Top - performing, lead-from-the-front Operations, Supply Chain and Product Management Director with 15+ years building and leading top-performing, efficient, and cost-effective operations for public/private-sector global organizations. Puts the right people in the right place. Continually reengineers processes and procedures.Passionate and Innovative Manager with proven track record of driving robust strategic planning and significant process design, productivity, and cost improvements for equipment manufacturers/distributors.
Business Analysis | Business Operations | Continuous Improvement | Cross-Functional Team Leadership | ERP | BOMS | Routings | Global Operations | Inventory Control | ISO 13485 | Life Cycle Management| Lean Six Sigma | Logistics | Management | Oracle | Process Improvement | Theory of Constraints | Risk Management | P&L | People Management | Strategic Planning | Medical Devices | Product Development | Project Management | Quality Systems | Sourcing | Supply Chain Management | Turnaround Management | Operations Management
Confidential, Carlsbad, CA
SENIOR MANAGER - SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Redesigned Supply Chain Architecture for a publicly traded medical device manufacturer of various spinal implants and instrumentation, in which products are mainly contract manufactured and distributed via multiple 3PL facilities.
- Initiated Supplier Relationship Management program that aligned organization to view inventory as commodities and consolidate supply base. Established Vendor Managed Inventory agreements, equipment leases, and regular business review with core suppliers. Drove lead time and cost reductions.
- Key Team Member for S&OP development initiating a sales and purchase forecasting program, inventory replenishment methodology, and warehouse stocking levels.
- Inventory Reduction by optimizing the inventory stocking and replenishment methodologies and increase in forecast accuracy via S&OP program
- Reduction of Lead times from 7 months to 2 months by establishing stocking agreements for high running parts and having dedicated machine capacity sitting idle for low runners and significant demand increases. Also working on agreement to have supply base increase processing capabilities to reduce the number of suppliers throughout the value chain.
- Reduced New Product Introduction lead times by establishing good relationships with key suppliers and issuing expense purchase orders to reserve machine capacity while drawings and models are still in development.
DIRECTOR - CATEGORY MANAGEMENT / SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
- Drove critical Supply Planning and Inventory Management decisions for a leading high-volume seasonal consumer goods global designer, manufacturer, and retailer of diverse equipment for the law enforcement, military, public safety, first responder, and sporting communities.
- Proactively managed multiple projects start to finish.
- Exercised full P&L accountability for multiple domestic, overseas, and in-house manufacturing business units generating >$20M in annual revenues .
- Managed, oversaw, and responsible for inventory stocking levels and turns, on time delivery, and gross margin targets.
- Drove continuous improvement of processes and efficiencies.
- ERP SME: steered multiple corporate projects to success.
- Developed project management templates and reporting for acquisitions of other businesses; managed new product integration to hard deadlines; managed outsourcing of non-core manufacturing processes. Maximized inventory, minimized obsolescence, trained staff, aligned strategy.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
OPERATIONS/SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
- Managed all daily Operations and Supply Chain activities for a start-up medical device and equipment contract manufacturer.
- Supervised up to 25 direct reports.
- Created policies, procedures, and processes for a new business.
- Hired and developed team from scratch.
- Created organization chart.
- Defined manufacturing processes.
- Pioneered process improvement methodologies significantly improved efficiencies and throughput of sourcing and receipt of raw materials, contracting, manufacturing, packaging, and distribution of finished products.
- Sourced supplier base, negotiated pricing and terms, determined on-hand inventory, aligned procedures to Confidential and ISO regulations.
- Cut overall inventory 10%, COGS 7% through cost-efficient manufacturing.
- Implemented and mastered Confidential Enterprise One ERP system as onsite SME.
- Successfully launched four distinct product lines: translated R&D into functional manufacturing practices. Managed and oversaw staffing and equipment requirements, facility layout, raw component sourcing, sterilization contracts, and logistical movement between facilities throughout the supply chain.
- Cut high failure rate in key processes to zero by redesigning processes for key customer producing 30% of company’s total revenues.
- Reduced backorders from $1.25M to $45K in 8 months: analyzed internal production processes, defined KPIs, adopted Lean Six Sigma processes, trained staff, and partnered with suppliers.
- Implemented improved inventory control processes.
PROCESS CONSULTANT / LEAD ANALYST
- Fast-tracked through series of increasingly responsible supervisory/management positions leading domestic and foreign operations, production, resource management, and inventory control for a worldwide organization. Served as Operations Supervisor, Production Team Leader, and Internal Process Consultant. Led/directed teams of up to 30 staff.
- Earned LSS Black Belt. Reengineered standard operating procedures at an equipment repair facility: saved labor and man-hours, improved customer service and staff morale, doubled daily output.
- Repeatedly led and trained teams to safely, quickly, and accurately handle, assemble, and test large quantities of high-value, complex, mission-critical technical equipment with 100% success.
- Applied Lean Six Sigma and other continuous improvement methodologies to analyze and streamline multiple operations. Achieved >95% operational readiness ratings and cut overhead costs >$800K.
- Innovated management tools using MS Office and database/statistical analyses adopted by Navy enterprise.