- Overall 8+ years of experience in in Data Ware Housing, Business Intelligence applications in various domains like banking, healthcare, pharmaceuticals etc.
- 4+ yearsExtensive experience in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Tableau Reader, Tableau Public in various versions of Tableau 9.x/8.x/7.x/6.x.
- Involved inRequirements gathering/analysis,Design, Development, TestingandProduction rollover of Reporting and Analysis projects
- Highly Proficient in Agile, Test Driven, Iterative, Scrum and Waterfall software development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Organized numerous Joint Application developments (JAD), Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP), Interviews, workshops and Requirement Elicitation sessions with end - user/clients/stake holders, Subject Matter Experts and the technology group.
- Proficient in documentation of business requirements and system functional specifications
- Expertise in designing and creating various analytical reports and Dashboards to help users to identify critical KPIs and facilitate strategic planning in the organization.
- Proficient in design and development of various dashboards/ reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like Bar Graphs, Scatter Plots, Pie-Charts, Geographic Maps ( Symbol Maps & Filled Maps), Heat Maps, Bubble Charts, Funnel Charts, Circle Views, Area Charts, Histogram, Box & Whisker Plot, Line (Dual & Discrete) and Highlight Tables making use of actions, other context,local and global filters according to the end user requirement.
- Experience in deployment of tableau by laying the architecture by using suitable deployment model, creating security levels for users, looking after the system administration, ensuring the best practices for optimal use of the system.
- Good knowledge on Java Script API and Asp.Net Web application integration with Tableau.
- Extensively used tabadmin and tabcmdcommands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
- Experience in configuration of backgrounds jobs, scheduling of the extract refresh activity, troubleshooting failed refresh activity, monitoring dashboards performance on tableau server.
- Extensive knowledge in various reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Transformations, filters, prompts, calculated fields, Sets, Groups, Parameters etc., in- Tableau.
- Experienced in using Normalization and De-Normalization techniques.
- Have been working with various data sources such as Oracle, SQL Server, Hadoop, ODBC and flat file sources.
- Experience working with Data Sourcing, Data Mapping, Data Profiling and Data Mining.
- Strong understanding of Data warehouse concepts, ETL, Star Schema, Snowflake, data modeling experience using Normalization,Business ProcessAnalysis, Reengineering, Dimensional Data modeling, FACT and dimensions tables, physical and logical data modeling
- Good experience in Data Warehouse development starting from inception to implementation and ongoing support, Strong understanding of BI application design and development principles.
- Expertise in System Analysis Development and Quality Assurance including Functional, Regression, Integration, System and Performance Testing of Client/Server and Web based Applications.
- Exceptional communication, co-ordination and interpersonal skills. Can establish & maintain communications at all levels between technical and non-technical personnel of all ages and backgrounds.
Reporting Tools: Tableau 9.x/8.x/7.x/6.x ( Desktop/Server/Mobile/Public), SSRS, Cognos
ETL tools: Informatica, MS SQL Server Integration Services
Databases: Teradata, Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB/400, MS Access
Database tools: SQL Enterprise Manager, TOAD, Teradata SQL Assistant
Applications: Microsoft Office, ProClarity, AdobePhotoshop7, Adobe Illustrator, MS Visio
Languages: C, C++, HTML, XML SQL, PL/SQL T-SQL, VB
Web Tools: MS-Front Page, Dream Weaver
Data Modeling Tools: Power Designer, Erwin, ER Studio, MS Visio
Design/Version Control: UML, Rational rose
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 , Windows 98/2000/XP/VISTA/7, OS 400
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Tableau Developer / Sr. Data Analyst
- Worked closely with the business users to identify various KPI’s and designed solutions to enhance business decision-making.
- Actively involved as part of a team for gathering and analyzing the needs of End User Requirement and System Specifications
- Developing and maintaining high level overview of the data flows using MS Visio
- Developed and modified Business Intelligence analytical reports/ dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Analyzed user and business requirements attended periodic meetings for changes in the application requirements and documents.
- Created rich dashboards using Tableau dashboard and prepared user stories to create compelling dashboards to deliver actionable insights.
- Utilized Tableau visual analytics and best practices like Dashboard structure, view orientation, Sizing and Layout, Data Emphasis, Highlighting, Color, Fonts, Tooltips, and performance improvement of complex dashboards/reports
- Created various reports like Master/Detail reports, Cross Tab reports, slice and dice reports, and drill down reports, Charts using Freehand SQL and Stored Procedure as data providers.
