- Around 7 1/2 years of experience in Data Analysis, Design and Modeling across various industries, clients and geographies.
- Proficient in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and Database design for Online Transactional Processing (OLTP) and Online Analytical Processing (OLAP).
- Experience in Requirement gathering, system analysis, handling business and technical issues and communicating with both business and technical users.
- Experienced Data Modeler with strong conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Modeling skills, Maintaining Data Quality, Creating data mapping documents and writing functional specifications and queries
- Experience in designing Star Schema, Snowflake Schema for Data Warehouse and ODS architecture.
- Well versed in Normalization/DeNormalization techniques for optimum performance in relational and dimensional database environments.
- Experience in Relational Data Modeling (3NF) and Dimensional Data Modeling.
- Experience in Development, support and Maintenance for the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes and writing SQL Queries to perform end - to-end ETL validations and support ad-hoc business requests.
- Experienced in Data Analysis, Mapping Source and target systems for data migration efforts and resolving issues related to data migration.
- Experience in creating Triggers, Tables, Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, Indexes and Constraints in T-SQL.
- Excellent knowledge of Bill Inmon and Ralph Kimball methodologies to design databases with good knowledge on Logical Application Design and Physical implementation for database application.
- Experienced in extracting, transforming and loading(ETL) from spreadsheets, database tables and other sources using Micro
- Experience analyzing database performance with SQL profiler and Optimizing Indexes to significantly improve performance.
- Extensive experience using Data modeling tools like Erwin, Power Designer and Microsoft Visio.
- Experience in Data Loading using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages and developing dashboard reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Logical and Physical designing like tables, Constraints and Index ER Studio and SQL Modeler.
- Experienced in management and implementation of database models, dataflow diagrams, database schemas and scripts to support a robust data management infrastructure.
- Excellent team player to work in conjunction with Business Analysts, support teams, subject matter experts, database administrators, ETL team and database developers.
ER studio, MS Access, Star: Schema, Snowflake Schema modeling, FACT and Dimension Tables, Ontology Modeling.
Operating Systems: Windows 10/2007/XP/2003 and LINUX.
BI Tools: SQL Server Reporting Tools, Tableau, Tibco Spotfire.
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Informatica, DataStage, Ab Initio.
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SSIS, SSAS, SQL Server Profiler, TOAD, SQL Developer, Teradata SQL Assistant
SQL, TSQL, PL: SQL, HTML, XML, Python.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Gather the requirements from end users and analyze them to find the better approach to design the Data Model(Dimensional or ER Data Model).
- Analyzing the data related to project to find out the data statistics, cardinalities and any other information pertaining the data in question.
- Discussing the analyzed data with the Solution Architect and the whole team to find the best possible way to design and implement the data model in targeted environment.
- Run SQL queries in the source database environment in the process of analyzing the data and share the findings with the business team.
- Creation of Conceptual and Logical Model and review it with the Data architect and the business users.
- Use ERStudio or Erwin to create a schema for different use cases according to the requirements provided.
- Conduct gap analysis to compare the present performance of the data warehouse with the desired performance.
- Create OLTP model and OLAP cubes for appropriate use cases.
- Transform the logical model into Physical data model and develop tables accordingly.
- Develop Source to Target mapping document for the ETL developers for easy transition of data from old to the new schema.
- Validating the implementation of the requirements provided in the business requirement document into the data model.
- Prepare the data model diagram and list of reports and use cases achieved through the Data Model.
- Design the Stored procedures and triggers for the reporting needs of the business users.
- Familiarizing the business terms and rules according the business domain to be developed like Finance, Services, HR and Sales.
- Analyzing the XML, SQL and Python code to find any missing or inconsistent data or attributes, entities and field names.
Environment: ERStudio, Erwin, Teradata SQL Assistant, Palantir Foundry(Cloud Database platform), SSMS, SQL Developer, Oracle BI Client, MS Visio, MS Excel, JIRA, Confluence, XML, SQL.
Senior Data Modeler/Analyst
Confidential, Aurora, IL
- Requirements analysis, design and development of new Tableau projects and enhancements of existing projects for several business units.
- Create Weekly Data Quality Reports which includes Data Extraction, Business Rules Generation, Compiling and Building Report and Trouble Shooting if any Issues.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications following SQL code standards.
