- 14 years of Real time experience on large Data Integration and Business Intelligence Projects.
- Experience with Application Design, Database Design, Data Modeling, Data Conversions, Data Integrations, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Production Support and Project Coordination. Possess extensive experience with relational databases.
- Experience working with various clients ranging from Government (Federal & State), Health Care, Biomedical Services, Utility, Insurance, Pharmaceutical and Communication industries.
- Experience in all phases of the Data Warehouse Lifecycle including Requirements Gathering, System Analysis, Design, Development, and Validation of Data Marts and Data warehouses using SQL, ETL, Data Modeling and Reporting tools.
- 10+ years of source and target analysis, data profiling, data cleanliness, ETL mappings, ETL workflows, and performance tuning using SQL, PLSQL and ETL Tools.
- Experience performing numerous data extraction requests involving SQL scripts
- Expert in writing SQL queries and optimizing the queries in Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Experience working with complex and large data sets.
- Extensive Experience on End - To-End implementation of Data warehouse and Strong understanding of Data warehouse concepts, ETL, Star Schema, Data modeling experience using Normalization, Business Process Analysis, Dimensional Data modeling, FACT & Dimensions tables, Physical & Logical data modeling, ERwin 9.6/7.x/4.5/4.x
- Strong experience in designing the Data models for OLTP & OLAP database system.
- Good experience with Incident/Ticket/Change Management Processes.
- Experience in Ralph Kimball’s Data Warehouse Methodologies using Oracle and SQL Server.
- Strong programming experience in SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL, Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile and Waterfall Software Development methodologies.
- Experience in providing tier two support to all applications and provide assistance to all end users and Identify any issues in production.
- Experience proactively identifying and working collaboratively with stakeholders to resolve data anomalies, data quality, and compliance issues in administrative data Superior customer service skills working proactively and collaboratively with Federal research, compliance, and policy staff and stakeholders to implement and enhance internal and external management reports and public-facing data analysis tools and data sets.
- Hands-on experience in leading all phases of application development including design/data modeling,development,UAT,deploymentandsupport.
- Experience providing Production Support of data solutions, including troubleshooting ETL Production Failures, Status Notifications and on-going support of development activities.
- Experience with Integration as a Service platforms and BI Reporting tools.
- Experience supporting Functional Releases, creating Scope document, Requirement Specification document, Project Timelines, writing Test Case Scenarios to test data and performing Reports Validation during User Acceptance Testing, UAT.
- Experience working with Data Partners such as Verizon (VZB), National Government Services (NGS), Northrop Grumman (NG), General Dynamics (GDIT) and High Point Global (HPG) during the Source Releases and working on Data Source Files and on Trouble Tickets related to Data Quality issues and MicroStrategy Reporting issues.
- Experience in data validation using BI Reporting Tools like MS Power BI, Power Services, MicroStrategy, Cognos, Oracle OBIEE, BI Publisher and Jasper reports to meet the end user requirements. Created various Grid reports, master/detail reports, cross tab reports and charts.
- Experience creating customized MicroStrategy Reports using the MSTR objects and Metrics.
- Extensive experience in Data Analysis and Adhoc Analysis as needed to support project goals.
- Strong experience in data visualization tools for Data Analytics.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 , PostgreSQL 9.5/9.6, MySQL 5.6, IBM DB2 10.5, Oracle 9i/10g/11g/12c, Teradata 10.2, Sybase 12/12.5, Netezza, NoSQL
Data Modeling Tool: ERwin 9.6/7.3/4.x, PowerDesigner 16.0, ER/Studio DA 9.0
ETL/DWH Tools: Informatica PowerCenter 10.2/9.x/8.x, Informatica MDM Hub 9.6.1, SSIS, PDI, DTS, Oracle Data Integrator, ODI
BI/Reporting Tools: MS Power BI, Power BI Service, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, MicroStrategy 9.x/8.x, IBM Cognos 10/8.x, Pentaho, OBIEE 11g, Oracle BI Publisher, SAP BusinessObjects XIR2, SSRS, SAS
Operating Systems: UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX, AIX), Linux, MS Windows NT/2K/2003/XP/7
Utilities: SQL Server Management Studio, pgAdmin 3, IBM Data Studio 4.1.2, Toad, SQL Developer, SQL plus, Rapid SQL, Teradata SQL Assistant 16, Teradata Studio 16, NZSQL, SQL*Loader, DbVisualizer, Navicat
Testing Tools: JIRA 7.0, HP ALM Quality Center 8.2/11 Enterprise Edition, QTP 8.2/9.x/10.x, Test Director
Rational Tools: RUP, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro
Programming: UNIX Shell Scripting, SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, HTML, XML, ASP.NET
Confidential, Washington, DC
BI / Data Warehouse Analyst / Lead
- Shepherd projects through requirements definition, analysis, development, QA and deployment working closely with numerous partner teams and owning responsibility and driving project completion, quality, and timeliness.
