Tech - savvy Financial and Data Analyst with extensive experience analyzing financial, credit, and supply chain data for optimizing client and corporate investment strategies and process improvement. I have strong expertise in researching industries, monitoring and analyzing key operational and performance metrics and developing and maintaining dashboards to highlight insights, and a proven track record in designing and implementing tools that have helped streamline/automate processes for budgeting, forecasting, identifying trends, variance analysis and propose recommendations for corrective action. I am a thorough, curious, and detail-oriented professional with strong writing, presentation and technical skills. Additionally, I am bilingual in English and Vietnamese, with an intermediate command of Mandarin.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Data Analysis - Data Visualization - Data Modeling - Predictive Analytics - Financial Modeling - Process Improvement - Credit Underwriting - Portfolio Management - Digital Supply Chain - Data Engineering
Spreadsheets: Advanced Excel, Google Sheets, Macros, Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP
Data Visualization and Communication: Tableau, Power BI, PowerPoint, Web visualization
Other tech skills: Jira, MS Power Automate, SharePoint, developing Machine Learning models using Python, Natural Language Processing
Accounting and finance: QuickBooks, Moody s Risk Analyst
Confidential, Burbank, California
- Designed and automated complex SQL queries to process millions of servicing records to make sure reports get to Tableau dashboards for users to easily view, filter, and make decisions on the data that impact our key areas and metrics (ex: digital supply chain, asset research, domestic television, on-time delivery, etc.)
- Configured Power Automate workflows to automatically trigger email workflows to streamline servicing of our key clients (ex: iTunes, Movies Anywhere)
- Reverse engineered SQL scripts for our key dashboards to develop documentation explaining data flows to managers and visualize data into easy-to-understand flow charts
- Utilized SQL to automate running our key finance reports (Deluxe, Dubbing, Subtitling reports) and added calculated fields for to highlight additional metrics
- Developed SQL scripts to automate adding new entries to our data mapping dictionaries, updating SharePoint lists, and ingest excel data
Financial and Operational Data Analyst
Confidential, Compton, California
- Developed and maintained a management dashboard powered by visual charts that automatically extracts information from multiple different data sources, tracking daily / weekly / monthly key performance indicators.
- Assisted senior management with budgeting and forecasting for drayage business.
- Performed monthly variance analysis versus budget, forecasts and prior periods, identify trends.
- Held accountability for reconciling client payments, reviewing and issuing trucking invoices for local transportation services, and ensuring prompt settlement of receivables and payables to drivers.
- Designed dashboards with Power BI and Google Sheets to keep track of daily operational cost, revenue and monitor 8000 trucking containers and 200 drivers.
- Optimized shared files that monitor daily operational activities with enhanced formulas and VBA scripts, reducing input errors, ensuring data quality for daily transactions and improving processing speed.
- Developed more than 80 SQL queries to generate billing and payment reports.
- Developed budget and payment scheme that balanced the usage of company drivers and owner operators, helped saving tens of thousands of dollars of operational cost.
- Led efforts to enhance trucker tracking workflow by increasing processing speed by 50%.
- Doubled productivity of billing and driver settlement process by reviewing and removing redundant steps and contributing ideas for improving operation management system (VIntermodal and TMS).
Senior Credit and Financial Analyst
- Wrote and analyzed credit proposals to determine approvals for commercial borrowing, project financing, bank guarantees, and credit issuance.
- Coordinated all credit proposals between departments and issued financing strategies to international corporate entities.
- Successfully supervised client portfolio with $50M USD in lending assets and $35M USD in deposits, covering foreign invested companies including top FDI enterprises in several industries.
- Provided analytical decisions and efficient solutions for complex credit risk management and regulatory concerns. Drove operational improvements while growing interest income and non-funding income for various banking products.
- Successfully closed major lending deal for Hanoi Branch worth $55M with Phuc Son Cement.
Credit and Financial Analyst
- Conducted thorough financial analysis of the customers’ business.
- Prepared credit proposals for borrowing customers. Grew interest income from commercial lending and non-interest income from trade services, foreign exchange, payments and cash management.