- Designed and developed very complex Dashboards using Tableau using the drill down, drill across, actions for business steering committee.
- Connected Tableau server to publish dashboard to a central location for portal integration.
- Advanced analytics using data blending, context filters, date filters, sorts and analytics.
- Connected Tableau server with share-point portal and setup auto refresh feature.
- Extensively involved in doing user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Provided analytical solutions for the large problems into smaller units and reported graphically using various charts to display same dataset in different views.
- Performed SQL filters and UI formatting in tableau reports.
- Troubleshooting critical production issues and resolving integration issues.
- Preformed Data mining for the identification of unusual data records or data errors that require further investigation.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.Extracted data from various sources (SQL Server, Oracle, text files and excel documents), used ETL load scripts to manipulate, concatenate and clean data.
- Generated the test plan specifying an overview of testing approach, testing strategy, roles, responsibilities and its scope.
- Created Test Scripts, Test hierarchy to represent the features and functionality that need to be test in the application.
- Performed Parallel Testing or Production Testing, which ensures that the new system will perform correctly in a production environment and interface correctly with other production systems.
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
Sr.Tableau Developer / Sr. Data Analyst
- Identifying and gathering user requirements and business requirements from different groups, end users for developing reports.
- Actively participated in interaction with users, team lead, DBA’s and technical manager to fully understand the requirements of the system.
- Participate in the Business and Specifications requirements gathering sessions and convert it into Design specifications. The Design specifications ranges from High level Design to Application level designs and (Cross) Application Interface agreements specifications.
- Performed Analysis of Reference Data, Data sets and Asset classes in order to bring data into the central repository.
- Worked extensively with MS Visio and Rational tools to document requirements
- Designed and developed Tableau Dashboards for critical Projects, i.e. CEO Scorecard & OBIEE to Tableau Reports Conversion.
- Extensively used advance chart visualizations in Tableau like Dual Axis, Box Plots, Bullet Graphs, Tree maps, Bubble Charts, Water Fall charts, funnel charts etc., to assist business users in solving complex problems.
- Extensive use of Actions to filter and pass parameters using URL to navigate to website.
- Performing yearly analysis and business risks using different line charts.
- Analyzing the daily and weekly trends of the market share growth rates and forecasting the future.
- Conducting quality control checks for accuracy of reports generated
- Extensive use of SQL queries for loading data and creating data extracts
- Analyzing the future trends and provide business ideas to manage wealth, investments.
- Designed Ad-Hoc reports across various verticals as per the Business Users requirements.
- Analyzing the customer retention details based on regions and market segments using bar charts and tree maps.
- Handled Tableau admin activities granting access, managing extracts and Installations.
- Have extensively used Tableau functions like Data Blending, Custom SQL, Interactivity, and Chart types, Navigation, Images and Parameters in this process.
- Prepared ETL design document which consists of the database structure, change data capture, Error handling, restart and refresh strategies
- Performed Data Mapping between the data sources.
- Have used Custom SQL, Aggregate and Analytical functions to extract the required Contracts/Opportunities data for reports and dashboard development.
- Generated tableau dashboards for sales with forecast and reference lines.
- Integration of tableau reports with web application and viewing reports online.
- Created ad-hoc SQL queries for end user reports, executive management reports.
Environment: Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, Crucible, TFS, Product Studio, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Microsoft Office Suite ( Word, Excel, Power Point).
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Worked with Business Analyst and the Business users to understand the user requirements, layout, and look and feel of the application to be developed.
- Data blending implemented on different sources and generated interactive dashboards.
- Performing joins to combine data from SQL and Oracle by performing relevant mapping.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Utilized advance features of Tableau software like to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Generated Dashboards with Quick filters, Parameters and sets to handle views more efficiently.
- Created Custom Hierarchies to meet the Business requirement in Tableau.
- Created Workbooks and dashboards for analyzing statistical billing data using Tableau 8.0
- Created ER Diagrams for the database design and converted to Relation model using MS Visio.
- Involved in gathering requirements and creating business scenarios to identify primary KPIs
- Create, customize & share interactive web dashboards in minutes with simple drag & drop method and access dashboards from any browser or tablet.
