Financial Manager, ERP Consultant, Project Accountant with 25 years of financial, systems change, and operational management. Positive, key facilitator with solid business acumen. Effective leadership, collaboration and time management skills. Excellent communicator. Consulting since 2013. Seeking direct hire or stable consulting opportunities.
SKILLS HIGHLIGHTS SOFTWARE:
Full cycle implementations
Process Improvement & Optimization
Business Analysis/Software Solutions
Corporate Finance and Accounting, including Consolidations
Budgeting and Forecasting
NetSuite including One World
Adaptive - Advanced Connection
SAP (FI, CO, GL, MM) SRM
Expert Excel including pivots, lookups
Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Full month end close
GAAP & IFRS reporting standards
Financial Analysis and Explanation
Cost savings and control initiatives
Creative reporting solutions
Chart of Accounts revision
Business Requirements Documentation
Mapping & Data Migration
Technical Analysis and Design
Sales and Distribution
Confidential, Farmington Hills, MI
Financial NetSuite Optimization Consultant
- Improved client-facing reports process, distilling data and reducing time, data and employees involved.
- Developed saved search for integration of NetSuite to Power BI
- Dashboard development
- Concur connection
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
Financial NetSuite/Adaptive Optimization Consultant
- Reporting to VP of Finance, managed optimization projects including enhanced connection of Netsuite to Adaptive; engineering structure, modeling levels, dimensions, attributes, custom formulas, mappings/loaders/tasks in Data Designer.
- Created custom reports in NetSuite and Adaptive, created saved searches, customized screen fields, roles and preferences.
Confidential, Farmington Hills, MI
NetSuite Implementation Consultant
- Managed entire conversion to NetSuite for Finance Director. From development of improved chart of accounts through optimization of outputs, dashboards, budget loads and reports.
- Manipulated and mapped data FY2012-date for 12 entities and migrated data, reconciling all GL transactions.
- Post go-live, took role for 9 months as Senior Financial Coordinator. Functional user for 3 companies.
Confidential, Canton, MI
ERP/Operations Analysis, consultant
- Managing finance projects for high growth toy company.
- Developed financial models for labor budgeting and forecasting.
- Various Ad Hoc reports and analysis for CFO, Controller, HR.
- Assisting with ERP move from Great Plains to Oracle.
- Automating and mapping payroll and expense reporting to new GL.
- Streamlining processes, developing HRIS.
- Merged payroll and labor reporting processes for multiple acquisitions and automated reports with payroll source to speed monthly reporting package to EMT. Responsible for headcount reports and temp labor statistics during explosive growth.
- Accomplished a paperless payroll and paid time off system, with ADP company website for all employees with self-service features.
- Implemented Concur expense reporting software, 60 users, in three weeks. Trained users, developed reports.
Confidential, Southfield, MI
Assistant Controller, consultant
- Performing Assistant Controller functions including monthly journal entries, maintaining monthly spreadsheets and reconciliations.
- Assisting in updating procedures and related documentation.
Confidential, Wixom, MI
- Managed budgets in SAP for this North American subsidiary of global automotive manufacturing supplier.
- Solidified ETC for 80 projects ranging from $50K to $11M, working with 10+ PMs. Monthly EMT presentation, full responsibility for all financial aspects of projects, including financial controls, cockpit charts, tracking of change orders, financial analysis and escalation of issues to EMT.
Confidential, Southfield, MI
- Hired at onset of first acquisition at this startup company, very dynamic role. Set accounting stage for future acquisitions.
- Industry-specific trainings completed via Booke Seminars for highly regulated statutory accounting theory including annual statement preparation.
- Performed journal entries through consolidation and streamlined several processes into a standard format.
- Implementation specialist: data mining, due diligence & assessment. Integration and or takeover of processes.
- Executed chart of accounts overhaul, administered data load, parallel process and go live on new software for Confidential, Inc and Conifer Insurance Company. Process improvement, documentation and subsequent training of others.
- GAAP and Statutory accounting, filings with NAIC, AMBEST & ISO and hosting of 2 annual external audits.
- StoneRiver PTE software administration, cash management, investment accounting, AR reconciliation to Finys underwriting software development assistance, including testing, troubleshooting, and documentation of report specs and testing results.
- Summarized cash activities for EMT and investors.
Confidential, Headquarters in Orlando, FL
Finance Manager and Analyst
- Led preparation of FY08 budget, acted as liaison to Corporate for analytical data and presentation detail.
- Implemented new pricing models and procedures for target business.
- Developed and presented Capital Expenditure requests to Corporate.
- Headed development of invoicing correction, establishing stable revenue basis.
- Managed dissolution of 10-person Troy office in 2008, sole employee chosen to continue
- Nominated for Circle of Excellence award by the president of CHEP Automotive in 2007.
- Achieved unprecedented 100% audit count target on all 130 automotive locations in 2008 and 2009.
- Transitioned entire customer base to automated technology, including audits, contacts and key support data in Siebel and Filenet databases.
- Brought DSO down from an average of 305.6 days to an average of 22.4 days in one year.
Confidential, Troy, MI
- Produced monthly financial statements and ad hoc reports.
- Cash control, ROI and investor analysis.
- Corrected past financial statements
- Tracked all cost and profit sharing data for in corporation into financial statements and negotiations with joint venture partners.
Confidential, Plymouth, MI
Cost and Budget Analyst
- Conversion team member, providing support for 9 plants going live on SAP.
- Coordinated SAP-CO month end close, acted as continuing corporate liaison for 3 plants.
- Led CO security team to develop security levels on all CO transaction codes.
- Supported 20+ users, provided SAP Budget training for $45M expenses across 85 cost centers.
- Set up SAP costing on 75 new products per week, each including aspects of audit, BOM, production versions, rate routings, cost collectors and hierarchy additions.
- Prepared scrap reporting analysis enhancing visibility of loss issues, ultimately resulting in $1.2M savings annually.
Confidential, Redford, MI
Project manager and assistant
- Created immediate interim cash management processes to achieve cash flow.
- Identified accounting needs and assisted in selecting, implementing and supporting the new software environment, networking and managing 23+ users.
- Managed $3.5M inventory, led cycle counts and related data processing, aged and obsolete reviews, monitored inventory control.
- Provided administration of $50k semi-weekly payroll, 401k plan for 30 employees, company insurance and all employee benefit programs.