionality.
- Troubleshooting MicroStrategy objects like Attributes, Facts, Transformations, Metrics, Prompts, Filters, Templates, Consolidations, and Custom Group.
- Created Intelligent Cubs to improve performance.
- Used Distribution Services for timely distribution of reports to users.
- Worked in MicroStrategy Administration creating new users, roles, privileges, shared folders, access controls lists.
- Used the VLDB properties for performance tuning and SQL optimization.
- Worked on creation of views in Teradata for the creation of MicroStrategy objects.
- Created Dashboards for Merchants and Consumers through report services document through MicroStrategy Desktop.
- Created design and technical specification documents for realizing MicroStrategy objects to be integrated in the report.
- Demonstrated the Yahoo Dashboard reports and documents to the users.
Environment: MicroStrategy Desktop 9.4.1, MicroStrategy Intelligence Server 9.4.1, MicroStrategy Web, Report services, Teradata V2R5, MSSQL Server 2005, Windows 2008.