- A Certified Public Accountant with a background in management overseeing Federal, State and Local finance activities. Experience with regulatory and financial compliance including tax and licensing process for State and Local governments. Administrative skills include general ledgers, audits and budgets, government revenue cycles, payroll and theory of internal controls.
- Ensured gaming tax $2million/annually was collected from organizations who participated in the state expanded gambling law.
- Reviewed charitable organizations reports against Licensee’s and determined if audit difference exists to plan follow - up audits.
- Lead auditor in suspending an illegal poker room and casino operation in southern NH.
- Prepared agencies financial data for inclusion into the State CAFR and State Fund report according to GAAP and GAAS.
- Compiled adjusting journal entries and accruals for year-end cut-off for Department of Revenue and Department of Public health.
- Recognized State tax accruals and State expenditures (IBNR) incurred but not yet recorded for provider reimbursements, eligible for State Medicaid liability calculation.
- Calculated earned payroll payable for statewide accrual of liability and post to proper agency accruals.
Director of Accounting
- Reviewed Medicaid matched department expenditures, hospital disproportionate share payments and county nursing home pro-share reimbursements, Medicaid enhancement tax and medicinal cannabis program.
- Prepared department wide dashboard to provide important program measures against department wide budget metrics. Oversaw all activities of accounting department.
- Reviewed and prepare MCO and Medicaid and incurred but not reported (IBNR) state liability for year-end accrual.
- Prepared and assign transfers of appropriations for submission to fiscal committee meetings.
- Reviewed coding of MMIS expenditures from provider reports on Medicaid expenditures.
Chief Financial Officer
- Oversaw all financial activity for 80 stores, including inventory and daily deposits.
- Reconciled annual deposits of $650mil and prepared department budget of $50 million.
- Prepared the comprehensive annual financial report and oversee external audit relations.
- Discovered employee theft of $75K, who was prosecuted and plead guilty of felony fraud.