- A forward - thinking and results-driven financial manager, with extensive experience in controllership roles, including; accounting, tax, reporting, government compliance, Sarbanes-Oxley, accounts payables and receivables, credit and collections, general ledger, treasury, merger and acquisition integration, start-ups, international experience, external and internal auditing. I am a strategic leader interacting with teams across all levels of an organization. Hands on team player.
- Great Plains 2016, Bullhorn, Sage 50, Intacct, Vison, JDE, Hyperion, FDM
- QuickBooks, Macola, Sage, Crystal, FRX, ADP, Paychex, Management Designer - GP
- Payroll- GP, Sage, E2, Expandable, Adaptive, Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Reduce production of monthly reporting from 35 days to 15 days in month 1 on the job. Then for the next 18 months constant 5-7 day close.
- Prepare the corporate budget and reforecast while uploading into report viewer for comparative purposes and have a plan on actuals versus budget that were normally kept in Excel and not compared.
- Provide guidance and direction to Staff of 4 employees.
- Completed W/C Audit and corporate tax audit (2 years)
- Reduction of expenses and improve gross margin by 5% with team lead ideas and pricing.
- Improved Idle Cash from $500K to $5M in 18 months with cost cutting initiatives and improvements to Gross Margin while reducing overhead expenses that were not productive.
Director of Finance / Business Unit Controller
- First of three senior managers hired to establish location selected for build-out of entertainment site in Assembly Row - Somerville, MA.
- Produced weekly / monthly and annual management accounts through Hyperion hit all Merlin accounting timetables.
- Management of the premises, cash control and auditing procedures.
- Achieved 150% over initial budget of $4.5M revenue in year one - as second person hired created team to manage heavy cash/credit card activity each week during opening year.
- Liaison between Merlin central finance and the general manager for all issues relating to the start-up entity.
- Provided weekly cash flow reporting for the entity through Hyperion uploads Sunday am.
- Ensure compliance with local financial, fiscal, and statutory legislation. Managed accounts to ensure company remained current in GAAP, SEC and other international regulatory requirements.
- Implementation of SAGE, Galaxy, Futura and Hyperion for new site based upon credentials of other sites. Use Crystal Reports to provide finance reports useful for discounts, sales analysis, and other management decisions.
Business Unit Controller
- Partner with general manager to achieve best results in ten years for Microfluidics. Developed AOP and achieved 90% of goal. Achieved profits of $1.7M on $16.2M in sales after years of losses or just above break-even profits.
- Earned appointment to transition team consolidating manufacturing of Microfluidics with Quadro Confidential entity.
- Provided management with financial and gross-margin costing reporting daily, weekly, and monthly through Hyperion.
- Completed purchase accounting for finalizing opening balance sheet for the acquisition.
- Handled all state sales tax and reporting matters, including high-risk state taxes for California and Texas.
- Lead on internal auditing - remediating revenue recognition, credit memo accruals, warranty accruals, and Excess Obsolete and Zero Inventory utilization per corporate policies.
- Prepared annual operating plans and monthly re-forecasting from acquisition date to 2013.
- Achieved 95%-plus accuracy in financial reporting for 12 consecutive months in 2012.
- Managed accounts to ensure company remained current in GAAP, SEC, and other regulatory requirements.
- Designed and monitored controls over company's financial reporting processes to ensure SOX compliance.
- Developed hybrid costing system, reviewed material margins, and analyzed direct labor rate and overhead rate.