- Over 6 years of diverse experience as Business/Data Analysis in Business Intelligence with the ability to work independently and manage business expectations with a delivery focused approach to work; ability to build and experience interfacing with Stakeholders, System Analysts, and Senior Management with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- 5 years - Business Intelligence.
- Created queries, reports, database tables using T-SQL.
- 5 years - Project Management skills. Led/Worked on Business requirement and Data requirement functions.
- Managed multiple cycles of projects and met tight deadlines.
- 5 years - Data Quality. Analyzed, planned and implemented processes that are sustainable and addressed all gaps/issues.
- Created processes, tools and techniques to improve resource efficiency and data quality.
- 5 years - Client Management. Worked with different internal clients on various projects and have negotiated requirements, strategy, timelines and resources. Provided them with different solutions & options and have had excellent working relationship with them.
- 5 years - Problem Solving Skills. Strong manual testing, bug tracking, error analysis/solving and resolution skills.
- 3 years - Management/Leadership Skills. Established the goals and vision for my team. Hired, Coached and mentored the team towards achieving enterprise goals by realizing individual targets.
- 5 years - Adaptability. Proficient in learning new technologies and quickly adapting to new work environments both in English and Chinese.
Languages: SQL, Excel VBA, Matlab, Java, C, C++, SAS, R
Tools: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio
Senior Operations Analyst
- Provided business and technical support for Card IVR (serving 200MM customers per year).
- Performed data extraction, aggregation and quality checking from multiple big data sources to create monthly monitoring reports for IVR system releases using Teradata SQL.
- Participated in daily stand up meetings and weekly meetings to discuss project and team status updates.(Daily SCRUM and JAD)
- Completely studied the logical data model and Created Data mapping document (ETL) while migrating data from Legacy Support System to new Safeco system and worked with business to write transformation rules.
- Report generation through SQL queries.
- Data cleansing was done to detect and correct corrupt data. Have been responsible for creating and maintaining end-to-end data mapping and data conversion spreadsheet.
- Executed data mining and data analysis activities to explore big data that identify customer trend and drive cost saving initiatives.
- Responsible for process streamlining, ad hoc reporting, and system integration and migration monitoring for legacy systems within the Confidential network, including interfacing with HSBC systems from prior acquisitions.
- Partner with statistician teams during the formulation, implementation, testing and validation of predictive models.
- Efficiently worked with ETL team to understand the current database architecture and mapping and to create a data/ETL mapping specification document.
- Identified problematic areas and conducted research to determine the best course of action to correct the data and recommended automation to suitable processes.
- Acquired and extracted primary and secondary data from existing internal and external data sources.
- Executed SQL queries to obtain requested reports manually using SQL in Toad.
- Partnered with business teams and other operations units to do manual testing, bug tracking, error analysis/solving and resolution.
- Negotiated with internal clients on requirements, strategies, timeline and resources; provided them with different solutions and options and had excellent working relationship with them.
- Trained users and developers in navigating funneling and monitoring scripts in order to implement a sustainable monitoring process that addresses all gaps/issue.
- Acted as the subject matter expert and assisted with customers such as call center managers and agents to address queries and develop ad-hoc queries.
Confidential, New York
- Provided operational support for global listed derivatives sales and trading, the primary point of record for the company’s multi-billion capital market division.
- Develop Excel VBA programs to allow automatic calculation and compilation of risk positions and trading limits across multiple client groups, increasing the flexibility of senior traders to respond to changing market conditions.
- Supported existing reporting systems along with creating custom reports and analysis as requested by the senior traders, risk analysts, accounts, and executive management to isolate trends and metrics for the ever changing market conditions.
- Developed ad-hoc reports to research and eliminate anomalies in data delivery based on historical pattern and business rules.
- Collaborated with Client Service, Traders and IT to decipher system functionalities, customer requirements and exchange rules and regulations.
- Developed standard and rationalized business rules and partnered with IT to in corporate them into the allocation platform to automate data quality check.
- Negotiated with internal and external clients on requirements, strategies, timeline and resources; Provided them with different solutions and options and had excellent working relationship with them.
- Trained users in system connectivity and navigating through the centralized allocation platform by developing user manuals and sessions.
- Acted as the subject matter expert for any questions regarding product valuations and trading and back end system logic and client related reporting systems.
- Interfaced with IT support to maintain and support underlying databases utilized by the trading system, including UAT testing, upgrades, and troubleshooting.
- Mentored 2 interns and 3 analysts extensively on product knowledge, line roles and career paths.
Financial Control Analyst
Confidential, New York
- Provided financial control reconciliation and data support for global cash equities sales and trading, the primary point of record for the company’s multi-billion capital market division.
- Extracted and cleaned data from excel spreadsheets to produce quality data and match between internal dashboard and exchange information.
- Initiated proactive investigations into data issues that impact reporting, analysis and program execution and develop commentaries that were presented to management.
Inventory Data Analyst
- Developed analytical model to track inventory data on a daily change basis using ideas and specification written by senior supply chain and forecasting specialists.
- Support the forecasting/modeling effort by extracting and combining data from various data sources.
- Review and re-write existing code for efficiency. Implemented lookup tables to speed up processing.
- Loaded Inventory data for analysis and support of modeling.
- Responsible for process streamlining and task automation in the day to day operations of the group that enabled the group to respond quicker to security incidents.
- Partnered with national sales, forecasting, supply chain and IT team to gather data and automate inventory investment decision making, which pushed company overall customer service level up by 20%.
- Improved data quality by introducing automation measures to filter through outliers and bad data using Excel VBA.