- As a flexible/hands on finance leader with a servant mindset and a passion for fast paced environments, I help solve complex problems & provide analysis to drive decisions as a key influencer.
- This support is achieved through automation of scalable solutions utilizing tools such as Excel & Adaptive Planning and deploying throughout the organization. My focus is to drive exceptional service and cultivate cross functional relationships to strengthen partnerships.
- My passion lies with helping small companies improve processes & profitability. At Confidential ($110M) I lead my team to revolutionize the planning & budget processes.
- Efforts decreased time to complete by over 70%, while increasing accuracy and accountability.
- Build efficiencies through automation & manage strategic financial planning, forecasts, reporting & key metric tracking
- Partner with EVP Leadership teams for global short term and long - term financial planning
- Analytical, problem solving & GAAP (Revenue Recognition, Inventory Reserves etc.), SKU/margin analysis
- Advanced Financial Modeling/P&L, ROI, IRR, NPV, EVA analysis
- Coach, mentor and support development of FP&A team
Senior Enterprise Consultant
- Configure and Implement Adaptive Planning & Reporting software, build GL structure and modeling based on company business requirements and train end users. Manage engagement budget, manage staff consultants and ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Review customer planning and budget process, evaluate GL structure and segments, assess reporting requirements & utilize Adaptive Planning best practice implementation methodology. Build clients’ instance to meet their planning & reporting requirements and train end users.
- Partner with pre-sales to provide customer demos and assess client requirements for proposals.
- Mentored 3 senior analyst direct reports. Served as Sales Finance/P&L Controllership for 11 product groups in CTS.
- Revolutionized forecast/budget process by selecting Adaptive Insights system, which served as a pilot for enterprise wide implementation. Included business intelligence tools, dashboards and real time insights.
- Implemented procedures to improve forecast accuracy, which improved monthly accuracy from 82% to 97.5%
- Drove monthly FP&A for P&L, created executive reporting, tracked Key Metrics (KPIs) for sales teams & ensured forecasts aligned with timing of revenue from bookings.
- Provided analysis to leadership to guide strategic decisions across multiple entities/businesses. Owned annual & 5-year Budgets, monthly rolling forecasts & financial models, capital expenditures and cash flow management.
- Supported business unit strategic revenue planning and operational decision making by creating investment & ROI analysis for business opportunities and established selling price for sales team (What if’s/Goal Seek/IRR/NPV).
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
- Reported to CFO, established sustainable Financial Reporting & Analysis department during period of high growth from $60M to $100M over 4 years and drove optimal performance and profitability.
- Analytical thinking. Educated the organization on the value of FP&A and recruited/managed team of 2 to 4 analysts. Team became key influencers and highly trusted by executive team to aid in strategic decisions that resulted in 25% improvement to EBITDA margins.
- Process improvement: Selected/implemented Adaptive Insights SaaS budget software, automated/re-designed budget & forecast process, which provided new levels of visibility to key metrics. Automation allowed shift from 2 annual forecasts to a rolling forecast and reduced annual budgeting cycle time by 50% (6 months to 3 months).
- Streamlining close process and in selection of new GL system, served as SME for Epicor GL implementation and re-designed reporting/customer hierarchy and revising GL account structure.
- Led development of global annual/5-year budgets and forecasts. Built dynamic business/financial models to support prospective customer and M&A opportunities; presented recommendations to Executive Team.
- Implemented analysis guidelines to measure economic value and ROI of business opportunities.
- Created and implemented pricing tool & methodology to drive approval process for prospective and organic customers. Tool established price/profitability strategy to maximize revenue, GM and contribution margin.
- Designed a brand valuation model/framework to measure Margin & EBITDA contribution of customers, providing visibility into customer performance & profitability. Sales executives utilize this tool to renegotiate pricing/terms with customers. Drove 1-point improvement to EBITDA margins.
- Business case analysis: models included cost benefit analysis and incorporated both GAAP and cash impact as well as partnership with VP of Sales to analyze domestic & International opportunities & acquisitions.
Managing Broker & Manager
- Who would start to sell homes in a down market? With a focus on exceptional customer service, and the drive to succeed, I sold 20 homes in first 18 months and was in top 10% in King/Snohomish County.
- I differentiated services by applying innovative, data-driven approach, netting sellers 3.5% more & saved buyers 3% over traditional agents.
- Managed reporting/forecasting requirements related to company's $175M inventory. Prepared journal entries, warranty/inventory reserves, analyzed PPV & deferred revenue. Implemented standard product cost methodology.
- Mentored 5 direct reports & managed procurement of $80M in annual purchases (5,000 SKUs and 350 vendors).
- Implemented improvements to supply chain & Inventory policy/procedure, drove a ½ point increase in EBITDA. Drove 7% reduction to inventory, 82% reduction in stock outs, increase in turns while ensuring adequate stock.
- Forecasted demand based on catalog/web placement; established prices for markdown strategy for slow inventory.
- Negotiated 25% reduction in 3rd party manufacturing costs, resulted in annual savings of $200K; 18% reduction in freight forwarding contract & worked directly with manufacturers to reduce costs of Asian produced branded merchandise.
Senior Financial AnalystConfidential
- Primary Finance business partner for revenue, COGS & OPEX/CAPEX budget owners; $95M budget.
- Redesigned/managed company’s budget & forecast process, resulting in 25% reduction in budget cycle.
- Prepared monthly reporting package, deferred revenue/inventory reserve entries, and audit schedules.
- Developed model to evaluate financial position and operating metrics for IPO; model became primary source for tracking actual/forecasted results and was used daily by Executive Management.