- 5 years of experience in Business Intelligence specializing as a Tableau developer
- Experience in end to end development of a new set of reports, dashboards and story
- Expertise with creating solution driven views and dashboards by developing different chart types including Line Chart, Bar Chart, Pie Chart, Scatter Plots, Heat map.
- Proficient Tableau features such as parameters, calculated fields, groups, hierarchies, actions, and filters to implement business logics
- Data blending to combine data from multiple data sources for analytical solutions
- Understanding and implementing best practices of data visualization using Tableau Prep, Data interpreter, Pivot, Column Split functions, etc.
- Experience in connecting Tableau to a variety of on - premises and Cloud based Data sources
- Experience in connecting and extracting data from different data sources and conducting an analysis to create database joins in Tableau to model data
- Experience with DAX (Data Analysis Expression) functions in Power BI
- Strong understanding of Data Warehousing design methodologies, Star Schemas, Snowflakes Schemas, dimensional modeling in both OLAP & OLTP.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries for data analysis.
- Knowledge of Power BI gateway to keep dashboards and reports up to date
- Interacted with the users to analyze the changes for improvement they need in existing reports and develop the reports to satisfy their needs and requirements.
- Knowledge of performing data cleansing and data preparation in power query
- Experience with data modeling of dimension and fact tables using the star schema and snow flake schema
- Ability to interact with different management levels and product teams to understand business rules and analysis needs in agile environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills and proactive team player with ability to interact with all members of the team
- Ability to meet project deadlines and coordinate multiple tasks based on priorities in project environment
- Efficient in handling responsibilities independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
RDBMS Skills: Oracle, MS SQL Server, Teradata, MS Access
BI Tools: Tableau Desktop 9.x/10.x/2018.x/2019.x, Tableau Prep 2018.2, Power BI, Power Query, Power View, Power Map, Power Pivot.
Technical Languages: SQL, PL/SQL
Methodologies: Agile and Waterfall
Others: Toad, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, Visio
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Business Intelligence Tableau Developer
- Create dashboards using Tableau and its visualization techniques to analyze and track KPIs and answer business questions
- Analyze user requirement, validating data, propose usable design
- Work on Dual axis charts, bubble charts, and drill down analysis on the tableau desktop
- Efficiently use data blending, replace references, customized queries and advanced visualizations in Tableau
- Design and create various analytical reports and Dashboards to help users identify critical KPIs and facilitate strategic planning.
- Design, manage and maintain informative dashboards and Stories using Tableau for analysis
- Extensively use Tableau reporting functionalities such as Hierarchy, Grouping, Calculated Fields, Filters, Ranking, Parameters, Graphs, Forecasting, Trend and Reference Lines.
- Understand the structure of data warehouse to model, clean and prep data for interaction and create joins in Tableau
- Schedule data refresh on the Tableau Server weekly and monthly to ensure the updated data was being displayed accurately on the views and dashboards
- Utilize bar Charts, Stacked Bar Charts, Pie and Donut Charts, Tree Maps, Heat Maps, Scatter Plots to visually represent the data for executives
- Migrate workbooks from Dev to Test and then to Production environment
- Execute ad-hoc reporting requirements as needed by executive management
- Create conditional filters and parameters for desired functionality
- Strong ability in developing SQL queries to extract data, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements
- Generate calculated fields and parameters, filter, dynamic sets, groups, actions, custom color pallets, statistical analysis to meet business requirements
- Import data from SQL server database, flat files, CSV and .xlsx files to generate reports
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Tableau and Power BI Developer
- Created visualizations after thorough organization and customization of data analysis to present to executive leadership
- Compared and analyzed data utilizing methods such as data blending, groups, combine, calculated and aggregated fields.
- Scheduled data refresh on the Tableau Server weekly and monthly to ensure the updated data was being displayed accurately on the views and dashboards
- Created histograms, box plots, pie charts, and scattered plots for background maps to illustrate the potential revenue change
- Created different reports such as, linked reports, interactive dashboards, stories, Drilldown reports, Drill-through reports and Sub-report with Tableau
- Visualized and created reports and dashboards in Tableau using different data sources
- Wrote and analyzed SQL queries/procedures
- Created ad-hoc reports with multi prompts to retrieve required data for the user and to minimize unnecessary load on the server
- Created several Dashboards through Tableau using different data connections
- Designed and Developed dashboards, scorecard and published to repository
- Used features in Tableau such as Grouping, Set, Hierarchy, Calculated Fields, Forecasting, Trend Line, and Reference Band
- Worked on Dual axis charts, bubble charts, and drill down analysis on the tableau desktop
- Utilized bar Charts, Stacked Bar Charts, Pie and Donut Charts, Tree Maps, Heat Maps, Scatter Plots to visually represent the data for executives
- Used filters, quick filter, sets, parameters and calculated fields on Tableau reports
- Experienced in publishing and sharing workbooks, data sources with user filters to Tableau server
- Developed calculated columns and measures using DAX functions such as FILTER, SUM, CALCULATE, ALL, SUMX, DISTINCT, etc. in Power BI
- Managed gateway and scheduled refresh in Power BI service
- Created workspace and content packs for business users to view the developed reports
- Administered static and dynamic row level security to restrict data for users
- Developed reports by different time intelligence like year to date (YTD), month to date (MTD), same period last year (SPLY), year over year (YOY), month over month (MOY)
- Created multiple charts and detailed reports using conditional formatting and slicing data
- Used LOD functions like fixed, Include and Exclude to show revenue shrink and financial debts at different granularities such as region, State and stores
- Designed business intelligence dashboards using Tableau Desktop and published on Tableau server, allowing executive management to view current and past performance sales trends, forecast sales, and to track existing sales
- Publish reports in Power BI service, manage Gateway, set up scheduler refresh to dashboards and implement row-level security to restrict data when end-users access reports