- Promoted 5 times in 11 years within Confidential ’s IT organization, after proving leadership, project management, and technical expertise on many of the enterprise’s largest initiatives. These projects required managing matrixed teams of >30 professionals across multiple areas of IT, Business, and Operations. These performance and leadership - based career advancements included promotion to the direct-report Advisor to the VP of IT Enterprise Architecture Design.
- Selected by executive management to be the Principal Project Manager and Technical Architect Advisor of a top 5 CIO-mandated strategic project consisting of a cross-functional team of 35+ technical contributors, representing 4 VP and 6+ Director areas. The 3-year project implemented an end-to-end solution of hardware, software, and processes for creating a more consistent technical infrastructure environment for the entire enterprise.
- Served as Senior Enterprise Architect to design complex end-to-end systems based on business and technical requirements. This required being the liaison between application development, including programmers, systems analysts and the various Technology Focus Areas (hardware, OS, network, QA etc.) Responsibilities include addressing the system design and architecture, technical feasibility, financial requirements, and operational support needs. This role required a high degree of leadership; relationship-building; decision making; and conflict resolution;
- Proficient knowledge in various standardized methodologies, tools, platforms, and frameworks, including but not limited to: PMP, SDLC, PDP, Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, RADS, ITIL, TOGAF, DODAF, and others.
- Was responsible for leading all technical projects for 5 managers and approximately 70 staff. One project consisted of leading the analysis, vendor selection, design and approval of $3.25M third-party software testing solution, as well as all necessary infrastructure. Other major efforts included implementations/major enhancements for CRM and EDW.
- Spent 5+ years on company-wide effort to integrate technical and business processes of corporate acquisitions’ (companies now known as Confidential Ground, Confidential Freight, Confidential Kinkos, etc.) into the enterprise infrastructure. This included being responsible for extensive analysis of current state vs. desired state; business and technical feasibility; financial planning; scoping and re-engineering of many business processes; capacity planning for scalability and technical governance.
- After one year, was promoted to the Technical Standards Oversight department at the Navy Personnel Command, which has the responsibility to serve as an governance committee and authoritative source to all 6 teams (60+ individuals) regarding technical standards established for all deliverables to external systems (e.g. business process models, functional process data tools, and functional requirements documents for new or enhanced systems, etc.).
- Chaired the weekly IT Operations Capital Review Meeting for the organization’s VP. This responsibility included coordinating all preparation of meeting participants and agenda; providing VP with summary and technical recommendations as they related to the IT requests being presented; and completion of all follow up items with Corporate Finance; Legal; and other IT departments as necessary.
- Evaluated hardware and software configurations to determine optimal system performance, as well as overall technical feasibility for client/server applications. Participated in design reviews to analyze system data flows, impact of interfaces with other systems, and hardware and software configurations.
- Collaborated with executive management in the discussion, negotiation, and collaboration of defining strategic IT solutions, overall IT direction, as well as financial feasibility of such recommendation. This also included providing formal presentations for project proposals, status, and issues.
Senior Solutions Management Advisor
- Provided IT solutions services for three business units. Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Reviewed business case proposals and assistance with composing RFPs and vendor negotiations
- Facilitated business and technical requirements gathering, analysis, and translation
- Recommended IT solutions in the form of technical architecture; user-experience capabilities;
Senior IT Project Manager
- Provided IT leadership for matrixed teams of up to 35 professionals for the highest visibility and most capital- intensive efforts within the Application Development organization. These include efforts within the Business Units of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM); Business Intelligence (BI)/Analytics and EDW; Supply Chain Management (SCM); and others.
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining status updates for program strategies, schedules, financial tracking, project deliverables, risk mitigation and escalation, and other ad-hoc requests by executive management.
Senior Business Solutions Specialist
- Served in the management-level position of IT Business Liaison for five Global Business Units: Sales, Marketing, Medical Education, Biologics, and Web Services - including Web application architecture.
- Responsibilities include working with C-level executives within IT and the business for defining product strategy and roadmaps; program management of entire portfolio of each business unit’s projects; budgeting and forecasting for all IT capital and expense requests; project charters; and funding justification documentation
- Advised and provided guidance to Project Managers and Business Analysts for all projects within each of the five business units to oversee project progress from inception through development, testing, configuration and release management; production implementation and support.
