- Trusted finance executive and transformation leader in the global financial services space, with expertise in leading teams through strategy planning and execution, FP&A maturity, data analytics, P&L management, financial system/ERP implementation, financial reporting, M&A and operating model redesign leveraging rapid transformation and technology as an enabler and competitive advantage.
- Strong strategic partner and finance officer with proven skills at building and maturing organizations, metrics, systems and processes that enhance business operations in highly matrix environments.
- Adept at leading dynamic teams building the next generation of finance in this new economic paradigm.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Strategic Planning and Forecasting
- Financial System Design & ERP Implementation
- Risk Management & Controls
- Organizational Design & Restructuring
- Product & Distribution Expertise
- Capital Management & Deployment
- KPI/Data Analytics & Decision Support
Second Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis
- Led finance transformation effort with company - wide planning and analytics framework; implementing new, SaaS business planning system and process within 5 months, reducing cycle time & staff, creating strong foundation for scenario planning and increasing analytical capabilities and decision support.
- Enhanced key financial and business performance reporting by developing playbook for standardized financial management reporting packages (KPIs), quarterly business reviews and dashboards, reducing dependencies on manual processes, improving internal controls and maturing analytics for business leaders and financial executives.
- Served as key strategic business partner on all financial matters including acquisitions and integration, ensuring business model remained viable during market and business shifts. Senior finance officer to all key business and functional leaders, collaborating on expense and capital investment targets to achieve long-term profitability.
- Optimized segment reporting by redesigning financial planning and controller processes to improve financial accuracy and focus resources on more value-add decision support framework while streamlining close process.
Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis
- Led global planning and budgeting process comprised of $56B operating revenue plan and over $4B operating expenses for Life and Retirement Market segment, improving key driver analysis, building transparency and insight.
- Created strategic redesign of management reporting process and platforms in both assignments by creating performance blueprints that improved business oversight. Streamlined executive reporting while building analytical capabilities and providing flexible and scalable platforms.
- Transformed GAAP reporting and analysis process for worldwide P&C insurance division including 10Q/10K, preparation of MD&A and investment analytics, increasing efficiency of company financial consolidation.
- Directed all aspects of financial system implementation and improved data collection, financial reporting and analysis while creating a technology playbook replicated in other parts of the company.
Vice President, Finance & Operations
- Implemented and matured financial processes, streamlining annual planning across all branch offices. Advised and managed company expense and capital budget for sales channel and managed nationwide business management function for Chief Marketing Officer.
- Implemented centralized review unit, improving operating controls and supervision of broker-dealers and saving $12M annually while eliminating 200+ support positions.
- Transitioned and oversight of 150+ staff members, managing key financial, sales and operational functions within various segments. Forged strong strategic relationships with sales executives, improving financial profitability and compliance environment while implementing organizational changes.