- Experience working with Data Strategy team, used extensive SQL to profile data, used scripting to create cleaned, flattened, summarized data sets.
- Created views for BI consumption.
- Worked hand in hand with upstream data sources to learn the location and definition of various data sets.
- Created extracts to pull and transform the data.
- Worked with data stewards to devise strategies for creating new data sets.
- Worked hand in hand with data scientists to prepare data for their needs, creating data sets targeted for specific analyses.
- Experience performing deep-dive and root cause analysis and lead solution development and implementation on change order projects and production issues for existing operational activities.
Environment: MS Power BI, MS Power BI Service, MS SQL Server 2014, Teradata 10.2, SQL Server Management Studio SSMS, Informatica 10.2, Teradata 15, Teradata SQL Assistant 16, Teradata Studio 16, Office 365, MS Teams, Share Point
Confidential, Linthicum Heights, MD
Senior SQL Data Information / BI Analyst
- Responsible for Working with the Business Operations team under the IT Project Management Office (PMO) to provide data analysis related services for the Exchange.
- Experience in Data Transfer Migration, schema, Table and data level validation during Technology migration from IBM DB2 to PostgreSQL.
- Integrate, work with, pilot, and implement solutions across various technologies, databases, and data structures.
- Responsible communicating with MHBE IT team, business team, vendor team and other stakeholders to translate business needs into data sets and solutions.
- Experience in Identifying, analyzing and reporting the bottle necks for long running Informatica batch jobs.
- Extensive experience in converting MS SQL Server Reporting Queries and SSRS reports to PostgreSQL reporting queries.
- Managing existing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports and created new reports to support business functions.
- Coordinated with technical and operational teams to prepare and integrate multiple data sets in various formats to provide insight into Exchange operations.
- Lead data warehousing efforts and performing data analysis as needed across sets of transactional, operational, device, and various other data sources.
- Coordinate with the development team, business operations team and the testing team to analyze, fix, test and pull data sets as needed to address operational needs.
- Extensive experience using Google Analytics, Google Data Studio for data visualization. Created Filters, Scorecards and Dashboards for Escalated Case Management from CRM SalesForce data.
- Experience in automating the PostgreSQL reporting queries to feed data for Dashboard reporting via Google sheets.
- Experience working with State Agencies (Maryland Department of Human Resources, DHR and Maryland Department of Health and Home, MDH for Ad hoc data requests and Reporting requests for MHBE Management and end users.
- Worked on Medicaid MA Reconciliation report for both MAGI and Non-MAGIC Medicaid Consumers.
- Responsible for distribution of weekly and monthly Ad hoc reports to the external stakeholders which included 834 File Delivery reports to the carrier’s Kaiser Permanente and Cigna.
- Experience working with Work Task Management report. Created Pivot tables for Statistical analytics.
- Analyzed processes, associated data sources and data to provide contextual understanding of business goals, inputs, and outputs. Using this understanding, develop process intelligence, transactional, and business intelligence solutions.
- Additional duties included business process development, EDI error analysis, solution architecture, statistical analysis, dashboard development, query analysis, troubleshooting, data architecture, and documentation.
- Experience using JIRA to log the defects and track the project activities.
- Mentored junior staff through project life-cycle and provided guidance in day-to-day tasks.
