- Senior BI Architect specializing in SAP Business Warehouse
- SAP BW Functional and Technical consultant with 20+ years’ experience in data warehousing in multiple functional areas
- Undergone complete life cycle Implementation of BW which includes Data - Modeling, Data Extraction, Generic Extraction, Data Loading, Scheduling, Monitoring, Info-cubes, Infosource, LO Cockpit, Multi Provider, Hybrid Provider, Composite Provider, ADSO/DSO, Lumira, Analysis for Excel, Webi, Crystal Enterprise, APD, DB Connect, Process Chains, Infosets, WAD, Enterprise Portal, Transports, ABAP, Design Studio, etc.
- Built and implemented complex security role-based model tailored to client requirements; responsible for subsequent SAP security audits.
- Recommended and implemented cost saving tools and processes.
- Worked extensively on requirements gathering, modeling, development, and data validation.
- Handled multiple projects efficiently at the same time.
- Quick learner with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent Communication skills and ability to work in teams as well as an individual.
Decision Support tool: Analysis for Excel, Lumira, Business Objects (Webi), Crystal Reports, Design Studio, BEx Analyzer, WAD
SAP BW: BW4/HANA 2, BW 7.4, 7.0, 3.5, 3.1C, 3.0B, 2.1C, 1.2B
ERP: ECC 7.0, SAP 4.7, 4.6C, 3.1, 3.0
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, ABAP/4, HTML, ASP, VB Script
RDBMS: Oracle 8i, 7.x, SQL-Server 2016, 2008, 7.0, 6.5, MS-Access
Functional areas: SD, MM (inventory & purchasing), PM, FI, PP, QM
Others: JWS, JDE, Command Series, Netweaver 2004
Senior BI Architect
- Converting most used data models from legacy BW to BW/4HANA. Using opportunity to make large improvements in functionality, consistency, and reliability through use of innovative data modelling
- Establishing SDI/SDA data flow from Oracle and SQL Server sources into BW/4HANA to benefit from near real time updates and delta load capabilities; additionally, this will improve data fidelity
- Converted all front-end reporting from BEx Analyzer and WAD to Analysis for Office and Lumira
- Created two Lumira applications for Business Objects Mobile
- Built out detailed, location-based security model to a legacy dataset which previously only had on/off security; managed all associated changes
- Worked on changes required for many completed and ongoing company acquisitions and divestitures
- Modified Lumira Generic Analysis Template to resolve some issues using it on the Portal (bookmarks and prompts). Rolled out single template document similar to a WAD template passing query technical name as a parameter at runtime
- Created Geo Mapping Lumira 2.1 application displaying delivery locations. Found ways to work around limitations within Lumira (eg. 2500 datapoint limitation) to provide a flexible solution to our users.
- Rebuilt complex WAD/Report Designer document in WEBI and rebuild a complex BI Platform 3 document in 4.2.
- Rebuilt/upgraded Design Studio documents to Lumira 2.1
- Modernized Enterprise Portal with Ajax Standards Framework Page and added corporate branding; made administration improvements around transport model
- Created Hybrid provider to support near real time tickets sales reporting solution
- Designed data account mapping process model used in purchasing (DPO) project
- Presented extensive informational session regarding SAP HANA to internal BI Team to prepare migration path
- Researched and organized upgrade tasks for migration to BW 7.4, Enterprise Portal, Oracle 12C, hardware and OS upgrade
- Worked with hardware/network teams to design system landscape
- Extensively worked through migration issues to minimize 7.4 migration impact to users
- Created complex Crystal Enterprise reports sourced from BW cube
- Maintained Enterprise Portal including iViews, folders, roles, and authorizations
- Project lead for providing Ready Mix Concrete business reports in WAD to improve operating margin sourcing costing information derived from multiple systems as well as providing rankings of customers on several metrics
- Project lead of operational dashboard reporting on concrete truck times, employee hours, load size, etc... using Design Studio for graphical UI with several levels of drill in for detailed analysis by plant managers
- Negotiated solutions with representatives from parent company providing sales data for Aggregates product line in generic format sending from North American to Global BW systems
- Designed and implemented multiprovider and WAD reports for Cement business (CO-PA data) to graphically assist business analysts in opportunity identification for sales price increases; project was cited by CEO as one reason for improved company performance in 2013
- As a Data Architect, conceptualized a solution employing temporal infoset to solve requirement for join of time dependent data
- Improved data quality and data architecture from non-delta enabled source system by designing methodology to find and manage deletion of source data using ABAP code in end routine
- Designed and implemented sales reporting system from Command Series (ticketing system for Ready Mix Concrete) utilizing unique infoset mechanism to accurately manage nightly deltas utilizing SLA data architectural standards
- Designed and implemented entire data flow for custom Plant Maintenance (PM) reporting metrics
- Consolidated financial reporting from SAP ECC and provided extracts for downstream applications
- Created/updated formatted financial and IM reporting using Excel macros and BW Excel formulas
- Updated Sales reporting solution from multiple ERP systems
- Consolidated purchasing data from 3 NAM ERPs for submission to separate downstream EMEA/worldwide BW application
- Designed error handling / messaging methodology for data staging (using MONITOR internal table) in application sourcing Aggregates business data
- Sourced 3rd party data for numerous projects utilizing DB Connect datasources
- Production support for multiple applications in BW
Environment: SAP BW (BW/4HANA 2.x, 7.x, 3.5), Enterprise Portal, Lumira, Analysis for Office, Webi, Crystal, WAD, BEx, SAP R/3 Sales, Inventory, Finance (AP, AR, GL, COPA, PCA, Etc...), Plant Maintenance, Oracle, SQL Server, JDE, JWS, Command Series
- Implement BW template/custom solution at many locations as part of global effort to consolidate legacy systems into single SAP ERP solution. Worked in China as expatriate on Asia rollouts.
- Upgraded from BW 3.5 to BI 7.0 (technical upgrade)
- Architected new development for Demand Planning comparing production demand versions to actual sales figures
- Developed new purchasing data model to display expected order arrivals based on confirmations
- Enhanced breakdown of open orders reporting
- Worked with management and analysts to develop localized solutions for business processes unique to China
- Enhanced breakdown of open orders reporting
- Upgraded from BW 3.0B to 3.5