- Highly accomplished IT professional with over 15 years of experience of managing business development activities and leading information management initiatives for insurance and high - tech companies in Silicon Valley California.
- Proven expertise in utilizing business intelligence tools for complex technical projects combined with outstanding knowledge of business development strategy, project management, and investment portfolio management.
- Proven track record of increasing corporate productivity through the implementation and optimization of information technology infrastructure and management reporting systems.
- Develops strategic direction for the overall technology operations and information systems plan in accordance to organizational budgets and deployment plans.
- Administers all technology operations and evaluates them in accordance to the established goals and analyzes the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs.
Business and IT Planning
- Strategizing, planning, and managing a non-life insurance brokerage firm that has over two decades of a strong partnership with the largest motor insurance carrier in Thailand.
- Developing short and long term strategies and IT initiatives to drive company’s growth, and reach financial objective, as well as setting sales target and driving business growth.
- Planning, managing, supporting, and governing a strong teamwork, including introducing working systems to streamline company’s workflow.
- Administering and rebalancing company’s financial portfolio, managing day to day operations, and preparing an annual operating budget, goals and measuring the firm’s performance.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with major accounts, agents, and direct customers.
- Identifying business opportunities, firm’s target market, and maximizing new business development opportunities.
Confidential, Berkeley, CA
Wealth Management Consultant
- Assisted in managing Multi-class investment portfolio for high-net worth individual
- Implemented a modern portfolio theory by reviewing and improving efficiency of the investor’s rebalancing and re-allocating assets in a complex portfolio.
- Created and maintained Project Portfolio Management template
- Successfully developed and executed a broad investment strategy which entailed working closely with client to develop profile and investment objective.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Business Systems Analyst
- Implemented System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) waterfall methodology.
- Participated from Requirements gathering phase to Project Stabilization phase.
- Requirements Gathering Phase
- Gathered requirements interviewed business SMEs.
- Understood Confidential & Confidential ’s Risk Analysis methodology and identified its needs.
- Documented “to-be” systems with Visio diagrams.
- Co-author Functional Requirements document.
- Performed Gap analysis and identified system impacts.
- Created a RICEF inventory. RICEF (Report, Interface, Conversion, Extension, and Form) inventory was required for resource planning throughout the entire project life cycle.
- Created Technical Design documentations that proposed technical solutions for Confidential & Confidential ’s Risk Management group.
- The documentations described business rules, software features, and database logical design. They also included functional hierarchy diagrams, data flow diagram, User Interface screen layout, business process diagrams, pseudocode, and a complete entity-relationship diagram with a full data dictionary.
- Developed data models which were the extensions of both Confidential & Confidential ’s existing operational database and data warehouse.
- Acted as a liaison between Business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and developers.
- Provided business knowledge for Developers and Testers during build and testing phases.
- Worked closely with developers to ensure that software was built correctly per Technical Design documents.
- Lead Assembly Test team of eight testers. Responsibilities included created test plans, managed resources and timeline. Provided Business background and technical knowledge to testers. Wrote assembly test scripts and reviewed scripts written by testers, facilitated and monitored testing process and its results. Wrote Use Cases, and conducted assembly test.
- Wrote SQL scripts to extract data, then analyzed the dataset during Assembly test phase, Product Test phase, and User Acceptance Test phase.
- Liaison between testers and developers to help locate the causes of defects during Assembly Test phase and Product Test Phase.
- Assisted the testing processes from end-to-end.
- Familiar with Test Director application which was used as a tool to keep tract of defects’ status.
- Assisted IT engineer during performance test.
- Wrote test scripts for performance test, then conducted performance test.
- Wrote SQL scripts to extract, then audited integrity of the data during performance test.
- Trained and assisted business users to use the new software deployed in Product Test environment.
- Wrote SQL scripts to troubleshoot application defects during Product Test phase.
- Troubleshot application defects, audited production data during Project Stabilization phase using SQL scripts.
- Worked with Business Architect to conduct a gap analysis of Confidential & Confidential ’s existing work stream connectivity
- Assisted in upgrade of risk management group’s SAS application
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
HRIS Analyst, EDI Analyst
- Implemented and managed the Electronic Data Interchange for UnumProvident’s web-based application and wrote SQL scripts to extract data from Oracle and SQL Server Databases.
- Created scripts on SQL Analyzer to extract data from SQL Server database.
- Analyzed data to ensure the extracted data was accurate and compliant to the HIPAA law.
- Collaborated with Implementation Manager, engineering team members, and Clients to integrate Employee Self Service enrollment and compensation data to the client’s HRIS and Payroll systems with examples, including Oracle; JD Edward, ADP, and PeopleSoft.
- Audited and troubleshot irregularities of the HRIS files as well as the enrollment files to ensure the integrity and compliance of the data.