- I’m a well - organized, self-motivated, process-driven, result-oriented, and customer-focused professional with extensive experience in all phases of software development life-cycles.
- I am proficient in directing, motivating, and managing large-scale, cross-functional, multidiscipline teams to produce results in fast paced environments.
- I possess abilities to be detail oriented and have the skills to handle multiple projects in all phases from initiation, planning, leadership, communications, scheduling, risk assessment & control, change management, project recovery, through close-out and follow-up.
- Managed a variety of large projects from conception through design, development, implementation, and production support in telecommunication, manufacturing, financial, and health care insurance sectors.
- Served as Project Manager and Technical Manager on many corporate mission-critical projects, strategic project portfolios, and mandated initiatives. Agile Methodology were employed on all projects.
- Extensive hands-on experience in the area of Oracle DBA, Database design, Data Modeling, Business Process Modeling, Oracle Application Administrator, and Unix System Administrator. Managed Data Center, which delivered 7x24 SLA (Service Level Agreement), and led in planning disaster-recovery system architecture in a multi-tier environments.
- Over 20 years of experience in developing real-time applications using 3GL, 4GL, Object Oriented methodology (C, C++, Java, XML, UNIX shell scripting, PRO*C, OCI, PL/SQL, and SQL). Extensive experience in porting existing applications between UNIX platforms (Sun, IBM, HP, and Linux). Product and application development on UNIX and Windows in a variety of technical environments. Managed QA processes, maintenance and control of source code (using variety of source code control software) and subsequent software releases on several different UNIX platforms.
- Worked very closely with the company’s 3 founders and prospective customers to prototype, develop, and market the Data warehouse/Data Management toolset, SmartDB.
Hardware and Operating Systems: Linux, SUN OS, IBM AIX RS6000, HPUX 9000, DEC VAX/VMS, Windows, and Windows NT.
Software and Programming Languages: Planview, Jira, Facets, MS Office, MS Project, Visio, MS Access, Sterling Connect Direct, SAS, SQL, C, C++, PL/SQL, PRO*C, OCI, HTML, Java, XML, Perl, and UNIX Shell Scripting. Very well verse with SOA methodology.
Database Products: IBM Netezza Appliance, Oracle: SQL*Loader, SQL*Net, Developer/Designer 6i-10G, Workflow, Oracle Applications (10-12), AIM methodology. Technical expert in Oracle Application modules: HRMS, GL, FA, INV, BOM, PO, AR, CM, AP, WIP, and OE. Possess an excellent understanding of functional aspects of the Oracle Financial system.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE DETAILS:
Confidential, Kelseyville, California
Solution Data Architect
- Worked with business and IT drivers, and project teams to prepare and execute business case, business plan, manage intake, Rough order of Magnitude (ROM) estimation and demand/ capacity to ensure projects within the program meet cost, resource, environment, schedule, issue/risk management, and other constraints to ensure successful completion of all projects.
- Served as the HEDIS Data Expert on BIS (Business Information System) implementation to create foundational data on the Netezza data stack (Layer 3).
- Supported both business and IT teams with: Data Requirement mapping; Source-to-Target Mapping; Data Modeling review, data gap identification/resolution and management; UAT testing (constructed UAT test cases/scripts) and management. HEDIS data requirements were signed off, successfully interfaced with Inovalon engine, and made ready for HEDIS season in Q1/2018.
- Served as PM, Scrum Master, Business System Analysis, and UAT Manager responsible for business requirements mapping; Source-to-Target Mapping; reviewing Data Modeling, defining data quality business rules; definning data gaps and managing their resolutions; UAT management including multiple UAT cycles, UAT environment, UAT testing (constructing UAT test cases/scripts based on analytics reports) for the following portfolio of enterprise mission critical projects:
- Organized and maintained an ongoing open forum to provide the business communities with IT-related knowledge sharing, technical challenges, tips & tricks specifically related to Netezza/SAS/R technologies, status and direction of enterprise mission critical initiatives, and training when appropriate.
