- Around 7+ years of experience of IT experience which includes Analysis, design, development, Testing and Implementation of complete Software development life cycle and all aspects of gathering Business Requirements.
- More than 4+ years of Experience in working with TABLEAU components such as Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Tableau Reader, Tableau Online.
- Extensive experience in working with Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau 9.0,8.1,8.0, Tableau 7 and Tableau 6..
- Worked with Business Partners and Data Analysts to understand teh business needs and analytics requirements
- Participated in review and requirement gathering sessions with business partners.
- Educated teh team members on best practices around Tableau Driven Implementations.
- In - depth noledge on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Viewer and Tableau Server.
- Strong noledge in various reporting objects like Attributes, Hierarchies, Transformations, Filters, Prompts, Calculated fields, Sets, Groups, Parameters etc.
- Experience in migrating all teh reports, dashboards from Tableau 8.0 to Tableau 9.0.
- Expertise on tools likeToad, Autosys, and SQL Server Management Studio and involved in Unit testing, Functional testing and User Acceptance testing on UNIXandWindowsEnvironment.
- Expertise onInformatica Mappings, Mapplets, Sessions, WorkflowsandWork letsfor data loads.
- Experience inPerformance TuningofTargets, Sources, Sessions, Mappings and Transformations.
- Built interactive dashboard using techniques like guided analytics and visual best practices provided by Tableau.
- Effective Ability to create CustomTableaureports using SQL and advancedTableaumapping.
- Expertise in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems Including normalization, stored procedures, constraints, querying, joins, keys, indexes,dataimport/export, triggers and cursors.
- Extensive experience in using Tableau functionalities for creating different Requests, Filters, Charts, Interactive Dashboards with page and dashboard Prompts.
- Experience in creating different visualizations using Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, Bullets, Heat maps and Highlight tables.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and administrationof Tableau Server in amulti-serverandmulti-tierenvironment.
- Introduced Tableau to Client? to produce different views of data visualizations and presenting dashboards on web and desktop platforms to End-user and halp them make effective business decisions.
- Created Dashboard? using multiple BI Tools with Drill-Down capabilities using Dashboard prompts, Local and Global Filters.
- Experience in Administering user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Experience in Tableau Server 8, online publishing, Sharing and Tableau online.
- Extensively worked with Administration Tool to customize teh RPD in all teh layers Physical, BMM and Presentation Layers.
- Expertise in Business Model development with Dimensions, Hierarchies, Measures, Partitioning, Aggregation Rules, Time Series, Cache Management.
- Expertise in Creating Dynamic Dashboards and Reports using Prompts, Filters, Calculations, Conditional Formatting and Drill down Properties.
- Extensive experience in building and administering teh metadata repository and front end reports in answers/dashboards for both standalone and integrated Siebel Analytics applications
- Strong experience in setting up a Multi-User Development Environment (MUDE)
- Created session & repository Variables to achieve desired functionality.
Business Intelligence: Tableau9.0/8.2/8.1/7.0,BIPublisher,SiebelAnalytics7.8
ETL Tools: Informatica5.1/6.2/8.6.1 (Power Center), Oracle SQL developer.
Databases: MSSQL2008/2005/2000, MS Access, IBM Netezza, Oracle9i, Oracle10gand 11g
Tools: Toad, SQL*plus, DAC, Auqadata Studio
Operating Systems: Windows 7 vista/XP/2000/NT/9x, MS-DOS, UNIX, Solaris, LINUX.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, Java
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, XHTML
Data Modeling: ER Diagram, Entities, Attributes, Cardinality, Relational Modeling
Physical Modeling: Logical Modeling, Dimensional Modeling (Star Schema, Snow-Flake, FACT, Dimensions)
Confidential West Des Moines, IA
- Deep experience with teh design and development of Tableau visualization solutions.
- Background in installing and upgrading of Tableau server and server performance tuning for optimization.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps.
- Created Heat Map showing current service subscribers by color dat was broken into regions allowing business user to understand teh customer distribution and density.
- Projected and forecasted future growth in terms of number of subscribers based on upgrading to LTE by developing Area Maps to show details on which states were connected teh most.
- Converted charts into Crosstabs for further underlying data analysis in MS Excel.
- Created Bullet graphs to determine profit generation by using measures and dimensions data from Oracle, MS SQL Server and MS Excel.
- Defined and created procedures to install Tableau desktop in silent mode.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Extensively used Tab admin and Tab commands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository
- Taken Care of Catalog migration and RPD Deployment.
- Used Netezza Auqadata Studio for Data Validation of teh Dashboards and Query Scripts for Better understanding of data flow and calculation of teh Metrics.
- Troubleshoot existing import/export processes to increase efficiencies and develop solutions.