- Involved in architecting, designing, modelling, developing, maintaining and deploying complex data models and data integrations utilizing SQL server (SSIS) based ETL processes for new and existing systems.
- Designed ER diagrams, logical model (relationship, cardinality, attributes, and, candidate keys) and physical data models (capacity planning, object creation and aggregation strategies) as per business requirements.
- Involved in documentation of Data Modeler/Data Analyst and ETL specifications for Data warehousing.
- Coordinated new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
- Worked on document test cases, perform testing, and document test findings.
- Database level Update for any change to Domain values used in SQL Rules, Update the tables.
- Working on New -Attributes addition and creation mapping documents.
- Understand data, data relationships, and identity data gaps.
- Worked on scale business intelligence and data warehousing systems.
- Worked on Agile Development methodologies.
- Created and maintained Logical Data Model (LDM) for the project includes documentation of all entities, attributes, data relationships, primary and foreign key structures, allowed values, codes, business rules, glossary terms, etc.
- Analysis of functional and non-functional categorized data elements for data profiling and mapping from source to target data environment.
- Involved in OLAP model based on Dimension and FACTS for efficient loads of data based on Star Schema structure on levels of reports using multi-dimensional models such as Star Schemas and Snow Flake Schema for developing Cubes using MDM.
- Used forward engineering to create a Physical Data Model with DDL that best suits the requirements from the Logical Data Model.
- Developed ETL processes to extract data daily from Mainframe DB2 and ORACLE Databases, and loaded data into a SSIS based Decision Support Warehouse.
- Performed Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle to MS SQL Server by using SSIS services.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation by writing several complex SQL queries and Involved in back-end testing and worked with data quality issues.
- Created PL/SQL Tables, Collections, and Records, Partitions and Used Dynamic SQL and triggers for faster data access and to in corporate business logic.
Environment: Erwin9.6, SQL Server Management Studio- 2008/2012/2014, MS-Visio, MS-Excel, MS-Power Point.
Senior Data Modeler/Analyst
Confidential, Peoria, IL
- Worked with Business Analysts team in requirements gathering and in preparing functional specifications and translating them to technical specifications.
- Extensively involved in developing logical and physical data models that fit in exactly for the current state and the future state data elements and data flows using Erwin.
- Documenting business names and descriptions for tables and columns, relationships among datasets and data types, business rules and domains used ER/Studio.
- Using Kettle Scripting/ Pentaho processed data from one table and replaced some values, filtered some values and syncing two data sources.
- Utilized SQL Server to deliver work and fix production issues on time in fast paced environment.
- Defined the key columns for the Dimension and Fact tables of both the Warehouse and Data Mart.
- Interacted with the End users frequently and transferred the knowledge to them.
- Conducted and participated JAD sessions with the Project managers, Business Analysis Team, Finance and Development teams to gather, analyze and document the Business and reporting requirements.
- Worked on the Snow-flaking the Dimensions to remove redundancy.
- Conduct Design discussions and meetings to come out with the appropriate Data Mart at the lowest level of grain for each of the Dimensions involved.
- Designed a STAR schema for the detailed data marts and Plan data marts involving shared dimensions.
- Created and maintained Logical Data Model (LDM) for the project. Includes documentation of all entities, attributes, data relationships, primary and foreign key structures, allowed values, codes, business rules, glossary terms, etc.
- Worked with data owners/stewards to ensure awareness of data quality standards and monitoring requirements.
- Performed Data Profiling to assess the risk involved in integrating data for new applications, including the challenges of joins and to track data quality.
- Validated and updated the appropriate LDM’s to process mappings, screen designs, use cases, business object model, and system object model as they evolve and change.
- Conduct Design reviews with the business analysts and content developers to create a proof of concept for the reports.
- Worked with data mapping from source to target and data profiling to maintain the consistency of the data.
- Prepared documentation for all entities, attributes, data relationships, primary and foreign key structures, allowed values, codes, business rules, and glossary evolve and change during the project.
Environment: Erwin 9.2, Oracle 10g, Microsoft Excel, MS Word, Power Point, TOAD, and SQL developer for Oracle.
Confidential, DeKalb, IL
- Gathered requirements, analyzed and wrote the design documents.
