- To obtain a position within a team of professionals where my skills and education will be utilized and my contribution to the goals and vision of the organization will be acknowledged.
- Maintaining systems to protect data from unauthorized users (identifies, investigates, reports and resolves security violations/incidents)
- Assessing and documenting risk pertaining to technology implementations, deviations from established controls, changes to information systems and identified vulnerabilities
- Participating actively in Cyber Security Incident Response and Recovery, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery, and security - related innovations and implementations
- Verifying patch management reports and other third-party security clams (drives remediation and risk analysis)
- Applying current knowledge of privacy and data protection trends and to issues and other opportunities for improvement
- Responsible for Risk monitoring system; analyzing data from many sources (Quality, Regulatory, Manufacturing, etc.) and quantify potential impact to the Company’s risk profile
- Developing, executing, enforcing and monitoring policies and standards across the org to ensure the mitigation of risk
- Leading regular assessments of product security posture to prevent fraud and cyber-crime
- Coordinated closely with Cybersecurity Engineering and other IT and business stakeholders to help prioritize and close controls gaps and reduce enterprise risk
- Resolved and remediated security issues and/or vulnerabilities. Ensured compliance to audit, regulatory, and legal requirements. Built and maintained effective relationships with peers and internal business partners, and external vendors, provided oversight for team direction, tactical responsibilities, and effective controls
- Developed, implemented, administered and enhanced the KYC/BSA/AML/OFAC/USA Patriot Act monitoring systems to ensure that appropriate parameters are in place to identify suspicious and/or fraudulent activity
- Identified, evaluated, and remediated potential vulnerabilities, and develops cyber solutions, internal processes, and standards for threat intelligence workflow
- Contained potential breaches, conducted digital forensics, and submitted an independent, classified incident review to senior leadership
- Established and maintained appropriate SAR investigation, reviews and reports processes that promote consistent decisions, adequate investigation and research; and completes detailed documentation
- Conducted BSA/AML/OFAC risk assessments at least annually with consideration to products, services, members and geographies that may present BSA/AML/OFAC related risks
- Acted as a liaison/contact for examinations, internal audit and external audits of the BSA/AML compliance programs, responding to exams and audit concerns and oversees corrective action of all related compliance deficiencies
- Composed, reviewed and files Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and conducted follow-up reviews to determine if subsequent SAR filings are required.
Sr. AML/KYC Risk Analyst
- Risk Rating generation and ability to independently apply enhanced analysis skills in order to provide an informed AML KYC recommendation to the Line of Business relating to customer risk
- Build new client risk profiles with a holistic AML viewpoint.
- Conduct name screening and adverse media adjudications with World Check and Bridger.
- Screen customer and role player names against designated Watch Lists to identify any potential sanctions or Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs)
- Conducts full review of the files for a select segment of clients, ensuring that appropriate documentation is received and that each customer profile is update with applicable information timely fashion.
- Update existing client KYC risk profiles to ensure compliance with CDD requirements as well as ATLAS country risk scoring and PEP materiality guidelines.
- Coordinate with AMLRO and HRU departments to escalate clients that are high risk in nature.
- Run associated persons against OFAC sanctions list to ensure compliance with the US & Canadian sanctions lists.
- Determine coverage gaps in I&CB AML scan requests.
- Perform ad hoc testing to determine gaps in PEP Materiality
Sr. AML/KYC Analyst
- Conducted suspicious activity monitoring and identify customers which pose a risk for money laundering and terrorist financing
- Assisted in Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) and high-risk customer investigations
- Analyzed and researches relevant data and escalates/reports relevant information to the appropriate AML Financial Intelligence Unit
- Performed periodic file reviews ensuring activities are reviewed in a holistic manner across the spectrum of products and services used by the customer
- Ensured CDD is properly performed by the LE/LOB and EDD is applied in cases where warranted to mitigate AML/TF
- Investigated potentially suspicious activity, make risk-based SAR recommendation and prepare SARs
- Conducted initial reviews of new foreign correspondent banks (FCBs) and foreign non-bank financial institutions (FNBFIs)
- Compiled evidence and documentation in compliance with BSA/AML procedures and regulatory requirements
- Coordinated and perform ongoing risk assessments and compliance reviews to ensure compliance policies and risk controls are operating appropriately
- Performed initial assessment of customers escalated as high risk
- Analyzed system generated and manually created alerts for potential suspicious activity to ensure the accurate filing of SARs
- Reviewed and obtain complete information to accurately report CTRs for BMO Harris Bank
- Ensured CTR exemption reviews are completed in compliance with BSA/AML regulatory standards