- Fulfilled IT Product Ownership duties for all products within each business unit, including Oracle On Demand CRM; Medical Education Event Management System; and eMedia Portal for physicians, hospitals, and patients.
Senior Enterprise Architect and Senior IT Project Manager
- Selected as Project Manager for 3 major work streams of the strategic 5-year project that will design, develop, and deploy the new worldwide pricing structure across all Confidential operating companies (OpCos) - Confidential Express, Confidential Ground, Confidential Freight, etc.
- Responsibilities including working with large internal organizations, such as Pricing Science & Analysis; Worldwide Sales; Global Revenue & Accounting; IT - Strategic Revenue; and many others.
- Facilitated the establishment of business and technical requirements across domestic and international business units and associated IT units. Also coordinated Configuration and Release Management responsibilities.
- Functioned as liaison between multiple business and IT units to ensure consistency of application design and function across the entire organization, while identifying and escalating risks; and proposing feasible solutions to upper management.
Principal IT Advisor and Business Process Reengineer
- Promoted two times in 18 months - Initially promoted from a Systems Analyst to a Business Process Reengineer within 6 months. Then, after one year, was advanced to the Quality Assurance (QA) department which has the responsibility to serve as an oversight committee and authoritative source to all 6 teams (60+ individuals) to ensure organizational standards are met for all deliverables to external systems (e.g. business process models, functional process data tools, and Functional Requirements documents for new or enhanced systems, including adherence to the DoD Architecture Frameworks (DODAF).
Principal IT Advisor and Business Process ReengineerConfidential
- Served as Project Lead for functional requirements gathering and compilation of the Functional Requirements Document (FRD) for the development of the Navy-wide Authoritative Data Environment (ADE) initiative. Responsible for technical writing of documents following the DoD Architecture Framework (DODAF).
- Provided oversight of the creation of 500+ pay, personnel, and promotion, process models (utilizing BPMN)
- In addition to designing the business process models, a Functional Data Tool was developed in association with each business model that identified all system/technical functional fields within legacy systems that are used for these transactions. This included 40+ legacy systems that crosses all branches of the military and DoD.
- Facilitated working sessions with Subject Matter Experts (SME) and stakeholders located within various departments on the Millington Navy Base, as well as gained expertise from other Navy bases or government areas of key knowledge.
Senior IT Project Advisor
- Lead team in analysis, technical design, and approval of $3.25MM for purchase of a third party software testing tool and implementation of the necessary supporting hardware environment.
- Promoted to the position of the direct report Advisor to the Director of IT Business Solutions Architecture organization, which consists of 5 managers and approximately 70 staff.
- Served as the IT Project Manager for all projects (20+) within that Director’s organization - Managing the teams for all the organization’s projects, including risk/ issue identification and resolution; project schedule and budget; ensuring efficient inter-departmental team relations and accomplishment of conflicting priorities.
- Lead effort to outsource Tier 1 Testing support tasks to offshore vendors which consisted of ensuring that all issues were addressed included firewall requirements; system monitoring; network connectivity; accounts provisioning; and overall environment setup.
Senior Enterprise Architect/Senior IT Project Manager
- Promoted to Principal Project Manager of a top 5 CIO-mandated strategic project consisting of a cross-functional team of 35+ technical contributors representing 4 VP and 6+ Director’s areas. This successful initiative implemented end-to-end hardware, software, and processes for a proof of concept to establish technical solutions implementing and maintaining an enterprise-wide methodology for a consistent technical infrastructure environment from the development phase through testing, and into the corporate production data center.
- Served as Enterprise Architect to design complex end-to-end systems based on business and technical requirements. This required being the liaison between application development departments and the various Technology Focus Areas (hardware, OS, software, network, etc.). Responsibilities include addressing the system design and architecture, technical feasibility, financial requirements, and operational support needs.
- Chaired and led discussion topics for the weekly IT Capital Review Meeting for the VP of Enterprise Production Data Center Operations. This responsibility included reviewing all company-wide IT capital funding requests; providing all pertinent information to the VP, Directors, Managers, and other staff; leading the discussion and answering questions; as well as closing out all follow up items with Corporate Finance; IT Legal; Strategic Sourcing, and various other IT departments required to complete the approval of the capital request within a 3 business day timeframe.