- Seeking a position as a business intelligence consultant
- Well - rounded Data Engineer with 20+ years’ experience in the development of enterprise and departmental data warehouses and reporting systems.
- With a knowledge of the Microsoft BI stack that is both broad and deep in SQL Server, SSIS and C#.
- Experienced in developing a wide variety of applications including a financial reporting database for a major financial institution, the creation of an order tracking database for a large cell phone provider.
- Other projects have included data migrations and ETL processes for a truck manufacturer, web services providers, an agricultural supply company and an insurance claims provider.
Database architecture and design
Database migration and conversion
Microsoft SQL Server versions and the Parallel Data Warehouse
Complex SQL query development
Design and development work on SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, AWS and Redshift platforms
Complex query design and performance tuning on Teradata, DB2 and Netezza.
T-SQL stored procedures
Oracle stored procedures
SSIS Design and development versions
Tableau design and development
Database tuning and performance enhancement
GIT and SourceSafe version control systems
Snowflake Cloud Database
Business Intelligence Consultant
- Design of replacement of Confidential ’s existing financial data warehouse.
- Produced analysis of existing system including analysis of reports, underlying reporting objects in SAP Business Objects and data feeds used to populate current system.
- Designed replacement database and ETL (SQL Server 2019 and SSIS 2017).
- Developed specifications for web pages to be used to populate tables that were manually maintained.
- Worked on design of reporting objects to be used by Power BI.
- Set up development Job schedules in SQL Agent to run SSIS jobs.
Lead ETL Developer
- Responsible for design and coding of SSIS packages, code reviews and database maintenance procedures.
- Contributed to time estimates and tracked actuals vs. those estimates.
- Worked conversion plan to move from SQL Server 2018 to Azure cloud-based computing.
Data Steward Manager
- Managed a group of data stewards who are responsible for ensuring the quality and consistency of Confidential Care Provider Database.
- Development of scripts for daily maintenance of the Data Steward Databases.
- Overseeing and review data stewards work.
- Performing QA testing on the conversion of the Data Steward DBs from Netezza to Redshift.
- Converted existing Netezza scripts to Redshift Syntax. Performed QA tests on Redshift data to ensure the completeness and accuracy of results.
- Compared schemas between Netezza and Redshift.
- Developed Teradata stored procedures to extract data from the corporate data warehouse for use by Tableau dashboards.
- The reporting data warehouse was over 100 Terabytes. Reduced loading time from 22 hours to 3 hours.
- SQL Developer for Education Corporation of America for Confidential
- Developed tables, stored procedures and reporting dashboards to support ECA’s advising and enrollment staff.
- The database platform was SQL Server 2012 and the dashboards were done in Tableau. Created Tableau tabs with multiple report objects.
- Worked with project manager and end users to validate the dashboards.
- Database Architect at Confidential /Basset for Confidential
- Developed a data transfer database and SSIS ETL packages to replace an existing Tandem based system that produced extracts claim data for Confidential ’s customers.
- Data was copied to an ODS database on a SQL Server Parallel Data Warehouse in the Azure cloud. Supervised one junior ETL developer.
- Responsible for gap analysis, data mapping and conversion documentation as well as SSIS package design and developer supervision.
- The claims database was approximately 20 terabytes in size.
- Developed SSIS packages for data transfer from SharePoint to AWS\Impala and DB2 to a SQL Server database.
- Helped plan migration strategy from a Postgres data warehouse to a Hadoop/Hive replacement.
- Created a financial reporting and inventory management DataMart for internal auditors using SSIS and C#.
- Developed Redshift update scripts to maintain SQL Server database from AWS Redshift datastore.
- Designed, developed and deployed three separate ETL systems in SSIS using SQL Server 2012 and a source to extract account, customer and address information from Confidential, an option trading platform purchased by Confidential .
- Documented business definitions for all tables and columns included in the migration.
- Developed an administrative module in C# to create export record sets to be sent to Confidential