- Provided ongoing advise and consultation to the business teams on new projects, data acquisition needs, and business processes development with solutions and alternative options to ensure alignment with Enterprise strategic Architecture Blue Print and long term Roadmap.
- Serve as the “universal” data steward representing all the data stewards from each data domain at BSC and to be the partner and go-to person for IT. Worked extensively with EDGO (Enterprise Data Governance Office) on all data quality issues relating to BOR and BIS (sources, Layer 2 and Layer 3) as well as data concept definition housed in IGC (Information Governance Catalog). Served as Member of the EDG Committee and Data Steward Council that meet monthly.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Senior Business/IT Project Manager/Scrum Master
- Effectively managed a $2.5 million project with multiple complex work streams and still able to save and give back over $500K to the ICD-10 Program
- Prepared and managed project cost estimate, resource allocation, project timelines, budget tracking, on a weekly status reporting and monthly financial reporting to IT and Business Executives Committees
- Represent both business and IT and made recommendation and decision on their behalf
- Negotiated vendor contracts and SOWs for the best pricing and terms for all work streams out sourced to vendors
- Managed vendors, contractors, consultants, and IT resources on all aspect of SDLC for multiple work streams.
- Employed Lean/Agile methodology (iterative releases) where applicable and canbenefitmultiple work streams in terms of costs, tasks, milestones, and schedules to meet project objectives and timelines
- Prepared project charters/plans and Business Requirements Documents, and planned and coordinated all test phase for all work streams
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Project Manager and Technical Team Leader/Designer/Developer
- Prepare and manage project cost estimates, resource allocations, project timelines, budget tracking, and monthly project reporting to Confidential Executives Committee
- Serve as technical liaison between IT Development Team to other Business, IT, and Project Management Office Teams
- Lead the requirement gathering sessions, comprised of stake holders, business users, and IT units, to capture requirements, translate requirements into technical solutions, propose solutions for reviews and sign-offs
- Prepare project plans, which included full development cycle of analysis, development, testing, cut-over, post production support, and knowledge transitions
- Prepare Solution Design and Technical Design documents
- Performe data modeling for all customized front-end/back-end applications
- Mentore, train, and provide technical assistant to team members (PL/SQL, SQL, Designer/Developer 6i, 9i, 10G, Java, Unix Shell scripting)
- Handle all performance tuning issues (SQL and Applications)
Confidential, Warren, MI
- Reworked and resolved performance issue in existing PL/SQL conversion programs for INV (Items, Item Categories, On Hand Balance, and Item Cost), BOM, and FA
- Reviewed conversion approach and processes and provided solutions to technical issues; and led a system wide implementation with corrective measures to ensure successful conversion processes
- Resolved functional and technical bug related issues and provided work-arounds
- Provided performance tuning for conversion extracts, load & translation programs and built automated conversion processes
- Worked with stakeholders and business users to identify all functional and technical issues related to setup, data, and all technical aspects
- Assisted in UAT and Cutover project planning
- Provided functional and technical production support on FA, INV, and BOM
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Oracle Application Technical Manager
- Served as Project Manager for the HRMS Conversion project to convert PeopleSoft HRMS into Oracle 11i HRMS. Project completed on targeted date (05/04/02). Accomplishments included:
- Led the mapping effort for employees, contacts, phones, addresses, assignments, and benefits data to the Oracle HRMS APIs.
