- Sr. Manager of business systems, Program and Project Manager who focus on resource coordination, IT Governance, and alignment between business areas and the IT department to ensure technology always delivers innovation and value.
- Experienced in implementing and managing in - house and vendor sourced application systems across all business areas using Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Expert in IT business analysis, mastering management of process improvement, system requirements, integration/API requirements, analysis, design, testing, implementation, and support for business systems.
- The business systems include ERP MS Dynamics; warehouse management WMS High Jump; EDI; supply chain management TXT application and Buyer’s Toolbox; MS Dynamics CRM; human resources and payroll Ultipro and OneView systems; task manager and retail operations Reflexis; E-commerce; workflows, reporting in SQL, SSRS and PowerBI.
Sr. Manager of Business Applications
- Working closely with the business areas to gain understanding of priorities and opportunities to create alignment with the IT area, ensuring technology is in line with the company’s strategic direction.
- Staffing and managing a talented team responsible for the entire life cycle of business management systems, including software & vendor selection, development, test, implementation of new systems, customization of existing systems, support, maintenance, and vendors management.
- Using a blend of Agile and Waterfall methodologies created processes to manage business and technical requirements specification, coding, training, go-live and test plans ensuring applications are delivered as per design and meet the business expectations.
- Manages the IT portfolio of projects, including planning and coordination of outsourced and shared resources, common activities, network infrastructure, hardware, security, and other dependencies ensuring projects are delivered upon agreed budget and timelines.
- Implemented and continuously improving the process to obtain project approval, funding, and prioritization from the company’s C-level executives and key stakeholders as well as created the standards for communications of project status and KPI’s.
- Managing IT annual budget (capital and operating budget) for business application systems as well as playing a key role in planning the goals of the Information Technology area.
- Implemented the business applications support for a community of about 400 users, including ticket tracking and controls, prioritization and KPI s with consistent satisfaction rate above 85%.
- Leading project initiatives and innovations, such as first global retail e-commerce platform for the cruise industry.
IT program Manager
- Managed the IT portfolio of systems focusing on business growth, innovation, and process improvement across multiple business areas such as finance, supply chain, and retail operations.
- Implemented Agile Software Development policies /SCRUM in the Information Technology department to maximize staff productivity, resulting in a decrease of 60% to 70% in the number of aged tickets. Also, a decrease in the execution length of projects enabled a higher number of completed projects yearly, from average two to ten per year.
- Implemented IT governance processes, such as project intake, prioritization, and funding to prevent waste of investments with projects being put on hold and enabling more projects to be executed concurrently, maintaining high quality deliverables as well as improving partnerships with vendors and stakeholders.
- Created Vendor Selection process to enable the Information Technology team to partner with strategic stakeholders for identification of business needs, selection of the most suitable solutions and creation of business cases to facilitate the finding of sponsorship for projects.
- Project managed the Disaster Recovery initiative to replicate all critical business applications to a secondary offsite location, supporting the company’s strategy of busines continuity with focus on the hurricane seasons.
- Defined EDI strategy for the company without the need to increase the IT support staff and selected the EDI provider.
Sr. IT Business Analyst
- Managed financial and supply chain systems, such as the ERP, Warehouse Management, Planning, among others. Manage multiple projects as well as executing gap analysis, gathering, and business requirement documentation, defining solutions, writing specifications, writing test cases, executing QA, coordinating UAT and implementing best practices to ensure the company s systems are used in their fullest capabilities.
- Managed the vendor selection and implementation of the Warehouse Management System High Jump, leading a team of 40 people, achieving delivery within strict time and 10 % under budget.
- Lead the post implementation/stabilization phase of the ERP Microsoft Dynamics NAV for the logistics area by determining pain points to provide resolutions for critical defects related to the 2007 implementation. As an example, after stabilization, the corporate physical inventory was executed 3 days faster and with shrinkage under 0.03% in 2009 as opposed to the previous year when shrinkage was 7.3%. In the following years, continuous enhancements cut the inventory execution time in another 4 days.
- Implemented multiple customizations in the ERP, WMS as well as enhancements of in-house tools such as SSRS reports, Datawarehouse, shipboard operation portal.
- Implemented a Cycle Count/Physical Inventory system for the shops on board of the Cruise Ships that cut the execution of the process in 10 days.
- Facilitated numerous business process workshops and conference room pilots as well as delivered training sessions and conducted regression and integration testing for multiple software deployments.
Confidential, Fort Lauderdale, FL
ERP Implementation Consultant
- Independent consultant responsible for implementing the ERP system StarSoft Applications with MS SQL Server Database in the areas of Accounting (General Ledger), Finances, Purchases, Sales, Inventory, and Fixed Assets.
- Assessed the business processes of the company to ensure they fit with the standard processes of the system. Review and automate the inter-company transactions between US and Latin America office, streamlining the processes, improving reliability, and speeding up overall operation time.
- Coordinate a team of 7 people (developers located overseas.)
- Met all milestones of the project within budget and schedule.
- Managed implementation of the ERP System Protheus in small and mid-sized projects utilizing PMBOK practices.
- Managed teams of 10 to 25 people. Responsible for projects between $20K and $200K in clients