- A 20+ years seasoned business and technology leader with proven track record of delivering innovative products and services for startups and Confidential 100 companies.
- A trusted technology advisor to Owner, Confidential and Board of Directors and go to leader to solve complex business, operations and technology problems.
- Hands - on experience leading DevOps/CloudOps team, product team, software development team, infrastructure/cloud team, sales team, delivery team and legal team to deliver quality products/services that bring value to the customers and generate profit for the company.
- I am a visionary leader with hands-on operational experience to balance strategic thinking and high quality delivery.
- I am recognized as a “change agent” with a passion for technologies.
- In addition, I have designed and managed global on premise data center and AWS/Azure Cloud implementation.
- Experience working in Telco, healthcare, insurance, biotechnology, finance, automotive, consumer goods, manufacturing, transportation, real estate, oil & gas, education, and IT consulting
- 20+ Years Hands-on Experience
- New Business Development and Profit & Loss Responsibility
- Enterprise Business and Technology Architecture (BTA)
- Program Manager Office (PMO)
- Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC)
- Integrated Engineering Process Guide (IEPG)
- Data Center Network/Server/Storage Design and Build
- Data Center Operation (24/7 Support 100% Uptime)
- Data Center Migration and Consolidation
- Enterprise Software Delivery Cycle (SDLC)
- Salesfore.com (Service/Health/Marketing Cloud)
- Adobe Web Content Manager (AEM 6.2)
- Business and IT Services Alignment
- Media Broadcasting
- ITILv3, Waterfall, Agile and SAFe
- Capacity Planning and Performance Management
- Toyota BLUE PRINT Methodology
- Mergers and Acquisition Planning (100-day plan)
- Enterprise Software Architecture (SAD)
- Cloud Architecture (DCaaS, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- IT Governance & Enforcement
- Buy vs Build Strategy
- Crisis, Risk & Change Management
- Enterprise Infrastructure Architecture (EIA)
- Budget and Cost Control
- Cloudera Big Data Architecture (DW/BI)
- Team Leadership and Mentoring
- TOGAF Architecture Framework
- Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP)
- Zachman Enterprise Framework
- SOX/PCI/HIPAA Compliance Audit
- Troux Enterprise Architecture Framework
- QA & Testing Tools Automation
- IBM Rational System Architecture Framework
- Application Integration and Configuration Management
- Bitbucket, Jenkins, GitHub, Puppet, Chef, Python, Ruby, Perl
- Large Call Center Deployment and Management (Genesys, Avaya, Cisco)
- AWS/Azure/Rackspace/OpenStack Cloud
- LAMP Stack Architecture
- Containment: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Enterprise Data Model and Metadata Management
- Kaizen Process Engineering and Improvement
- Vendor Contract Negotiation & Management
- .NET (VB, C#, ASP.NET)
- Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
- IBM Business Process Management (BPM)
- RFI/ Management
- JIRA, Confluence, Kanban, HipChat
- Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- TOAD and Erwin Data Modeler
- E-Commerce and Online Pay
- Supply Chain and Delivery Network Logistics
- EMR/EHR Data Integration and Claims System
- FDA 510K Process
- SAP ERM/CRM/Hybris
- Oracle ERP/R12
To join an organization where I can apply my leadership, business and product/technology expertise to develop innovate products and provide the highest standards of services. An organization that is not afraid to re-invent itself in order to lead and more importantly, an organization that fosters a culture of collaboration where we "Succeed as a Team".
I sincerely believe through hard work, dedication and pursuit of being the best, we can achieve more than we think possible. That said, it requires collaboration between business, product and technology leaders to develop innovative products, scalable IT services and a matured support operations to achieve desired business results. As a leader, I collaborate with my peers, influence leaders and lead a diverse team to form synergy to deliver on the “Customer Promise”. When you work with me, you have my commitment to highest standard of services, integrity and partnership.
Digital Transformation Leader | DevOps/CloudOps Coach | Head of Software Engineering
- DevOps CI/CD Strategy, Execution and Adoption (Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, GitHub, PowerShell, Bash)
- E-Commerce Platform, Supply Chain and Delivery Network Logistics
- Product research, planning, roadmap and development leadership
- Sales Strategy, Complete Solution Selling Cycle & New Markets Penetration
- Digital Transformation Strategy and Implementation (Cloud, IoT, Data Analytic, Hybris, AEM, Salesforce)
- Organization Structure Assessment and Re-Organization
- IT Assessments and Road-map for Improvement Strategy
- Business and IT Alignment Strategy and Execution
- Emerging Technologies and Impacts to Businesses and Competitive Edge
- Global on Premise Data Center and AWS/Azure Cloud Strategy & Implementation
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Team Trust Building Exercises and How to Promote Positive Disruption
- Hiring, Empowering and Training Strategy
- Program & Project Management (PMO/PMP)
- IT Security, SOX/HIPAA/PCI Compliance Audit
- Business Analysis, Process Re-engineering & Optimization
- Global IT Outsourcing and Shared Services Implementation
- Agile Development Coaching
- Build vs Buy Strategy
- Business Case, RFI/RFP, Selection and Implementation
- Vendor Management and Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- M&A, Assessment and Integration Strategy (100 days plan)
- Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Distribution
- Serve as the face and voice of the company Confidential trade shows and public speaking events.
- Hands-on writing and leading RFP, SOW, proposal presentation creation and value proposition presentation Confidential level.
- Proven track record of managing large P&L, global sales team and multi-cultural delivery team.
- Participate in pre-sales to answer technical questions, provide estimations, deal pricing, contract negotiations and closing deal.
- Conduct post-sales to develop strong customer relationship and serve as a single point of contact for trustful relationship.
