- Creative, Analytical and Results - oriented professional with 9 plus years of experience in Power BI, Business Analysis and Software Quality Assurance.
- Expertise in Power BI, Power BI Pro, Power BI Mobile.
- Expert in creating and developing Power BI Dashboards in to rich look.
- Developed Power BI model used for financial reporting of P & L and Headcount.
- Expertise in writing complex DAX functions in Power BI and Power Pivot.
- Experience in using various sources to pull data into Power BI such as Sql Server, SAP BW, Oracle, SQL Azure etc.
- Created Workspace and content packs for business users to view the developed reports.
- Scheduled Automatic refresh and scheduling refresh in power bi service.
- Experienced in writing calculated columns, Measures query’s in power bi desktop to show good data analysis techniques.
- Worked on all kind of reports such as Yearly, Quarterly, Monthly, and Daily. Weekly presentation to the business users about the reports and their changes as required.
- Extensively used Joins and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Creating and Modifying Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, User-defined Functions, and Triggers as required.
- Developed Excel PowerView, PowerQuery and PowerPivot dashboards for data analysis
- Designed and created data extracts, supporting SSRS, Power BI, Tableau or other visualization tools reporting applications.
- Experience in Ad-hoc reports, data driven subscription reports by using Report Builder.
- Experience in developing Dashboard Report, Parameterized Reports, Linked reports, Sub reports by Region, Year, Quarter, Month and Week.
- Experienced in all facets of Software Development Life Cycle (Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and maintenance) using Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Great Facilitation skills in conduction walkthroughs, surveys, interviews, Brainstorming and JAD/JAR sessions.
- Expert knowledge of skills required for BA portfolio - Requirements Elicitation, Stake holder analysis, Impact analysis and Document analysis.
- Proficient in creating User Stories, Use Case Specification, Functional Requirement Document(FRD), Business Process Flows, Workflows, Test Cases, Test Plans, Flow Diagrams.
- Experience in using Project Management Tools- JIRA, Confluence, Test Management - Quality Centre (QC)
- Prepare mock ups, wireframes for effective UX and design.
- Excellent leadership, conflict management, and team management skills
- Very good verbal and written communication.
Operating Systems: Window 10, Windows 7, Window Vista/2003/2000/NT XP/98.
Application: MS Power BI, Tableau, MS Azure, MS Office: MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint.
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile.
Modeling Tools: MS Visio, MS Project, StarUML
Database: SQL Server, Oracle Server
Test Tools: HP Quality Centre, JIRA.
Power BI Developer
- Interacted with business users for gathering requirements and look and feel of the applications to be developer.
- Developed various dashboards, used context filters, sets while dealing with huge volume of data.
- Used excel sheet, flat files, CSV files to generated Power BI adhoc reports.
- Designed dash boards for actionable, non-actionable complaints from Multidimensional database.
- Generated dashboards to compare the expected weekly registration and physician specific registrations used dual axis for comparison.
- Generated Dashboards by joining multiple complex tables.
- Prepared different views for Patient Registrations, Doctor Scheduling and Lab Tracking.
- Generated dashboard for Billing and Deposit Systems
- Provided security and user roles for all the users of the various modules
- Used filters, quick filters, sets, parameters and calculated fields on Power BI reports.
- Delivered on-demand reports in multiple rendering formats with standard and data driven subscriptions. Dashboard Reports developed in this project.
- The Sales and Marketing Sample dashboard and report for a fictitious manufacturing company. This dashboard was created for Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to keep an eye on the industry and his company’s market share, product volume, sales, and sentiment. Confidential has many competitors but is the market leader in its industry. The CMO wanted to increase market share and discover growth opportunities.
- The IT Spend Analysis (dashboard, report, and dataset) analyze the planned vs. actual costs of an IT department. This comparison helps us understand how well the company planned for the year and investigate areas with huge deviations from the plan. The company in this example goes through a yearly planning cycle, and then quarterly it produces a new Latest Estimate (LE) to help analyze changes in IT spend over the fiscal year.
Power BI Developer
- Translated the business requirements into workable functional and non-functional requirements at detailed production level using Workflow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Use Case Modeling.
- Utilized Power BI (Power Pivot/View) to design multiple scorecards and dashboards to display information required by different departments and upper level management.
- Created reports utilizing SSRS, Excel services, Power BI and deployed them on SharePoint Server as per business requirements.
- Designed complex data intensive reports in Power BI utilizing various graph features such as gauge, funnel, line better business analysis
- Optimized report performance with caches and snapshots.
- Proactively resolve issues to drive quality and system performance improvements across the application
- Participate in cross-team information sharing resources and work to identify risks early in the development process
- Implemented TFS for project version control and change management with bug tracking.
Power BI Developer
- Designed and developed Power BI graphical and visualization solutions with business requirement documents and plans for creating interactive dashboards.
- Utilized Power BI (Power View) to create various analytical dashboards that depicts critical KPIs such as legal case matter, billing hours and case proceedings along with slicers and dicers enabling end-user to make filters.
- Generated ad-hoc reports in Excel Power Pivot and sheared them using Power BI to the decision makers for strategic planning.
- Utilized Power Query in Power BI to Pivot and Un-pivot the data model for data cleansing and data massaging.
- Implemented several DAX functions for various fact calculations for efficient data visualization in Power BI.
- Utilized Power BI gateway to keep dashboards and reports up to-date with on premise data sources.
- Migrated enterprise database to Microsoft Azure with Redgate and azure data factory.
- Helped to develop backup and recovery strategy for databases on virtualization platform utilizing Microsoft Azure.
- Perform thorough unit testing on all relevant platforms to ensure proper implementation.