- I have a diverse background and have enjoyed continuous advancement in my career moving from hands on roles to team leadership, Departmental Management and Corporate leadership roles.
- I have served in direct sales positions for professional services, insurance and retail products companies.
- I have also served in technology positions working as a programmer, systems/business analyst and as a Project/Team Leader.
- However, I mostly enjoy the personal satisfaction of person - to-person and business-to-business sales.
- I am seeking a position that will use my sales and marketing skills to support organizational goals and growth objectives.
- I will relocate as needed.
- Visual Basic
- Hierarchical and n-tier design on mainframes
- networked computers
- Responsible for overall store operation for 8 years with full P&L responsibility.
- Provided leadership in tough retail environment during turn around. Increased sales from $1 million annually to over $3 million while controlling costs as percentages of gross sales.
- By identifying and focusing on marketing of the stores key business we were able to reduce labor costs from 42% of sales to under 25% and reduce direct materials (inventory purchases) from 38% to under 31% of sales. Reducing inventory volumes from $1.2 Million to under $750,000 also reducing property taxes. I retired in 2010 to return to Michigan.
- I provided business to business sales of health, life and casualty insurance products.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- I provided direct sales and distribution of wholesale gourmet meats to retail businesses and end consumers.
- I was relocated with company due to my success in San Diego to strengthen their Michigan presence.
Assistant General Manager
- Replaced its web-based direct sales /order entry system with VB.net technology (saving over 20% in operating costs)
- Revamped its procurement system (reducing its inventory carrying costs by 1/3)
- Restructured its debt service from heavy reliance on short-term financing to use of long-term instruments (saving 75% of its annual debt service costs).
- Developed organizational concepts and led sales, engagement development and service delivery.
- I had overall profit and loss responsibility.
- Under my leadership the company maintained 8 years of 20% growth in both total revenues and bottom line profits.
- The company was sold successfully to a multi-national consulting company.
- I served as the US technology head of this offshore software development company.
- Delivering a full spectrum of technology support services from Y2K system readiness audits to turnkey system design and development.
- I grew the practice from $2 million in annual run rate to over $10 million maintaining a net profit margin of over 12%.
Senior VP VoluntaryResponsibilities:
- I served as the practice leader of the Confidential Healthcare Information Systems Consulting Practice and was the only practice leader to achieve either sales growth or profitability before the organization was disbanded by its parent.
Confidential, Farmington Hills, MI
- I was the first Corporate Director of Information Services ( Confidential ) for this newly formed Corporation (the largest Catholic Multi-Hospital Corporation in the US) and successfully directed the establishment of Corporate Confidential policies resulting on savings of over $10 Million annually and improved patient/Administrator satisfaction ratings.