- Support and conduct Root Cause Analysis on existing ETL processes to detect and correct issues with supplied data sources.
- Perform data analysis and research and farm and mine data from both a technical and business point of view.
Environment: Tableau Server v8/v9, Tableau Desktop v8/v9, Oracle11g, SQL*PLUS, Netezza Auqadata Studio, UNIX, Windows XP and windows 7
Confidential Naperville IL
Tableau Developer/Data Analyst
- Involved in reviewing requirements and data sources form MS Excel and MS Access for design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects within Tableau Desktop.
- Migrated existing Micro strategy Reports to Tableau workbooks.
- Created Tableau extract files for improving teh performance.
- Worked as technical architect in developing strategy, architecture, and technical specifications for implementing reporting portal/semantic layer in conjunction with data layer.
- Created and assisted users in Tableau dashboard development
- Administered and provided production support for CHOP Enterprise wide Tableau application consisting of multiple key functional business domains.
- Participated in building and visualizing dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Used Tableau visualization software to generate Tableau combination dashboards.
- Created views inTableauDesktop dat were published to internal team for review and further data analysisand customization using filters and actions.
- Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes. Groups, hierarchies, Sets to create detail level summary report and Dashboard using KPI's.
- Gathered user requirements, analyzed and designed software solution based on teh requirements.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Data Modelers and defined Mapping documents and Design process for various Sources and Targets.
- Occasionally worked on Congo's reports and promotion of reports.
Environment: TableauDesktop 7.0/8.1,TableauServer,MS Office Suite,Oracle SQL ServerR2, MS Excel, Oracle11g, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, SQL*Loader, TOAD, UNIX, Windows XP and windows 7
Confidential, Englewood, CO
- Created Tableau worksheet which involves Schema Import, Implementing teh business logic by customization.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling usingTableauserver.
- Involved in creating dashboards and reports in Tableau 6.1
- Created report schedules on Tableau server
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau. Installed patches on server and documented upgrade plan form Tableau 6.0 to Tableau 6.1
- Involved in requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, change management, Developed backup restore scripts for SQL Server as needed
- Sequence Generator, Filter, Router, Joiner, Lookup, Expression, Update Strategy and Aggregator.
- Created Presentation catalogs, and Folders in Presentation Layer, and Performed Global Consistency Check in Oracle BI Administration Tool.
- Configured and Scheduled Sessions and Workflows.
- Exclusively Involved in Unit Testing, Peer Testing & Regression Testing.
- Worked on multiple folders at time to meet teh dead lines of teh tasks.
- Designed and developed logical model in BMM in Repository.
- Worked using Catalog Manager to migrate Web Catalog from Instance to Instances.
- Imported and Exported Execution Plan in DAC from one Instance to other Instance.
Environment: Tableau 6.0/6.1, Informatica 8.1.0, DAC 7.9.4, SQL*PLUS, SQL*Loader, TOAD, UNIX and Windows XP.
Business Object Developer
- Requirements and data specifications for Business Objects Universes and Reports.
- Working on teh SQL tuning and optimization of teh Business Objects reports.
- Designed and maintained complex Universes, resolved loops by creating aliases and contexts.
- Exported teh ad-hoc ready universes for making semantic layer available to teh users.
- Extensively used teh @functions and Aggregate Aware feature. Worked on back end views, tables required by teh business objects universes.
- Created and defined teh Hierarchies for various reports based on teh Business rule of teh Organization Involved in gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements, functional.
- Troubleshoot errors for reports, dashboards, and universes. Fixed them to work as per teh business needs.
- Created complex reports by linking data from multiple data providers and functionalities like Union Queries, Drill Down, Master Detail, Custom Sorts etc.
- Extensively worked with Ranks, Alerter, filters, prompts, variables and calculation contexts in designing reports.
- Extensive testing and migrating teh reports or objects from development to Production system.
- Developed testing scripts and test cases.
Environment: SAP ECC 6.0, SAP BI 7.0, SAP BO XI 3.1 & X Celsius 2008
- Understand and evaluate UNIX, SQL and or Data Modeling.
- Design and develop T-SQL procedures, query performance tunings and SSIS packages.
- Develop underlying data models and databases.
- Develop, manage and maintain data dictionary and or metadata.
- Ensure compliance of standards and conventions in developing programs.
- Design, develop and implement complete life cycle of data warehouses.
- Translate business requirements into software applications and models.
- Resolve and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Perform and execute data extraction, transformation and loading using ETL tools.
- Maintain and manage all versions of data models for production, testing and developing databases.
Environment: Oracle 9i, SQL SERVER, Flat Files, SQL, PL/SQL, Windows NT.