- Seven years of professional experience in Data Modeling and Data Analysis as a Proficient in gathering business requirements and handling requirements management.
- Vast experience in developing conceptual, logical and physical data models for OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Good in system analysis, ER Dimensional Modeling, Database design and implementing RDBMS specific features.
- Experience in modeling with both OLTP/OLAP systems and Kimball and Inmon Data Warehousing environments.
- Good in building various logics to handle Slowly Changing Dimensions, Change Data Capture and Deletes for incremental Loads in to the Data warehouse and determining the hierarchies in dimensions.
- Proficient in data martdesign and creation of cubes using dimensional data modeling - identifying Facts and Dimensions,Star Schemaand Snowflake Schema.
- Well versed inNormalization (1NF, 2NF and 3NF) and De normalizationtechniques for optimum performance in relational and dimensional database environments.
- A good expertise in Extract Transform and Load (ETL) data from spreadsheets, database tables and other sources using Microsoft Data Transformation Service (DTS) and Informatica.
- Proficient in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Project Management methodologies, and Microsoft SQL Server database management.
- Having experience in writing complex SQL queries to perform end-to-end ETL validations and support Ad-hoc business requests. Also good in developed Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Packages using SQL/PLSQL.
- Building reports using SQL SERVER Reporting Services (SSRS 2005/2008), Crystal Reports.
- Experienced in generating and documenting Metadata while designing OLTP and OLAP systems environment.
- Experience in developing Entity-Relationship diagrams and modeling Transactional Databases and Data Warehouse using tools like Erwin, ER/Studio and Power Designer.
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin r9, Erwin r8, Erwin r7.1/7.2, Rational Rose 2000, ER Studio and Oracle Designer
OLAP Tools: Microsoft Analysis Services, Business Objects, and Crystal Reports 9
ETL Tools: Microsoft DTS/SSIS, SSRS and Informatica 7.1.3
Programming Languages: SQL, T-SQL, Base SAS and SAS/SQL, HTML, XML, VB.NET
Database Tools: Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2008, Teradata, Oracle 10g/9i, and MS Access
Packages: Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Project 2010, SAP and Microsoft Visio, Share point Portal Server 2003/2007.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 9x / NT / 2000/ XP / Vista/7 and UNIX
Quality Assurance Tools: Win Runner, Load Runner, Test Director, Quick Test Pro, Quality Center, Rational Functional Tester
Sr. Data Modeler/Analyst
- Designed Data Flow Models for better communicate the design to the business users.
- Responsible for logical and physical modeling per business requirements using Erwin r9.
- Worked with ERwin model mart.
- Analyzing source data sets to capture Meta Data, Data Formats and Data Types.
- Also responsible for creating, documenting and maintaining the metadata.
- Reviewed the existing database to propose necessary changes.
- Responsible for physical modeling per database and performance requirements.
- Generated the DDL Scripts by forward engineering the physical model and Interacted with the DBA to implement the physical database.
- Responsible for migrating the data and data models from SQL server environment to Oracle 10g environment.
- Interacted with the business team to clarify the requirements.
- Responsible for oversight of the Data Architecture and Data models.
- Participated in High Level Detail design ETL review.
- Created Source to Target mappings and Transformations.
- Worked closely with the ETL SSIS Developers to explain the complex Data Transformation using Logic.
- Create and load Staging and Dimensional databases usingSSIS.
- Extensively worked on the naming standards which incorporated the enterprise data modeling standards and generated reports to verify the model against the pre-defined enterprise standards.
- Create and deploy reports using SSRS.
- Designed the physical model for implementing the model into oracle 10g physical data base.
Environment: Erwin r9, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server Analysis Services 2008, SSIS 2008, SSRS 2008, Oracle 10g, Business Objects XI, Rational Rose, Data stage, MS Office, MS Visio
Sr. Data Modeler/Analyst
- Developed a Conceptual model using Erwin based on requirements analysis.
- Produced functional decomposition diagrams and defined logical data model.
- Designed a logical data model using database tool Erwin r8.0.
- Used forward engineering to create a Physical Data Model with DDL, based on the requirements from the Logical Data Model.
- Conducted team meetings and Joint Application Design (JAD) session.
- Used ER Studio to create logical and physical data models for enterprise wide OLAP system.
- Conducting the meetings with business users to gather data warehouse requirements.
- Gathered requirements and created use case diagrams as part of requirements analysis.
- Worked with the Business Analyst, QA team in their testing and DBA for requirements gathering, business analysis, testing and project coordination.
- Used Erwin for reverse engineering to connect to existing database and ODS to create graphical representation in the form of Entity Relationships and elicit more information.
- Created Physical data models using forward engineering.
- Identified the Facts and Dimensions.
- Identified and tracked the slowly changing dimensions and determined the hierarchies in dimensions.
- Worked with ETL teams and used Informatica Designer, Workflow Manager and Repository Manager to create source and target definition, design mappings, create repositories and establish users, groups and their privileges.
- Generated comprehensive analytical reports by running SQL queries against current databases to conduct data analysis.
- Involved in Data Mapping activities for the data warehouse.
- Developed monthly summary and downstream data marts from enterprise wide databases in accordance with reporting requirements with dimensions like time, customers, services and accounts.
- Developed Star and Snowflake schemas based dimensional model to develop the data warehouse.
- Facilitated in developing testing procedures, test cases and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Handled performance requirements for databases in OLTP and OLAP models.
- Worked with ad-hoc reporting using Crystal Reports 9 and T-SQL.
Environment: ERwin r8.0, ER Studio, SQL, SQL Server 2000/2005, Rational Rose, Crystal Reports 9, Windows XP, Oracle 8i, Windows XP/NT/2000.
Sr. Data Modeler
- Interacted with users and business analysts to gather requirements.
- Engaged in business process modeling using UML through Rational Rose.
- Produced Logical Data Models/Physical Data Models.
- Created the calculations based on the reporting needs and the source data available.
- Recognized source systems, their connectivity, related tables and fields and ensure data suitably for mapping.
- Involved with DBA group to create Best-Fit Physical Data Model from the Logical Data Model using Forward engineering using Erwin tool.
- Created Data Migration and Cleansing rules for the Integration Architecture (OLTP, ODS, DW).
- Formed data mapping documents between Legacy and User Interface Systems.
- Produced PL/SQL statement and stored procedures in DB2 for extracting as well as writing data.
- Formed mappings in Informatica to load the data from various sources includes SQL server, DB2, Oracle, Flat files into the Data Warehouse, using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Joiner transformation, Update Strategy, Lookup transformation, Rank Transformations, Expressions, Aggregator, Sequence Generator.
- Used SSRS for database reporting in Microsoft SQL server 2005.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing on the application - resolved issues from the participants, prepared and submitted Test Analysis Reports and participated in Product Readiness Review.
- Produced the documentation of Data Acquisition and Interface System Design.
Environment: ERwin r7.0, Rational Requisite Pro, Data Stage, DB2 UDB, SQL Server, Sybase, Windows NT, Linux, Sun Solaris, T-SQL.