- I am passionate about software development and being able to use it to solve business objectives. I have the experience necessary to empower my team to be effective, learning from and growing with each other as they build solutions and relationships. I lead by example and strive to model what I expect from my team. My goal is one of ongoing improvement, so I can continue to lead my team in a sustainable cycle of delivering impactful solutions.
- Managed on - prem infrastructure team and cloud-centric infrastructure team while building a migration process and deployment pipeline between the two.
- Developed provisioning and deployment processes to automate many manual processes while building an Infrastructure as Code environment centered on Ansible.
- Lead implementation to move new development to Docker and Kubernetes using AWS EKS and AWS ECR while building a new deployment pipeline based on Gitlab CI/CD.
Applications Development Manager
- Organized several large teams consisting of a mixture of local, remote, and offshore resources.
- Transitioned teams from a waterfall process to an agile SCRUM based process that builds and demonstrates working software as it is completed.
- Executed a re-platforming of key software from traditional “on-premise” Microsoft stack to a cloud-centric solution based on a cross-platform .NET Core backend, serverless Angular frontend, with AWS SNS/SQS, AWS RDS (Aurora), AWS EKS and other cloud-native solutions.
Director of Ecommerce
- Organized internal team and several consulting teams during deployment of major ecommerce re-platforming including coordinating efforts across the entire organization.
- Reengineered backend systems to improve site performance to an average sub-second response time as well as reducing server load significantly.
- Planned and implemented payment processing initiative that enabled a move from SAQ D to SAQ A-EP/SAQ C-VT resulting in a reduction in compliance scope as well as a more secure solution overall.