- Senior - level Project Manager/SAFe Certified Scrum Master with direct experience delivering mission-critical business value through the strategic administration of agile frameworks and scrum methodology.
- Innate ability to continuously improve product development by effectively converting specifications into technical requirements.
- Masterful at transforming SDLC engineering groups into high-performing Agile Delivery Teams (ADTs).
- Outstanding communicator and able to nurture long term relationships with project stakeholders, development teams, vendors, and sponsors.
Software: Jira, Heep, Chat, Confluence, Kanban, Lean, XP, ServiceNow, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Microsoft Project
Agile Skills: Scrum Methodology, Demo Development, Sprint Planning, Backlog Management, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Epic Stories, User Stories, Business Cases
Confidential, Baltimore, Maryland
Scrum Master / Project Manager
- Spearheaded the transformation of Confidential ’s product development team from a waterfall environment to an Agile Delivery Team, applying scrum methodologies.
- Manage scope, timelines, budget and mitigate risk of multiple complex projects simultaneously to ensure a smooth completion within budget and on time.
- Set up and facilitate regular meetings with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure product quality and track progress and requirement changes.
- Created epics in Jira to track large user stories and consolidated other related stories that the team worked on.
- Oversaw the development of product demos, to include unit testing, integration testing, and UAT.
- Completed a multiyear project earlier than expected, resulting in saving the company over $100K.
- Managed multiple projects involving application migration from on-prem to vendor-hosted sites
- Directed the activities of three scrum teams and guided them toward more efficient iterative processes and procedures.
- Anticipated issues and acted proactively to address them.
- Facilitated sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint reviews/demos, and retrospectives.
- Actively used Jira to create epics for larger user stories that needed to be broken down into smaller manageable tasks for the developers.
- Assisted product owner with keeping the backlog groomed, triaging work to be completed on bugs, epics and user stories.
- Introduced a refinement session meeting that improved the team’s development tempo and responsiveness, reducing time spent on planning sessions by 50%.
- Strengthened the presence of the team as an Agile Center of Excellence (CoE), as they embodied and lived the scrum values of commitment, openness, courage, focus and respect.
- Interacted with stakeholders and project managers to research business requirements, gather documents, and analyze potential projects to design business cases.
- Worked with subject matter experts and business users to identify opportunities for improvement in the business operations processes and IT systems.
- Assisted in building multiple user stories of varying sizes and complexity. Adapted requirement changes to project plans and schedules.
- Helped the development team estimate project workloads and resource requirements.
- Improved communications between product owner and the development team by modeling requirements in use cases and holding combined walk-through meetings.