- Engage with customers to document business requirements and develop short/long term products/services roadmap.
- Educate customers on Cloud (AWS/Azure) services and present business value proposition for migrating to the cloud.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills and ability to hold discussions Confidential and executive level.
- Managed projects from 1MM - 300MM with international operation in a cross-functional organization with onshore/offshore.
- Perform business development and sales with integrators, ISVs and manag1ed services providers on new leads.
- Lead RFP with key integrators (SIs), software vendors (ISVs) and managed services providers (MSPs) to win and succeed in large, complex customer engagements.
- Voice of a customer - attend conferences and public speaking events to gather feedback from the user’s communities.
- Work with product team, engineering team and marketing team to develop new products roadmap and influence roadmap changes to align with customer’s needs to accelerate adoption and value.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Senior Enterprise Cloud Architect and DevOps Coach
- Worked closely with products team to define products roadmap and created enterprise cloud blueprint to ensure success.
- Architected an enterprise Azure infrastructure to host SaaS products to provide services to medium to Confidential 100 clients.
- Responsible for company's application systems strategy and alignment with DevOps strategy with company's business goals. Ensured that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies.
- Promotion of Azure and shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flow with all teams (development, QA, DevOps and operations support)
- Worked closely with solutions architect(s) to provide a consensus based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with ever changing business needs.
- Developed governance and operations readiness to onboard Confidential 100 customers (Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, etc.)
- Responsible for financial modeling as it pertains to Azure cloud-based investment.
- Served as a subject matter expert to our development, QA, and DevOps teams and provided technical guidance, standards, knowledge and understanding of DevOps framework to improve operational capabilities through the IT organizations.
- Enforced on disciplined build and deployment processes to ensure best practices
- Provided feedback to business and IT leaders on DevOps maturity and recommended training programs for faster DevOps adoption throughout the company.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Head of Software Engineering
- A member of the executive team responsible to drive business growth, process excellence and innovation across the company.
- Provided leadership, vision, and management of the engineering department and conducted team building exercises to promote team synergy. Responsible for the hiring, motivating, evaluating, developing and promoting of department personnel.
- Led a team of 150+ employees, contractors and multi-vendors in a matrix environment to form an integrated Project Delivery Team (PDT) to build the next SaaS/E-Commerce dental platform for PDS to achieve company’s vision of being the Greatest Dental Company in America and growth from 1B to 2B in the next five years.
- Analyzed the current development lifecycle and re-organized fifteen Scrum teams down to eight integrated Agile project delivery teams. With an integrated development lifecycle, eight Scrum teams could deliver faster and more cost-effective products. We reduced 45% of the staffs and saved over 5M.
- Advised executive leadership team on industry trends and emerging technologies to maintain competitive edge.
- Worked closely with business unit leader to establish service level agreements (SLAs) and when necessary, make necessary changes to meet SLAs.
- Established an enterprise Architecture Review Committee (ARC) and Change Advisory Board (CAB) to review, validate and approve all production environment changes. This eliminated 85% of production errors.
- Developed and executed a company-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan to mitigate 5M daily revenue risk.
- Evangelized and cultivated Agile development principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility; ensured consistent application of scrum methodologies across the company.
- Led or directly participated in special projects that had revenue and high value impact to the company
- Served as SME to identify problems, triage root causes, develop and deploy solutions.
- Analyzed and removed blockers to improve velocity and quality.
- Developed DevOps best practices guide and enforced disciplined approach that improved operational capabilities.
- Deployed and trained team on DevOps tools.
- Provided one-on-one coaching to development team, DevOps team, QA team, Scrum Masters Team and product owners team to develop DevOps maturity.
- Educated business and IT leaders on the advantages of DevOps and faster products to market through organizational transformation, QA automation, CI/CD pipeline strategy and platform automation.
- Per request from two stakeholders, conducted a cost and benefit analysis of the current corporate project and recommended to stop the project which saved 20M planned spending that would not satisfy the business needs.
Confidential, El Segundo, California
Senior Technical Lead
- Led an enterprise digital transformation program to deliver exceptional services to 100+ million customers. Program consists of the following projects: Cloud migration, enterprise E-Commerce platform, Mobile platform, enterprise backend databases, integrated CRM, CMS and network/SDN/CDN architecture, lean operation and process improvement, single billing platform, IoT platform, Big Data platform, AI/Machine Learning platform, OTT/VOD platform and enterprise CI/CD project.
- Conducted business requirements working session with business leaders/users and work closely with solution architect to design an end-to-end technology solutions.
- Served as technical subject matter expert for the design, development, implementation and testing solutions to ensure it meets the business needs
- Developed short-term and long-term digital strategy based on new technologies offerings to maintain competitive advantage.
- Mentored and when necessary coached one-on-one with junior architects to ensure he/she has the necessary skills to be successful Confidential sub-projects assignment.
- Responsible for establishing and managing the program budget and conducted financial audit to ensure all sub-projects are within approved budget.
- Responsible for the overall end-to-end delivery of all sub-projects within budget and timeline.
- Resolved day-to-day program blockers and weekly updated stakeholders, steering committee, CPO and IT leaders on program progress, risks and mitigation strategies.
- Provided guidance to IT teams on solutions options, integration and migration strategies, support model and SLAs
- Worked closely with sub-project’s project manager to ensure IT solutions are delivered to the business goals.
- Reviewed and approved all sub-project’s plan to ensure its alignment to the master project delivery plan.
- Worked closely with accounting team to manage costs and to ensure invoices are within approved budget and payment of contractors, consultants and suppliers is within contract timeframes.