Working experiences in both start - up company and Fortune 100 company. Strong problem solving and analytical skills; goal-oriented and result-driven; ability to work effectively under pressure with changing priorities and deadlines; ability to work as a team member as well as independently.
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access, Big Data Hadoop, PL/SQL, ERwin, ETL (DTS)
Data warehouse: Fact table, Dimension table, Cube, Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, OLAP
Programming Language: Java, C, Oracle, Pro*C, Perl, Unix Shell Script
Software: Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence (Webi), Tableau, Crystal Xcelsius, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), Analysis Service (SSAS), Reporting Service (SSRS), Visual Studio, MS Visio
Business Intelligence Developer
- Gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements and data specifications.
- Working closely with the management team to understand their requirements to create meaningful KPI reports.
- Creating ad-hoc reports as well as managing on-going projects.
- Soliciting feedback to make the reports more useful and valuable for business needs.
- Developing Tableau visualization worksheets, dashboards and stories to help managers make decisions.
- Creating charts, maps, and coloring elements.
- Customizing data with filters, parameters, hierarchies, sets, groups and LOD calculation fields.
- Creating reference lines, predictive trend lines and forecasting for data analysis.
- Using Tableau Performance Recording to view the Timeline,Events, and Query and diagnose the performance issues.
- Granting user/group view permissions.
- Managing projects/workbooks/views folders. Presenting visualization and analytical findings to technical/non-technical audiences.
- Writing user manual, providing technical support to end users.
- Using Microsoft SQL Server BI to ETL data, build OLAP cubes and create reports.
- Extract, transform and load data from non-SQL server database, such as Oracle, into SQL server database by SSIS.
- Creating packages for the ETL process; scheduling to run ETL package, sending automatic notification on failure.
- Using SSAS to create dimensions, measures, and cubes. Defining KPIs with MDX.
- Using SSRS to create drill down reports, sub reports with static or dynamic parameters.
- Configuring and administering reporting server; managing reports categories, user accounts.
- Creating reports using Crystal Reports. Enhancing reports with charts. Writing SQL stored procedures. Creating reports based on stored procedures or database. Building advanced reports using main reports and sub-reports. Generating drill-down reports to provide detailed information under a summary report.
- Using Business Objects Designer to define universes; creating dimensions and measures objects; creating Business Objects reports with WEBI.
- Creating and administrating SQL Server databases and MS Access databases. Using Excel spread sheet to analyze data; building formulas and functions to calculate data. Creating pivot table reports; enhancing reports with charts.
Business Intelligence Developer
- Administrated the Business Objects reporting server from installing software, configuring reporting server.
- Used Business Objects Central Management Console (CMC) to organize reports folders/objects, manage reports users/groups.
- Provided technical support to end users.
- Troubleshot existing reports. Scheduled reports running on weekly and monthly basis. Sent reports by email in PDF, excel or word formats.
- Worked as a full life cycle BI developer - design, develop, test, documentation and user support. Wrote SQL queries, created stored procedures and views.
- Created reports based on either data warehouse or relational database. Administrated SQL Server Reporting Server; ETL data using SSIS.
- Managed database users, including creating new users; modifying existing users; managing roles; granting and revoking privileges.
- Created Job, scheduled the frequency of the Job and sent notifications using Alert.
Business Intelligence Consultant
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Worked in the patent department with Confidential lawyers, consulting law firms, scientists, management team, IT managers and IT developers.
- Collected requirements from business users; analyzed data and designed reports; solicited end users’ feedback on the draft reports; updated reports to meet users’ requirements.
- Interacted with a third party docketing system to pull data and run reports in support of the patents group.
- Wrote and executed a number of ad hoc SQL queries to address data needs from patent attorneys.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Developed database packages, functions, store procedures and triggers.
- Worked with clients to determine requirements and conducted system analysis and data modeling.
- Generated report using Crystal Report. Enhanced reports with charts.
- Designed, developed and tested commercial warehouse databases and reporting system, including Customer Satisfaction database, Training database, Equipment Tracking database, etc. Involved in user meetings to gather requirements, analyzed and documented business requirements and data specifications.