- Prepared project plan for different conversion phases: Unit Testing, Integration Testing, UAT, and Cut-over, which entailed coordinating activities of functional, business users, and Infrastructure/DBA teams
- Helped setup employee’s job and location for converting data
- Helped team member resolve technical challenge in developing loading programs using HR APIs
- Served as Project Manager to successfully implemented Set of Books and Calendar Conversion: Led the effort to convert Oracle 11i (GL, AP, PO, AR, FA, CM, and HRMS) from Calendar Year to Fiscal Year. Project completed smoothly in three weeks time frame to meet the Q1 new Fiscal year requirement;
- Served as Technical Lead on the Oracle Financial systems split for Confidential and Cable & Wireless: Cloned and dropped to build two ERP systems for Confidential (Estate) and Cable & Wireless with the appropriate data as specified and required by Finance business owners. Project completed in 2 weeks on target date
- Worked with Oracle Workflow 2.5 for HR employee Self Service application to customize notifications and created dozens of employee termination alerts in Oracle Human Resources module
- Redesigned, enhanced, and automated AR interfaces to eliminate manual efforts, which reduced month-end reconciliation processes between Portal (Billing system) and Oracle Account Receivables from 10 hrs to 4 hrs. Interface developed in PL/SQL, Java loader script, XML file processing
- Provided all technical and functional Oracle Financials production support for AP, PO, GL, AR, CM, FA, HRMS, and Application DBA (user access, responsibilities, profiles, etc). In addition, mentor and train junior Oracle developers and PeopleSoft developers
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
Oracle Application Technical Expert
- Evaluated R11i upgrade impacts to all existing customized Interfaces as well as possible new Interface requirements in the preparation for the R11i upgrade project
- EDI-828 Account Payable project (AP):
- Developed three EDI programs (Positive Pay, Reverse Pay, and Manual Pay) to transfer Lucent payables information to Wells Fargo Bank. Programs were written in PL/SQL, Unix Shell script, and Connect Direct scripting for file transfer protocol
- Account Receivable Data Warehouse Project (AR):
- Designed, architected, and developed solution that interfaces Oracle AR daily transactions to SAP Data Warehouse. Performed process-tuning and was able to reduce run time from 2 hours to 10 minutes. Solution was delivered on targeted date. Programs were written in PL/SQL, Unix Shell script, and Connect Direct scripting for file transfer protocol. The interface was designed to work with R11 and subsequently, ported to work with R11i for Lucent China Oracle 11i implementation
- R11 Upgrade and Order-to-Cash (OTC) Project:
- Responsible for migrating (coding/testing) all custom finance interfaces to work with R11as well as function in multiple Sets of Books (EURO, US, CHINA)
- Helped architect Interface Servers to use with Connect Direct. Installed, setup, configured, and developed UNIX script to transfer/receive interface files from/to Oracle server
- Finance Production Support:
- Provided technical/functional support on all finance modules during month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing; customized reports as requirements come up using Report 2.5; Data down load/upload on request basis; Sterling Connect Direct support
Confidential, Alameda, CA
Technical Team leader
- Served as Technical Advisor to the Conversion Team
- Trained new conversion team members and Lucent technical staff on conversion processes and tools
- Responsible for all configuration, setup, testing, and implementation of Sterling Connect Direct software
- Provided production support on technical/functional issues for month-end/quarter-end/year-end closing
- Developed the scope of Manufacturing and Distribution conversion requirements
- Estimated resource requirement and recruited qualified resources for conversion tasks
- Trained new developers on conversion tools, processes, and procedures
- Led the Data Mapping effort for all converting requirements
- Led the data cleanup effort for all conversion requirements such as Customer and Vendors
- Facilitated resolution of all conversion issues raised by the Technical, Functional, and Business Users
- Wrote programs to convert the following requirements: Item Master, BOM, Cost, On Hand Balance, Default Locator, ECO history, and Customer using PL/SQL, Unix Shell Script, SmartDB tool, and C programs
- Supported team members in all conversion requirements: technical, processes, and data issues
- Prepared conversion schedules for difference cycles such as: Unit Testing, System Integration Testing, Dry Run, User Acceptance Testing, and Production
- Assisted in preparing Cut-Over schedule and planning
- Provided Post Production support and helped resolve technical issues as needed
- Supported the Ascend Bill-Of-Material Management System (ABMS) interface
- Prepared Conversion Transition packages for all requirements to hand-over technical knowledge to the Ascend IT department