- “Recovering” Banker, transitioned to Healthcare. General Management Professional wif Strong Business Acumen and Pro ven Track Record in D eveloping Strategy and Delivering Measurable Results. Rigorous, Innovative, Visionary Thinker ; Keen Eyes for Details, Deftly “Connecting - the-Dots” to Make Things Happen.
- Entrepreneurial. Holistic and Intuitive Communicator; Expert at Negotiating Evolving and Conflicting Priorities/Expectation, and Managing Uncertainties wif Discipline and Focus.
- People and Process Oriented. Able to Influence, Motivate, and Galvanize Across an Organization. Quantitative. Passionate about Data-Driven Decision/Management Tools, Products/Services, and Executing Operations as Live, Integrated Processes.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Practice Administrator/COO at a $25M specialty surgery practice wif offices in TX and CA.
- Research and business development in care delivery for the aging and/or developmentally disabled population, across culture/geography; thought-partner for projects in Europe & Asia.
- Practice Administrator at a $30M Orthopedics, Podiatry, Sports Medicine, and Pain Management practice wif thirteen (13) providers and fifty (50+) employees; plus two (2) ancillary service units, an MRI Imaging Service; and a Physical Therapy unit wif fifteen (15+) employees.
- Initiated implementation of coordinated care plans, from consult to pre- and post-op, wif an emphasis on quality of care and patient experience, to ensure patient-focused delivery of service.
- Initiated leadership training of nurse manager on all aspects of clinical operations, including fiscally accountable staffing/scheduling, professional development of clinical staff, developing outcomes based patient care protocols, comprehensive clinical policies/procedures, and contract management.
- Lead design develop inclusive care delivery model, leveraging technology, including Artificial Intelligence and robotics. Coach/mentor early stage health care technology and fintech startups;
- Thought partner for telehealth/post-Covid-19 strategy for physician practices and stealth startups.
- Regional operations and post-acquisition integration strategy for behavior/mental health practices in WA and CA, wif twenty (20) plus locations. Project managed EMR/EPM transitions.
- Re-branding, marketing/community building strategy for a skilled nursing/assisted living facility.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Provided overall general management/operations leadership for the practice, from general accounting, business development, HR, marketing, network/IPA management, and payroll.
- Practice performance review led to overhaul of EPM/EHR platform, enabling successful Meaningful Use attestation, which the practice had failed to do the previous three years.
- Executed the entire EPM/EHR transition project, from vendor selection to go-live in six months. Managed internal and remote project teams, ensuring on-budget, on-time go-live.
- Integrated general accounting and HR/Payroll wif EPM, resulting in robust and comprehensive revenue cycle/financial management platform.
- Re-designed overall end-to-end workflow/business processes, empowering staff at all levels, while building in accountability, performance measurement metrics, and optimizing staffing ratios. Streamlined inventory and supply chain management.
- Introduced blind 360-degree performance review for all providers and staff; delivering market competitive, performance based (vs. tenure based) compensation/bonus structure for everyone.
- Restructured provider mix, introducing mid-level providers, resulting in increased productivity at lower cost. Resolved all compliance issues.
- Broadened IPA network reach and negotiated all new and renewal contracts wif IPAs. Working closely wif IPAs, enhanced patient outcomes through developing services and TEMPeffective use of available resources, resulting in improvements in patient satisfaction and RAF scores.
- Advocated wif IPAs & health plans to coordinate seamless transition of patients across the continuum of care; led community building wif specialists and other service providers; led oversight/accountability discussions wif all parties.