- 20+ years IT experience designing innovative strategies and business plans covering a broad spectrum of highly complex and high - volume information systems, modern technical tools, and sophisticated networks.
- 15+ years experience managing multi-million dollar budgets and empowering and mentoring talented teams of 90+ people by promoting productivity and a positive work environment. Encourages open communications and inspires new ideas for advancing key initiatives.
- 5 years of experience transforming and managing private & public cloud environments for global operations.
- Serves as thought leader and visionary to identify business needs, assess challenges, and curate enterprise-wide technical solutions that mitigate risks, optimize performances, and improve service delivery.
- Performs well in high-pressure, fast-paced situations with patience, focus, and consummate professionalism.
- Interpersonal and collaborate communicator who translates complex concepts for non-technical audiences.
- Technically proficient in Azure and AWS Cloud, Cassandra, VMWare, Windows Server, RHEL, F5, Cisco, APM/NPM, ServiceNow, Microsoft System Center, Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, Netezza, MySQL, Cassandra, and SharePoint.
- Cloud Transformation
- Leadership & Development
- Quality Assurance
- Relationship Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Program Management
- Solutions Architecture
- Strategic Analysis & Planning
- Risk Management & Mitigation
- Technical Evolution
- Regulatory and Security Compliance
- Policy Design & Management
- Vendor Management
- Organizational Change Management
- Budget Planning & Administration
Software / Platforms: Amazon Web Services, Azure, Windows Server, Linux, VMware, Nutanix, Oracle Exadata, Akamai
Networking: TCP/IP, VPN, IPX/SPX, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SFTP, SMTP, SSH, iSCSI, FC/FCoE, 802.x WiFi, Firewall and Load Balancer administration (Cisco, Juniper, F5, HP, Dell, Rajant)
Infrastructure: Server Hardware/Software (Cisco, HP, Dell, IBM, SUN,, Fujitsu, Nutanix, VMWare), Storage and Backup services - SAN/NAS (EqualLogic, NetApp, EMC, Hitachi), Cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), Clustering technologies, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery, Security systems, CMDB
SENIOR TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
- Championed the restructuring of Database, Storage, ETL, Monitoring, Tibco, and Solutions Engineering teams.
- Created high performing teams of 35 cross-functional onshore and 19 offshore resources.
- Streamlined operations that drove cost savings and stability while introducing new technology and more efficient uses of current technology resulting in $1M+ savings over 2 years while delivering high availability.
- Implemented a ‘follow the sun” support approach providing production support across 10 globally dispersed data centers.
- Responsible for the strategic sourcing and vendor management of all Security, Networking, Storage and Database portfolios.
- Collaborated with legal and finance to champion a 10% reduction in annual operational overhead by negotiating pricing, restructuring contracts, and modifying licensing terms.
- Spearheaded effort that resulted in an annual $1M operational cost savings by eliminating redundancy across technical assets.
- Strategically renegotiated key networking contracts to stimulate a $4M savings.
- Modernized all infrastructure monitoring and troubleshooting tools that improved efficiency, availability and performance for Prod and Dev Ops in support of 8K+ systems with 99.97% uptime requirements.
- Exceeded 30% targets associated with decreasing production outage times and frequency though the use of ITIL, Six Sigma and Scrum methodologies.
DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY
- As the Director I identified over $10M of revenue generating opportunities through the management of government and law enforcement feasibility studies.
- Created, designed, and implemented one-of-a-kind situational awareness systems (SAS) customized to support unique business requirements specific to multiple US and non-US law enforcement entities, to include:
- NATO event level security, Military grade security and hardware protocols, prioritized and segregated/off-grid communication capabilities specific to law enforcement needs, communication affecting capabilities (i.e. jamming etc.), Facial and object recognition capabilities and revenue generating stream enhancements.
- Successfully identified and remediated security breaches in foreign police HQ video feeds as well as breach in undercover drug enforcement facility.
- Architected a full SAS system with solar powered video surveillance supporting a high-end resort in Dubai.
SENIOR DATABASE TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
- Reduced costs and improved global operations by establishing an offshore support facility in India and directly hiring 57 resources while in country.
- Architected the new standard for load balanced Global SQL Server Reporting environment.
- $30M cost savings over three years by restructuring licensing of SQL Server.
- Implemented the largest SharePoint environment in the world at its time.
- $10M+ cost savings by consolidating multiple Enterprise Class infrastructures into a shared environment.
- Dramatically reduced system failures through hardware, software, and process standardization.