To serve as a computer consultant, systems analyst, trainer, and developer using my experience and skills in business and with business applications, Visual Studio.NET, SQL Server, .Net MVC, MS Office, MS Access databases, and other software products.
My skill sets include: Business Process Analysis, Computer Application Design and Programming.
Independent Business and Computer Consultant
- I assist clients with planning to ensure that their usage of computers is in alignment with their business plans.
- Services performed include Systems Analysis, Software Selection, Software Development and Implementation, Training, and Systems Integration, Detailed Documentation.
- Runs on an MS Windows Web Server.
- Allows user to enter trading parameters.
- The system interacts with the stock brokerage firm and automatically issues trading orders.
- It keeps track of trades made and the amounts won or lost on each trade.
- The system was developed using C#.Net with a Model/View/Controller platform and MS Sql Server database at the web server.
- Complex mathematical model using differential equations to predict remaining life of reformer tubes based upon operating parameters. Visual Studio.Net, MS Sql Server, MS Excel for detailed reporting and diagramming.
- Systems evaluation and selection of ERP system for Valve Manufacturer.
- Process analysis, Requirements Document, Request for Quotation from ERP Vendors. After selection, customizing of the package to meet specific client requirements.
- Custom Web Application - MySql and PHP platform. Allows clients to download specific
- Industry reports that are keyed to client access level. Management tools for uploading reports, managing client access levels, managing administration of the site.
- Systems Analyst and Developer Pipeline company.
- Application to extract data from ERP system for manipulation and use in pipeline utilization modeling tools. Created forms for selection and modification of complex contract data.
- Prepared requirements documents and capital investment request.
- Designed and developed the system.
- Implemented in MS SQL Server, ASP.net and VB.Net
- Determination of system requirements.
- Requests for proposals from software vendors; selection of package.
- Implemented the system, modified forms and reports, and trained users.
- Custom Map Viewing program - VB.Net for desktop and ASP.Net for Web
- 6/08 to present. Refactoring VB 6.0 system. Upgraded from MS Access to SQL Server. Redesigned UI and database.
- Custom Quotation, Order Entry, Invoicing System MS Access
- 5/2008 to present. Maintenance of existing system. Design & program new forms & reports.
- Custom Video Capture application VB.Net with MS Access database.
- 2006. Design, programming and implementation. Ongoing project.
- Custom Data Capture Application with automated interface to QuickBooks
- Ongoing support. Database design & programming. VBA, MS Access, Quickbooks SDK
- Custom Natural Gas Liquids Accounting Package - MS Access Upgrade & Document
- Client had no Access expertise on staff.
- Custom Project Estimator for sheet metal manufacturing company
- VB.net with MS Access database
Director, Computer Systems
- I managed all information systems activities for a company which grew from 36 employees to 90 employees.
- The support included multiple file and database servers, a mail server, 3 web servers, and a global virtual private network.
- In addition to my management functions I spent 70% of my daily time as a systems analyst and developer.
- Our primary applications were SQL Server and MS Access databases interfacing with the web site and very complex custom Excel Supply/Demand and Econometric models for the petrochemical industry.
- These applications were up-sized from Quattro Pro spreadsheets and FoxPro databases.
- Then the applications were substantially upgraded in functionality and performance.
Independent Business and Computer Consultant
- A complex general accounting and job costing package for a small electrical contracting firm.
- Total computer server/network solutions for several small business clients.
- Several conversions of workbooks and macros from Lotus 1-2-3 and Quattro Pro to MS Excel.
- Performed several training sessions in Microsoft products, including MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Acess, and MS Word.
- We were a full service export packing firm for which I had total bottom line responsibility.
- The staff was 65 people.
- I supervised the computerization of all the clerical processes.
- The new system managed client procurement and shipping projects and produced all required export documentation.