- Detail - oriented, dedicated, and highly qualified HSE Trainer/Manager with expertise in overseeing the health, safety, and environmental aspects of industrial operations. Consistently revered by superiors for outstanding job performance and attention to detail. Solid analytical, communication, problem solving, and critical thinking skills. Currently seeking a Safety & Health/Environmental Specialist position which will effectively utilize all acquired skills, abilities
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Health & Environmental
- Project Management
- Staff Training/Supervision
- Safety Advising
- Incident Reporting
- Safety Consulting
- Risk Assessment/Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- Employee Training
- Process Improvement
- Workplace Safety/OSHA
- System Testing
- Accident Investigation
- Technical Support
Environment: Safety and Health Auditor
- Reviewed the overall operations of the businesses, selected and managed an audit team
- Examine and maintain functionality of IT control, Application and Infrastructure
- Received, initiated, and investigated, customers' complaints which increased customer awareness, and satisfaction.
- Ensures consistently high-quality audit reports that are insightful, accurate, concise and delivered on a timely basis
- Developed final audit reports and discussed findings and recommendations with clients.
- Develops audit tools, assist with continual improvement of compliance standards and key controls, and assist with development and implementation of compliance assurance strategies
- Effectively communicated and resolved residential and business customer concerns in a confidential manner
- Performed daily postal vehicle safety inspection and reported safety and maintenance concerns in writing
- Gathered data through questionnaires, on-site inspections, document reviews and interviews.
- Presented environmental management plan to directors and management.
- Performed follow up actions to ensure that the corrective and preventive actions in audit findings have been addressed.
Environment: al Safety and Health Specialist
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Investigate accidents to identify causes and to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
- Order suspension of activities that pose threats to workers' health and safety.
- Investigate the adequacy of ventilation; exhaust equipment, lighting, and other conditions that could affect employee health, comfort, or performance.
- Conduct safety training and education programs and demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
- Provide new-employee health and safety orientations and develop materials for these presentations.
- Coordinate 'right-to-know' programs regarding hazardous chemicals and other substances.
- Established and implemented new safety policies and employee safety handbooks toward fulfillment of corporate goals
- Successfully built the Safety Committee, mainly responsible for the enforcement of safety standards, formulation of new safety precautions and procedures, and resolution of safety and health issues within the work sites
- Conceptualized Emergency Action Plans with detailed floor designs to ensure the safety of company property and employees in the event of an emergency
- Prepared and submitted monthly Corporate Safety and Health reports, documentation for all employee injuries and near misses, and Noxious Weed and Invasive plant control plans
- Improved company’s corporate safety compliance rating from 0% to 80% within seven months
- Commended for maintaining zero lost time incidents for employees.
- Develop and deliver classroom training content and provided EHS training/coaching for management/staff.
Environment: al Health and Safety Technician
- Evaluated situations where a worker has refused to work on the grounds that danger or potential harm exists and determine how such situations should be handled.
- Maintained all required environmental records and documentation.
- Conducted fire drills and inspected fire suppression systems and portable fire systems to ensure that they are in working order.
- Reviewed records or reports concerning laboratory results, staffing, floor plans, fire inspections, and sanitation to gather information for the development or enforcement of safety activities.
- Planned emergency response drills.
- Maintained logbooks of daily activities, including areas visited or activities performed.
- Supplied, operated, or maintained personal protective equipment.
- Ensured compliance with federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to environmental, health and safety.
- Planned, implemented and managed safety/environmental policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Planned, implemented and managed programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, for example, but not limited fire prevention, fall protection and manual material handling.
- Trained staff on appropriate way of handle compound medication and taking requisite precautionary and safety measures
- Issued warnings to staff members and provided guidance on using hazardous materials and performing risky operations.
- Investigated accidents, if any, and identified root cause of the accident.