- IT Project Management Professional with over 9 years of experience managing complex IT and organizational change management projects within federal agencies.
- I managed the schedule for rolling wave releases of a SaaS cloud CRM and case management system, which required deep agile orchestration (and integrated scheduling) between the GPMO and SI teams.
- Also at the IRS, while serving as a scrum master, I managed the Master backlog and grooming for the IRS Master File upgrades.
- In between my IRS engagements, I was a Master Scheduler for VA’s mobile app development program and for the rollout of the Cerner EHR system to the department of Veterans Affairs nationally.
- I am proficient in Microsoft Project as well as Agile management tools such as JIRA, IBM’s RTC, and collaborative platforms such as SharePoint, Teams, and Slack.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Developing and managing Detailed Project schedules using MS Project
Developing Custom Macros and reports
Project Schedule management
Project Scope Management
Agile (Scrum) Management
Process Engineering and Optimization
Enterprise Architecture and tRANSFORMION
Proposals Technical Editor/Advisor
- Collaborating effectively with capture managers and capture team leaders for successful proposal development
- Work with Product Management and other business partners (e.g. Performance, Legal, Compliance) to prepare detailed proposal content (including Executive Summary, Cover Letter, Responses to Questions (text and/or data), Appendices and Attachments) that supports the agreed strategy
- Provide editing assistance to technical writers
- Participating in storyboard development efforts, wall walks and writing reviews (including kickoff and events) to weave clear win themes and discriminators throughout the proposal
- Conducting detailed reviews of RFPs
- Developing WBS/dictionary in alignment with contract BOEs
Management Consultant Master Scheduler Lead
- Prioritizing product requirements and set realistic expectations regarding development and timeline
- Writing User Stories based on the requirements gathered from stakeholders
- Identifying failures and successes of a product, then using them as a springboard for future development goals.
- Organizing and facilitating Agile and Scrum meetings, which included Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums or Standups, Sprint Check - In, Sprint Review & Retrospective.
- Reporting progress to all stakeholders through Sprint Burn-Down Reports, Iteration Burn-Down Reports, and velocity target updates.
- Working with federal stakeholders to build out rolling wave release schedules for their COTs implementation effort
- Delivering project needs on time and within the agreed acceptance criteria in a hybrid environment as they attempted to transition to an Agile Methodology.
- Working with various subject matter experts (SMEs) to determine the long-term release strategy
- Facilitating working sessions and other meetings to solicit activities for the schedule and identify project risks
- Working with teams and users to modernize IRS business processes from current to target state
- Working with stakeholders to identify key system capabilities and then decomposing those capabilities and features into Epics and User Stories
- Managing the risk register and developing weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reports to executives as well as facilitating meetings with management and relevant stakeholders
- Interacting with other teams to determine cross-initiative dependencies in order to align on work and dates
- Working with accounting and finance to determine project budget and then controlling the budget to ensure profitability
Project Manager (Scheduling Lead)/ Scrum Master
- Developed and conducted Scrum ceremonies, including Sprint Planning, daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives
- Performed continuous and active backlog grooming/refinement
- Calculated ongoing team capacity and velocity
- Lead working session meetings to discuss scope, schedule and requirements with product owners
- Oversaw and managed the implementation of various agile techniques such as Automated Testing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevOps
- Managed the product quality, releases and delivery
- Worked with stakeholders to accurately report progress, risks, successes, and failures
- Mentored development teams toward core Scrum principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Managed resources and sprint schedules using MS Project
- Conducted weekly schedule meetings to review critical path, dependencies, constraints, and upcoming milestones
- Determined cross project dependencies and ensuring that schedule logic is indicative of said dependencies
- Analyzed critical path and communicating shifts to relevant stakeholders
- Analyzed project risk, specifically those relevant to the schedule and resource over-allocations
- Executed continuous schedule health check based on the DCMA 14-point analysis
- Documented business processes, identifyedg opportunities for improvement in existing processes, and developed new processes to better drive team efficiency and productivity
Project Specialist-Scheduling SME
- Collaborated/Lead weekly schedule reviews with Integrated Product Team (IPT) Leads, Program Managers, and other program personnel
- Generated various reports as needed by management
- Tracked and monitored major external dependencies that has the potential to cause schedule slips
- Created, enforced and enhanced business and organizational cadences
- Developed contingency plans and or alternative approach for planned work based on variations in external dependencies
- Identified and assisted in establishing prioritization for skills
- Developed and collaborated with various IT and Business management to maintain proper documentation of business rules for SOPs and related documentation
Master Scheduler & Risk Lead
- Developed and socialized the program level risk and schedule management plans which informed the team on risk identification/escalation processes as well as the schedule updating cadence
- Organized, conducted, and performed system risk assessment and gap analysis
- Facilitated the development of mitigation plans and related action items per risk/issue
- Collected risk data and generated metrics to show trends in risk mitigation efficiency
- Prepared reports and coordinated Monthly and Quarterly MAP Risk Meeting
- Established Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs) based on inputs from project lead and component managers
- Consulted with Operations and IT on test scenarios and results for business process changes made by IT
- Develop Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) based on project scope and contract requirements
- Participated in user acceptance testing and QA testing of new system functionality
Project Management Consultant
- Generated MS Project schedules for the development of components and subsystems.
- Prepared Monthly Internal Project/Program Reviews-critical path analysis, schedule variance, project look ahead reports, impact analysis, etc.
- Coordinated and consolidated inputs to ensure all detailed work plans are consistent with and included in the Integrated Master Schedule
- Troubleshot and monitor potential scheduling risk/problems
- Provided input and recommendations to project managers and senior management regarding scheduling conflicts/changes
- Identified major milestones, decision points, project life-cycle and other project events in the program and portray them in the schedule
- Provided planning assistance to program managers as needed.
- Utilized various macros to analyses schedule health, ensuring the schedule is maintained according to best practice
- Organized, implemented and maintained scheduling management system supporting the MD HIX GUI identified projects and their plans
- Identified and documented project dependencies, effort, duration, resources, and critical path between different phases of project life cycle
- Analyzed critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend work- around
- Logged project time-lines and maintain tasks and its status using MS 2010Interacted with project team and task managers to define scope of work in order to update schedules, cost information and identify variances from original plan
- Evaluated MD HIX project schedules to determine the progress and perform any gap or impact analysis as a result of any deviation from the original plan or baseline
- Developed progress report, slippage / variance report, three weeks look ahead report etc. for the weekly status update to keep senior management and stakeholders informed on the project progress
- Offered suggestions and recommendations on slippages to Project Managers on how to put the project back on track by conducting some analysis to see which tasks are on the critical path and those that have some free float or slack.