- 7+ years of Progressive experience in Human Resource (HRIT) with above 4 years in the areas of Workday HCM, Recruiting, Compensation, Benefits, Time and Absence, Reporting and Business Analysis.
- 4 years of experience on Full Life Cycle Implementation, Workday Integrations, and Production Support of Workday HCM applications.
- Hands on Experience in Configuring Custom reports, calculated fields, Workday Studio, EIB Inbound/Outbound Integrations, Core Connector, Cloud Connector (CCB), Report Design, Workday API’s and Workday Web Services.
- Built Custom Reports and dashboards for business analysis including Advanced,Composite, Matrix, Simple with various business modules like Compensation,Recruiting, Benefits, Talent and Performance Management etc.
- Expertise in HCM functionality to configure, maintain the business process, workflow, supervisory organizations, Staffing models, job profiles, positions, locations, compensation, cost centers, and security.
- Expertise in Data Management, Data Conversions, Workday Reports (BIRT, Advanced, Simple, Composite and Matrix), and creating Custom reports using different combinations of calculated fields.
- Designed Business flow diagrams and processes, which included process in Staffing models, job benefits, compensation grades, and packages.
- Expertise in analysis of client’s HR/Payroll business needs through client working sessions and day to day support of Workday HCM, Security, Compensation and Reporting issues.
- Experience in developing test strategy by creating test plans and executing cycles of unit string integrations and assisted the customer in regression and user acceptance testing.
- Experience in various technologies involved in development (XML, XPATH, Web Services).
- Worked on the Object Management Systems like Role - Based Security, User-Based Security and Job-Based Security Groups.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Phases such as Requirement analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Deployment with working knowledge in methodologies like Agile and Waterfall, SCRUM across the span of various projects, participated actively in their implementation using MS Project, and Excel as Reporting Tool.
Workday skills: Workday HCM and Integrations, Workday Report Writer, EIB, Core Connectors, PECI and Workday Studio
Other Technologies/Tools: XML, WSDL, XPATH, XSD, HTML, SOAP UI, Oxygen XML Editor, Payroll, Benefit Administration, Recruiting, Compensation
Document Processing: MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio, ServiceNow, Jira
Databases and Tools: SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
Workday HCM Consultant
- Led Workday implementation to replace the legacy system SAP with Workday HCM, Compensation, Recruitment, Learning, and Time and Absence management.
- Developed and maintained a detailed process and work plan for gathering and documenting conversion requirements, developing and testing conversion extracts and transformations, and performed data validations.
- Participated in data conversion from the legacy system SAP and Peoplesoft creating the complex calculated field as per the requirement of the business.
- Participated in configuring the business process for the entire hiring process beginningfrom creating position, job requisition, posting it to the internal and external career sitesetc.
- Extensively involved in testing the application in different environments - Implementation, sandbox tenants.
- Developed advanced reports from simple reports by using Calculated Fields, Sorting,Filtering Report Fields, providing Advanced Filtering Option, Creating Sub Filters andby using related Business Objects.
- Designed and configured Workday HCM and Security configuration objects like Organizations, subordinate organization, Management Hierarchies, Position, Security Groups, and Functional area etc.
- Participated in the design and the optimization of all global HR processes and ensured the Workday HCM system is configured and leveraged to support and HR/Payroll business processes.
- Prepared EIB data loads for loading Positions, New Hires/Rehires, Change Job, Terminations, Absence, Compensation Changes using different web services.
- Participated in Workday HCM Testing which includes System, Integration and End To End Testing, Parallel Acceptance Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Worked with various United States, Canada and Mexico paid and unpaid leave types.
- Worked closely with the HRIS members in testing and created the workbooks for performing various task like Hire, Change Job, Termination, Personal Information Change, Creating Position, Job Requisition etc. in Workday.
- Worked with the business user and MyHR to develop and publish the custom and ad-hoc reports using various calculated fields like Evaluate Expression, Look Up Related Value, Arithmetic Calculation, and scheduling the reports as needed by the business users.
- Responsible for validating the integration output file and perform production break fixes for Workday integration by trouble shooting, working with business and developers to identify the root cause, and designing the appropriate solution.
- Worked on setting up scheduling of reports and understanding the required permissions for report sharing and support the various reporting functions with Simple and Advanced Advanced Reports defining columns, business objects, fields, column heading overriding, multiple sorting technique, sorting by secondary objects with respect to Workday functionality and client business requirement for new implementation initiatives.
- Provided Tier 2 post-production support for core HCM modules post go live in January 2020 and worked on Post-implementation support and enhancements.
- Worked with the Global Payroll Vendors like ADP for the United States and Canada likewise, SICOSS for Mexico.
- Participated in the functional and technical knowledge-transfer meeting with the implementation partner.
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
Workday Integration Consultant
- Responsibilities included in enhancement of various workday integrations and analyzing new functional requirement.
- Worked on multiple modules including HCM, Payroll, Recruiting, Benefits, Absence, Time Off and Time Tracking.
- Analyzed business requirement to determine integration solutions across various types of integration; documentation of requirements, solutions and impacts, alternatives and final decisions.
