- Strong Data, Analytical and hands on technical Business Analyst skills. Business Intelligence and Business Analytics, Reporting and data transformation experience. Product development and Delivery and support of Analytical work includes data gathering and translating requirements into functional specifications for Oil & Gas, Financial, Entertainment, Cable and HealthCare Industries.
- Recent experiences included Business Intelligence Product delivery, Data, Business and Systems Analysis and Subject Matter Expertise, performed Analysis, training and presentations.
- Well versed with 3 - Tier design patterns architecture for application development efforts and application development methodologies.
Management skills: Business Analyst, Strong Communication, project management, presentation, Information gathering.
Databases: SQL Server 2016/2012/2008 , Oracle 10, DB2, ACCESS
Business Intelligence: Tableau 10.5, Microsoft BI Stack - SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
Programming: C#, VB.Net, Visual Basic 6, VBA, SQL
Report Writer: SQL Reporting Services, Business Objects, Crystal Reports XI, 10.0/9.0/8.5
Productivity Tools: Excel, Visio, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook
Other: Business Intelligence Development studio, Database Studio, SSIS
Senior Business/Data Analyst
- Identified and participated in process improvement initiatives that improves the internal customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
- Provided expertise and architectural consulting in the areas of Data Analytics, Data Warehousing, Scorecards, Dashboards, Business Performance Monitoring and Data Mining. Provided functional and technical subject matter expertise in various data management, warehousing, business intelligence and Data Visualizations.
- Standardize cross-departmental data definitions, KPIs, and calculations.
- Provided status reports to senior management, and, create data visualizations that leverage all features of BI Software (Parameters, Filters, Advanced Charts, Data Connections, Actions, Dashboards, etc.) with these visualizations presenting data to distinguish patterns and recognize trends, by presenting complex patterns in the form of easily deciphered charts and graphs. Create custom SQL to query complex data models in the most effective way for the database and the application servers. Liaison between business stakeholders, developers, infrastructure teams and project management groups.
- Analyze data requirements, application and processing architectures, data dictionaries and database schemas while designing, developing, amending, optimizing and certifying database designs to satisfy reporting needs.
Technologies Used: Confluence, JIRA, Tableau, and Power BI, Product Development and Project Management.
- Analyzed and prepared Business Cases for internal Management for Data Optimization program for managements and key stake holders.
- Key objective was to save cost by reducing data footprints on the servers and storage devices. Analysis included Biggest and Costly applications, Applications with the most servers.
- Cost Analysis on the Data sizes by identifying Growth areas, Year over Year growth on data and working with finance.
- Calculations included BDPaaS and MapR on Bid Data Platform and Growth-related Calculations. Analysis on Server decommissioning area.
- Post analysis included BI reports reflecting data movements from expensive to cheaper media using Tableau and SQL Server.
- Prepared detail whitepaper on data storage for its Data and Cost growth. Tableau Admin, Tableau user management included.
Technologies Used: Tableau 10.5, Tableau Dashboards, Excel, PowerPoint, SQL Server, DB Visualizer etc.