- Data Scientist with strong background in mathematics and proven record of constructing and implementing machine learning models that have significant business impact.
- Hands - on experience in analyzing very large multidimensional structure and unstructured data sets.
- Extensive experience in Big Data Analytics, Predictive and Prescriptive analytics including multivariate analysis, statistical modeling, forecasting and time series analysis.
- Solid skills of utilizing Python, SQL, and R for data exploration and building models.
- Proficient in building machine leaning and deep learning models end-to-end using Decision Tree, Random Forest, GBM, XGBoost, SVM/SVR, KNN, and neural networks.
- Possess a comprehensive background in qualitative and quantitative research methods with ability to creative thinking at the intersection of data science, big data, and the social sciences. Have excellent communication and interpersonal influencing skills and the ability to communicate complex concepts effectively in verbal and written English.
Languages: Python, SQL, R
ML/DL frameworks: Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, Statesmodel
ML Packages: k nearest neighbors, Decision Trees, Bayesian Classifier, Discrimination Analysis, Support Vector Machine, Random Forest, XGBoost, GBM, Association Rule Mining, NLTK
Data Analysis Tool: NumPy, Pandas, SciPy. SymPy
Visualization Tools: Matplotlib, seaborn, ggplot2, Power BI, tableau
Big data ecosystem: PySpark, HIVE, IMPALA, Hadoop
Databases: HDFS, Data Warehousing, Data Mart, and familiar with snowflake
Tools: JIRA, HP ALM & AUTOSYS and familiar with ETL tools such as Talend and Informatica
Methodologies: Agile, SCRUM, SDLC, STLC
Quality Engineering: Software testing
Core competencies: Predictive Analytics, Multivariate Analysis, Time series and forecasting analysis
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Utilize cutting edge big data technologies such as Unix/Linux, Python, HDFS, HIVE and shell scripting to address business problems
- Build predictive machine learning models using Random Forest, GBM, XGBoost, SVM and KNN for monitoring electronic fund transactions
- Data Integration and Data Conversion
- Create Tokenization to mask customer information that is associated with transactions
- Unit and systems testing and validation (using Unix, hp alm and autosys)
- Skill enhancement trainings and hands-on on informatica power center, Unix/ Linux, python, hdfs, hive and shell scripting
- Practicing with Talend, Informatica, PIG, Scala, Spark and REST APIs
Confidential, Lubbock, TX
Graduate Research Assistant
- Collecting, cleaning, labeling and conceptualizing large data sets
- Analyze the datasets and validated with data mining tools to ensure the data quality
- Performing exploratory data analysis using Python and R from complex & high-dimensional data sets
- Building supervised and unsupervised machine learning models using Python and R
- Evaluated the model performance using different metrics
- Performed extensive k-fold cross validation to avoid model overfitting and underfitting
- Create data visualizations using Power Bi, Matplotlib, Seaborn and ggplot2 to communicate quantitative results enabling data-driven program decisions.
Confidential, Dallas/ Fort Worth, TX
Big Data and Quality Engineer
- Trained to understand and analyze the basics of Big Data and Hadoop technologies
- Awarded entry into a half-time, 6-week professional development program provided and funded by Confidential Technology Solutions as a pipeline into Quality Engineering
- Hands on SDLC and STLC, DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Trained to understand/ analyze the requirements and types of software testing and the application of Junit and selenium through hands-on classroom activities, case studies, and group projects
- Awarded entry into a full-time, 12-week professional development program provided and funded by Confidential Technology Solutions as a pipeline into Data Engineering
Consultant/ Cultural Adviser
- Provided telephonic translation and interpretation services to various clients.
- Liaised with international clients and stakeholders across diverse audiences of language and culture.
Confidential, Fayetteville, NC
Linguist and Cultural Advisor
- Provided interpretation, translation and cultural advisory support to assigned Task Force Units in an austere and operationally dynamic environment.
- Adhered to strict regulation during day-to-day operations; escalated issues within assigned region to senior leadership as needed.
- Planned, designed and led socio-cultural researches using quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Conducted project assessment and evaluations; provided insights on the local population.
Confidential, Fort Leaven Worth, KS
Consultant - Senior Social Scientist
- Gained exposure to consulting & client relationship management in a data-driven field
- Planned and designed research projects and provided a framework for data collection and analysis.
- Defined the research objectives, determined the feasibility of the research, formulated research questions, analyzed knowledge gaps, selected data collection & analysis methods