- Data architecture strategy and design
- Database design and modeling both relational and dimensional (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
- Data analysis and data quality assessment
- Database system development across full project life cycle (SQL and MS PowerShell)
- System selection and implementation
- Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
- Microsoft Azure cloud environment and Azure SQL Database
- Data Analysis and visualization (Power BI, Power Query, SSRS)
- Data integration and transformation (SSIS, Informatica)
Senior Manager, Information Technology
- Responsible for the analysis and design of process for implementing offset accounting logic for corporate expense account invoices, sourced from SAP Concur.
- Process consisted of several modules that performed the following functions:
- Validate inbound Concur transaction file against established business rules
- Determine and generate the correct debit and credit transactions and apply them to the appropriate accounts based on business requirements
- Produce XML package for upload to Microsoft D365 ERP system
- Solution was implemented through the development of SQL Server T - SQL code and PowerShell scripts.
- Responsible for the analysis and design of data extraction logic and code for automating the loading of sales invoice information into the BI data warehouse from Chempax ERP system utilized by Houghton’s Wallover Enterprises subsidiary.
- This effort consisted of mapping the Wallover ERP invoice data to the appropriate fields in the Houghton BI data warehouse staging layer. Once source data was correctly mapped, developed SQL query to be incorporated into SSIS packages that performed the extraction from the Chempax Progress database and loaded into SQL Server. In addition, I performed data validation on invoice volume, revenue and cost data. Worked with members of both the Houghton finance and IT organizations along with Datacor vendor resources.
- In addition to this effort, also reconciled data for European countries that were using a manual upload process to populate the BI data warehouse. This consisted of reviewing Excel files sourced from specific country financial data and an Access based European analytics systems.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of a data integration hub that is a core component of Confidential adoption of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 for operations platform.
- Work is done in an Azure cloud-based environment. My development consists of Azure SQL Database stored procedures and PowerShell scripts for data transformation and validation.
- In addition to data transport the integration hub is also designed to integrate reporting an analytics data cross enterprise. I also have responsibility for designing data repository for use with Microsoft PowerBI to provide both operational reporting and analysis.
- Primary responsibilities are the design and development of a SQL Server data store, data extraction and reporting for Affordable Care Act compliance for the Human Resources department.
- Required data is sourced from multiple Human Resources applications residing both a SQL Server database and Oracle database, accessed via a Linked Server utilizing the Oracle Provider for OLE DB
- Enhance and finalize ACA extracts and reports for Payroll, Benefits, Dependents and Demographics based upon existing requirements. This consists of:
- Design and implementation of SQL Server tables to store extracts.
- Development of stored procedures for reporting and tracking.
- Data validation and exception alerts.