- Connect to Oracle directly, created the dimensions, hierarchies, and levels on Tableau desktop.
- Involved in project planning, estimate meetings and coordinated with different teams to manage the project requirements for Tableau Development and Deployment
- Used excel sheet, flat files, CSV files to generated Tableau adhoc reports.
- Analyzed the source data and handled efficiently by modifying the data types.
- Installation of Tableau Server, Importing Users from Active Directory
- Creation of users, groups and assigning roles to users.
- Monitoring server status and managing all the scheduled extracts for Server.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, SSRS, HP ALM, MS Visio, SVN, Oracle 10g
Confidential, Greensboro, NC
Tableau Developer/ Administrator
- Working on the POC (Proof of Concept) for the Tableau 7x product.
- Hands-on analysis, design and development of reporting dashboards and parameterized and cross tabular reports.
- Experience in extracting, transforming, analyzing, visualizing, and presenting data from diverse business areas in novel and insightful ways to enable business executives to take informed action.
- Create PDF push reports and setup email distribution on Tableau server 7.
- Knowledge of Tableau sheet objects and understanding of available functions and properties and Tableau architecture.
- Preserving and/or clearing user selections during tab navigation based upon business need and automation of user actions.
- Understanding of installation, configuration and administration of tableau server and desktop.
- Should have involved in administration (User access, Scheduling, Server configuring.)
- Understanding of the architecture and process of the tableau servers. Performance tuning of the dashboards.
- Published common Tableau reports on Tableau server under appropriate projects.
- Involved in the creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate the permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks.
- Performance administrative and support activities across a multi-environment Tableau infrastructure including security administration, &troubleshoot and performance tuning or deployment issues when required during the implementations.
- Scheduled data extracts on dailybasis to provide most up to date data to the business users for business needs.
- Understanding of Tableau architecture and administration.
- Identify user profiles and design report delivery environment to meet users’ needs.
Environment: Tableau 7x version product stack, Windows, SQL Server 2005,& Excel.
SQL Server Developer
- Team member of the BI module and involved in analysis of business requirements template, decomposition matrix, dimensionality modeling and ETL strategy.
- Understanding the Erwin ER diagrams.
- Utilizing the Kimball- Star/Snowflake schemas and slowly changing dimensions.
- Worked on Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Tools-SQL Server Integration services (SSIS), SQL Server analysis services (SSAS) and SQL Server reporting services (SSRS).
- Responsible for extracting the data from different source feeds like Flat file, XML, OLE DB, and Excel.
- Created packages by using sources, destinations and transformations using SSIS designer.
- Connected to different types of sources to extract data and destinations to load the data using Connection manager.
- Defined the data Sources, data Source views, dimensions, cubes within the Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) Using SSAS.
- Administration and development of data warehouse/data marts and OLAP cubes
- Used Business Intelligence Development Studio, Management Studio for developing SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS.
- Involved in the creation of SSRS reports using with/without wizards.
- Performed parameterized reports, reports bursting, and scorecards.
- Involved in performing drill down the data, calculations, sort the data, add groups, subtotals, and color code the business data exceptions.
- Troubleshooting ETL, OLAP analysis and reporting process failures.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, Windows, MS Office suite, Quality Center, Kiln
SQL Server Developer
- Worked on the project that involved development and implementation of a data warehouse.
- Created Store Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in all the environments for SQL Server 2000.
- Developed DTS Packages to transfer the data between SQL Server and other database and files.
- Scheduled jobs & Re-Scheduled on Production Databases.
- Created report form with Stored Procedure using T-SQL
- Wrote and optimized Triggers, Stored Procedures and Queries in T-SQL.
- Created database objects like tables, views and indexes.
- Created and modified stored procedures, triggers and cursors.
- Gathered requirements and created design plan for the database design and required analysis for generation of reports
- Designed, developed and modified various Reports.
- Managing daily team meetings and involved in the business requirement meetings
- Handled and managed customer relationship management system.
- Designing and modeling database according to Requirement. And made changes according to it.
- Designed, developed, and tested complex queries for Reports distribution.
- Built and performed user acceptance testing on modified reports.
- Skilled in running jobs in Enterprise Manager using job-scheduling tool.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, MySQL, Lotus Notes, MS Access, MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).