Environment: HBX Consumer & Worker Portal, IBM DB2 11.x, IBM Data Studio 4.4, PostgreSQL 9.5 / 9.6, pgAdmin 3, MS SQL Server 2012/ 2014, SQL Server Management Studio SSMS, SSRS, MySQL 5.6, MongoDB, Informatica 9.6.1/10.2, MS Access, Google Suite, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Citrix ShareFile, CRM Salesforce, EmEditor, Sail Point 7.0, SVN
Confidential, Linthicum Heights, MD
Senior SQL BI / Data Analyst
- Interacted directly with client stakeholders who are in business and/or technical roles.
- Analyzed the IBM Case Manager properties and designed the DB2 Stage and ODS tables pertaining to all Record Types for both Medicare and Medicaid programs. Designed and developed the ETL solutions for UCM Reporting.
- Created DB2 SQL Scripts to Refresh the UCM Reporting Dimensions from IBM Case Manager Reference tables.
- Involved in analyzing the source data coming from different Data Sources
- Performed Data Analysis and Data Quality Checking.
- Defined key facts and dimensions necessary to support the business requirements.
- Served as the primary point of contact for all development tasks.
- Provided thought leadership on business intelligence and data warehouse design concepts and leading practices.
- Responsible for technical architecture creation, product selection tasks, overall technical strategy for the project, and design of the system infrastructure
- Experience in articulating business requirements and documenting with the ability to conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and perform post production validation of solution implemented.
- Acts as liaison between business area and technical support teams to ensure all parties have complete understanding of the change related requirements, solution and timelines.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems, assimilate information rapidly, and work under time constraints.
- Analyze business requirements and translate them into functional and high-level technical design specifications.
- Participated in Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and other technical meetings to provide status or input as needed.
- Lead and support Agile status meetings, analyze Systems Change Requests (SCRs), System Incident Reports (SIRs), and Technical Advances (TAs).
- Designed and developed the UCM Reporting Loading Strategy. Created Control Table for Full and Delta loads.
- Applied Data Governance rules (primary qualifier, class words and valid abbreviation in Table name and Column names).
- Involved in capturing Data Lineage, Table and Column Data Definitions, Valid Values and others necessary information in the data models.
- Responsible performing the data profiling for Source and Target Systems.
- Profile existing databases to thoroughly understand all data.
- Collaborated and coordinated with consultants, engineering, architecture and other teams to ensure that integration requirements and data quality are addressed.
- Followed established account / client standards that may include, but are not limited to, enforcing referential integrity and following cleansing and purging requirements.
- Experience in creating DB2 Stored Procedures to extract, transform and load data to Reporting Fact tables from ICM stage tables.
- Prepared Unit Test documents and performed the Positive and Negative testing.
- Responsible for supporting Functional, Integration or System testing, and UAT. Supported implementation of solution into production.
- Created Test Case Scenarios to be used in testing the data and MicroStrategy reports, monitoring/overseeing the testing of business applications to verify that all client requirements are incorporated into the system design.
- Responsible for Troubleshooting and performing Root Cause Analysis, RCA on the Trouble Tickets pertaining to ETL data issues and MicroStrategy Reporting issues.
- Created and maintained design and production system documentation.
- Experience in validation of data from ICM Case Manager to UCM Reporting for both Medicare and Medicaid programs.
- Experience using IBM Rational Team Concert, RTC to log the defects and track the project activities.
Environment: Erwin 9.6, IBM Case Manager, IBM DB2 10.5, IBM Data Studio 4.1.2, SQL, PLSQL, MicroStrategy 9.5, IBM Notes 9, Share Point 2013, WINSCP 5.6, Text Editor, IBM Rational Team Concert, Windows 7
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
Senior SQL Data Information Analyst
Environment: ERwin 9.6, Oracle 11g/12c, SQL Server 2012, Informatica PowerCenter 9.6.1/8.6.1 , Cognos 10(Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio), SQL Developer, Share Point 2010, Remedy BMC 11.0, WINSCP 5.6, Text Editor, JIRA Software 6.3, Windows 7
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SQL Data Analyst
Environment: ERwin 9.0, Oracle 11g, DB2, SQL Developer, Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher 11g, Informatica PowerCenter 9.6.1, Informatica MDM Hub 9.6.1, Informatica Data Validation Client, Share Point 2010, WINSCP 5.6, Text Editor, IBM Rational Team Concert, IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation, Windows 7