Seeking a leadership role as a data science leader and innovator, offering skilled hands - on statistical modeling, project & people management, mentoring, and strategic direction. Experienced in building & growing analytic teams in varying stages of maturity.
Leadership: Organizational development, team and talent management, statistical & machine learning techniques.
Analytics: Marketing analytics, risk/loss modeling, operations research, text analytics
Techniques: Classification and regression modeling, predictive modeling, data mining, clustering, text mining, association rules, time series, big data, uplift/net-lift modeling.
Presentations: A track record of public presentations and papers communicating technical topics to non-technical audiences.
Tools: Python, R, SAS, JMP, SQL, H2O, Hadoop, Spark, SparkML, & other modeling tools/environments, scripting tools, etc.
Sr. Director Science
- Directed the Science team in the use of modern model management, governance & reporting. Implementing a modern model governance infrastructure & procedures.
- Lead and created modeling projects in homeowners risk modeling & ratemaking.
- Directed and conducted modeling projects in financial research in customer behavior in stable value mutual funds.
- Combined predictive models with computer vision applications & machine learning applications for automobile physical damage detection.
- Implemented a number of new data science technologies at Confidential Science including H2O, dataRobot, & Domino Data Labs.
Principal Data Scientist/Director
- Organized and taught a machine learning/analytic modeling team - growing quickly from zero to thirty analysts directly out of school.
- Building a dynamic company-wide Data Science team utilizing Apache Hadoop, Open Source R, Revolution R and SAS big data analytics.
- Implemented predictive models for claims, provider fraud, medicare marketing.
- Began in-house marketing modeling capabilities from scratch - leading projects from design to execution to implementation for wide variety of B2B and D2C marketing analytic applications.
- Eg. response, conversion, retention, cross-sell, etc. analytic models with multi-million dollar annual measured impact.
- Helped build in-house direct marketing capabilities from the ground up.
Director, Travelers Claim Research Department
- Directed analytical research projects from business problem definition, to project design, EDA, statistical modeling & review to implementation and ongoing support.
- Managed and directed Fraud analytics/modeling team effort.
- Other projects were on a wide variety of claim applications, including GL loss severities, WC durations, etc.
- Built Confidential analytics first successful analytic product development - a location based homeowner’s risk model.
Insurance Solutions Architect
- Conducted pre-sales demonstrations & demo development for the SAS Financial Services division, consulting with insurance, banking, & investments customers nationwide.
Director, Claims Research & Specialty Departments
- Directed the Claims Research Department for Confidential 's commercial and personal lines.
- Research projects managed include:
- Workers' Compensation medical / indemnity outcome profiling, claim duration modeling cost reserve forecasting care management scoring.
Director, Quantitative Methods
- Directed the development of quantitative methods and analysis of the Personal
- Lines Research Department with quantified impact in several areas introduction of credit modeling to personal auto risk, the application of generalized linear models applied to loss modeling or class plan analysis, market segmentation analysis and organizational research projects.