- To obtain a position where I can realize my full potential, broaden my field of experience and ultimately contribute to the success of my employer and company.
ERP systems: Oracle R12, JD Edwards, and Peoplesoft.
Financial Planning software: GL Wand, Sage 500, Hubble, Anaplan, BI360, CashAnalytics. Supply Chain/Logistics industry specific software WMS, TMS, YMS, Manhattan Associates, various automated conveyor sortation systems.
Senior Financial Analyst
- Develops monthly and quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting and long - range planning for multiple business groups and assist with the consolidation and reporting of business entities.
- Develops and forecasts weekly cash flow modeling at the portfolio companies and at the consolidated level.
- Modeled COVID-19 stress test and recovery cash flow models for various shutdown lengths, employee furloughs, and reopening circumstances for multiple business entities in real time.
- Prepares weekly and monthly executive reports including key performance metrics.
- Liaises with various departments to improve operating processes, efficiencies and reporting.
- Interacts regularly with the accounting, marketing, operations of multiples business units and liaises with external consultants as needed.
- Maintains corporate consolidated rollup schedules from all business entities to report to owners.
- Reports assets at a consolidated level on a weekly basis to receive funding from revolving debt instruments.
- Creates ad-hoc analyses to drive business strategy.
- Assists with strategic M&A planning, execution, and review processes.
- Helps drive KPI and finance accountability and visibility throughout the organization.
Senior Financial Analyst
- Helped identify SQL coding errors in ERP-generated reports that resulted in collecting $1.2M in uninvoiced charges to customer.
- Worked with IT to fix reports to eliminate future issues with billing and inventory tracking.
- Assisted in transitioning system-generated reports from older, proprietary software to Oracle cloud-based software.
- Compiled and implemented SOPs (standard operating procedures) for new and existing processes to ensure uniformity across departments and product lines.
- Prepares the Annual Operating Plan and mid-year Forecast and publishes the Weekly Position Report for all product lines.
- Developed custom monthly dashboards for Executive Management to analyze sales by customer, revenue, product type, and profitability.
- Creates KPI tracking reports and monthly P&L reports by Business Unit to improve visibility to Senior Management.
- Identifies trends and developments within the various Business Units and provides value-add recommendations to improve top and bottom lines.
- Built various financial models to determine feasibility and profitability of various projects, including Capex ROI and vendor consolidation.
- Perform Ad-hoc analysis including scenario testing with dynamic inputs to provide best course of action during planning phase of crop season.
- Determine break-even point using financial models to mitigate loss and project future profits for new and existing product lines and business units.
- Create 5-year financial proformas to determine cash flow needs and support strategic decision-making.
- Generates the Bi-Annual Company Stock Valuation.
Senior Financial Analyst
- Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately.
- Identifies trends and developments within the Operation and various profit centers and presents the findings to senior management.
- Performs financial weekly forecasting and reconciliation of internal accounts. ROI and CapEx analysis.
- Pricing models for new and existing customers including creating proforma P&Ls with real-time labor and equipment figures. Determines true contribution margin in order to provide best pricing using economies of scale and resource sharing to maintain healthy margin.
- Conducts special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action.
- Analyzes financial information to determine present and future financial performance.
- Identifies trends and recommends improvements accordingly.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Coordinates with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, acquisition activity, new business planning, trended future requirements, government requirements, and operating forecasts.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the finance and accounting field.
- Collaborates heavily with operational leadership to provide quality tools to expedite and improve decision-making.
- Track financial status by monitoring variances from actual, forecast, and budget.
- Determine financial status by comparing and analyzing budgets and forecasts with actual results.
- Improve financial status by analyzing results and variances, identifying trends and making recommendations to senior management.
- Lead team in the preparation of budgets, forecasts, governmental reporting, statistical reports, management reporting and cost reporting.
- Present monthly financial performance and relay information to senior management.
- Evaluate and analyze standard yearly budgets, capital expenditures proposals, profit plans, operating records and financial statements.
- Conduct assigned financial studies and surveys to collect, summarize and analyze the financial results of operational activities.
- Develop, implement and maintain reports to support the organization accounting function as required.
- Determine competitive rate levels, and expected costs for potential business offered to the YLA Warehouse business unit.
- Respond to customers with rate offerings that are market-competitive and result in new business at desirable margin levels.
- Perform audits on current business within standard pricing guidelines, and make recommendations for pricing strategies in exceptional situations.
- Collaborate with management up to the VP level and operations down to the supervisor level to develop and execute pricing to minimize cost transfer when pricing business for new and existing accounts.
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity through the development of tools that will support the operation in effective and timely pricing activities.
- Enhance the effectiveness of the pricing function through continuous improvement activities.