- Involved in Integration Testing while validating the integrations on periodical workday upgrades.
- Created new integration to pull the new hires information using Core Connector Worker and Document Transformation which uses connector integrations XML Output as its data source input.
- Configuring EIB (Inbound & Outbound), Core Connector, CCB using Tenant and also developing Studio integrations (Outbound & Inbound) to integrate with third party systems.
- Configuring payroll interface to send pay data to external payroll vendors like ADP.
- Used delivered ETV/XTT functions from a Custom XSLT file to transform the content into a CSV file format.
- Workday Studio (Inbound) - Developed custom studio integrations to load new hires from people admin. These also include internal hires, contingent workers.
- Worked closely with the client’s project teams to ensure that the customer’s successful deployments Workday’s Integrations/Reports and Postproduction Activities. Took active participation in testing with third party groups.
- Used sequence generators, generating templates and validating inbound integration system results.
- Participated in manual testing as well as an automated testing by using the Kainos Smart automated tool.
- Developed several Integration in Workday Studio using Splitters, Sync and A Sync Mediations.
Confidential, Foster City, CA
Workday HCM Consultant
- Gathered requirements for various Workday inbound and outbound HR, payroll, and benefits integrations.
- Managed several integration implementations by working with business partners, vendors, and developers.
- Involved in the meetings with business process owners, SME (subject matter experts), and Security Audit Team for requirement gathering and verification stage.
- Experienced across the entire Project Life cycle phases including requirements gathering, fit/gap analysis, functional design documentation, Business process design, build, user acceptance testing, training and deployment activities.
- Create, test and document new benefit plans, rates, benefit groups, eligibility, and event rules configuration.
- Experience in setup of all benefit modules which include evidence of insurability and beneficiaries.
- Maintained time off and absence plans in the system, created new time off plans or modified existing plans, time off accruals to reflect to the new business rules.
- Assigned rules to Compensation components (packages, grade, grade profiles and plans) to control which employees are eligible for them.
- Configuring compensation business process for exempt and nonexempt workers.
- Performed maintenance of Workday structures such as supervisory organization, location organization, talent organization, etc. Assist with testing for updates or other purposes.
- Responsible for developing the reporting the strategy for the HCM domain. Advised the business on the use of leveraging the Workday standard delivered reports.
- Plan and create various reporting documents for End Users module guides, Setup and Configuration guide for SME’S process operational guide and manuals for operations users and others as needed.
- Worked with business users in developing security roles & profiles and user-based security based on data accessibility.
- Creating validation rules for different business processes and moving them to production after testing them in sandbox.
- Mapped HCM data in the outbound integrations systems, to deliver to via web services.
- Created ad-hoc integrations for job changes, Organization Changes, Address, Person Update, Salary, Supervisor, Terminations and locations.
- Performed production break fixes for Workday integrations by troubleshooting, working with business and developers to identify root cause, and designing the appropriate solution.
- Experienced in using Excel (Macros) to maintain the project status and to do tasks across the agile development process.
- Developed a good number of inbound EIBS to populate new hire, Change Job and Compensation data.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Maintenance and creation of Workday Supervisory Organizations, Locations, Positions, Cost Centers, and Cost Center hierarchies.
- Evaluate and Configure BPs and Provide innovative solutions to unique business problems.
- Collected and Clarified client requirements, business needs and project objectives, via feedback sessions and client meetings, in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Hands on experience in Standard Reports, Calculated fields and Custom report Created and maintained custom and ad-hoc reports as well as, run scheduled reports needed by end-users and Create custom Workday reports and modify/troubleshoot existing custom reports using Calculated Fields.
- Workday HR Configuration knowledge and experience in modules like Personnel Administration, Organization Management, Time, Benefits, Payroll, and Security.
- Utilized Workday testing methodology for system development and implementation, developed detail test strategy, plans and scripts to test specific HCM business process in Workday HCM.
- Designed and configured Workday Business processes for HCM, including Hire, Change Job, Termination, Propose Compensation etc.
- Configured end-to-end Payroll module from Setting up Payroll Processing, Earnings and Deduction, Compliance Updates and Processing Payroll to Financials integration.
- Developed workday reporting and configured dashboards for HR team and configured Workday compensation packages including salary, bonus, allowance, commission, and merit plans.
- Performed Fit/Gap analysis in the system and interacted with Business Analysts to figure out Process flow in HR various Business processes.
- Experience in creating standard/custom quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports as needed by business.
HR Generalist/ Business Analyst
- Acted as a liaison between users, business stakeholders and technical team to keep them in sync with the project progress.
- Worked on reporting capabilities including report design, data requirements, dashboards, and ad hoc reporting.
- Responsible for performing HR- related duties on a professional level and worked closely with senior HR management in supporting designated geographic regions.
- Worked with cross-functional team in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action etc.
- Designed Business Process Flows, Data Flows and Activity diagrams for most of the use cases identified using UML/Visio.
- Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database.
- Performed Web Service testing using SOAP UI, XML, & WSDL. Providing required input data to request XML & get the required data from response XML & use the response data from another request XML using SOAP UI.
- Assisted in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.