- Performed data profiling in the source systems that are required for Dual Medicare Medicaid Datamart.
- Document the complete process flow to describe program development, logic, testing, and implementation, application integration, coding.
- Worked with project team representatives to ensure that logical and physical ER/Studio data models were developed in line with corporate standards and guidelines
- Involved in defining the source to target data mappings, business rules, business and data definitions.
- Responsible for defining the key identifiers for each mapping/interface.
- Responsible for defining the functional requirement documents for each source to target interface.
- Document, clarify, and communicate requests for change requests with the requestor and coordinate with the development and testing team.
- Worked on identifying Facts from Existing relational Models and sub Models.
- Worked on identifying Dimension tables from the existing models of data marts.
- Using ER Studio had designed the data mart using the Ralph Kimball’s Dimensional Data Mart modeling methodology.
- Designed and implemented data integration modules for Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) functions.
- Involved in data warehouse and Data mart design.
- Experience with various ETL, data warehousing tools and concepts.
- Performed daily data queries and prepared reports on daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Used advanced Excel functions to generate spreadsheets and pivot tables.
- Worked with the users to do the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Created Technical specifications documents based on the functional design document for the ETL coding to build the data mart.
- Extensively involved in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL process) from Source to target systems.
- Wrote SQL queries for custom reports.
- Worked on daily basis with lead Data Warehouse developers to evaluate impact on current implementation, redesign of all ETL logic.
Environment: ER Studio, SQL/Server, Oracle10&11g, MS-Office, ETL (Extract, Transform, Load), ER Studio, XML, PowerPoint, MS Visio and MS Outlook.
Confidential, Stamford, CT
- Involved in Business and Data analysis during requirements gathering.
- Assisted in creating fact and dimension table implementation in Star Schema model based on requirements.
- Performed Data analysis for the existing Data warehouse and changed the internal schema for performance.
- Analyzed user requirements & worked with data modelers to identify entities and relationship for data modeling.
- Developed SQL queries for Extracting data from production database and built data structures and reports.
- Used MS Visio for business flow diagrams and defined the workflow.
- Used and supported database applications and tools for extraction, transformation and analysis of raw data.
- Understood business processes, data entities, data producers, and data dependencies.
- Developed and programmed test scripts to identify and manage data inconsistencies and testing of ETL processes.
- Worked with data investigation, discovery and mapping tools to scan every single data record from many sources.
- Used the MS Excel, MS Access for data pulls and ad hoc reports for analysis.
- Created SQL scripts to find data quality issues and to identify keys, data anomalies, and data validation issues.
- Developed complex T-SQL code such as Stored Procedures, functions, triggers, Indexes, and views for the business application.
- Involved in complete SSIS life cycle in creating SSIS packages, building, deploying and executing the packages all environments. (QA, Development and Production)
- Developed reports for users in different departments in the organization using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Documented the complete process flow to describe program development, logic, testing, and implementation, application integration, coding.
- Performed in depth analysis of data & prepared weekly, biweekly, monthly reports by using MS Excel, MS Access and SQL.
- Actively participated in the design of data model like conceptual, logical models using Erwin.
Environment: Erwin 8.0, MS Excel, MS Access, T-SQL, MS SQL 2008, Excel, SSIS, SSRS, MS Visio.
- Worked with business users to gather requirements and create a data flow, process flows, and functional specification documents and created Conceptual, Logical and Physical data models using Erwin.
- Designed both 3NF data models for ODS, OLTP systems and dimensional data models using star and snowflake Schemas.
- Used forward engineering in Erwin to create databases scripts for OLAP model.
- Worked with business to identify the distinct data elements in each report to determine the number of reports needed to satisfy all reporting requirements.
- Worked on integrating data from heterogeneous sources like Oracle, flat files, and XML files.
- Developed the design & process flow to ensure that the process is repeatable.
- Successfully created and managed a conversion testing effort which included a data quality review, two system test cycles, and user acceptance testing.
- Used Expert level understanding of different databases in combinations for Data extraction and loading, joining data extracted from different databases and loading to a specific database.
- Staging and Target Schema Model Designed and Deployed DDL in Oracle Database.
- Created and reviewed the conceptual model for the EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) with business user.
Environment: Erwin 7.0, Oracle 11g, MS-Office, SQL Loader, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2008/2012.