- 8+ years of IT/BI experience wif over 4+ years of solid experience ofTableauin the fields of Business/Data analysis, Report Development, ETL Development, and Data Modeling.
- Strong experience in Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Data Mining applications in health care, retail, banking, and financial industries.
- Proficient working wif Tableau Desktop, Server,Reader, Online, Public, and Mobile in different versions of Tableau 9.x, 8.xand 7.x.
- In depth knowledge of SDLC phases such as Requirement analysis, design, development, implementation, deployment and maintenance wif strong understanding of methodologies such as Waterfall, Iterative and Incremental, Evolutionary prototyping, and Agile.
- Strong experience wif Scrum methodology and well versed in writing user stories.
- Experience in gathering and writing detail business requirements and translating them into technical specifications/System Requirements Specifications (SRS) and designidentifying interface and business process specifications.
- Experience in conducting App development sessions wif End Users, Subject Matter Experts (SME's), and Development and QA teams.
- Experience in developing interactive reports and dashboards by making use of actions, local and global filters, table calculations,calculated fields, groups, sets, hierarchies, andparameters in Tableau.
- Experience in assisting users to create and modify worksheets and data visualization dashboards in Tableau.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Experience in designing stunning visualizations using Tableau charts suchasPareto, Waterfall, Bar graphs (Stacked, Side - by- Side), Lines (Continuous, Discrete), Geo maps (Symbol, Filled), Scatter plots, Pie-charts, Histograms, Bullets, Geographic visualizations, Heat maps, and Highlight tablesetc.
- Strong experience in Business and Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Cleansing, Data Migration, Data Integration, and Metadata Management Services.
- Good experience in Data Modeling wif expertise in creating Star andSnow-Flake Schemas, FACT and Dimensions Tables, and Physical and Logical Data Modeling using ERwin.
- Coordinated Technical Reviews, developed System requirements. Supported status reporting and conducted UAT wif the cross-functional business teams to ensure the system was aligned wif the vision of the business teams.
- Team lead skills encompassing user interviews, coordination wif Tech Lead, DBA's, Developers, and QA/QC Analysts during the design phase.
- Extensive experience in Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) of data from different source systems such asflat files, Excel, Oracle, Teradata, MS SQL server, Sales force, Hadoop Hive.
- Extensive experience working in Windows, UNIX, LINUX environments.
- Outstanding experience in creating Source to Target (Data Mapping) documents, writing data extract scripts/programming of data conversion and researching complex data problems and generating analytical reports/dashboards.
- Possess strong knowledge of database management in writing SQL queries using complex joins, grouping, aggregation, nested sub queries, and resolving key performance issues.
- End user training and documenting training manuals for reference.
- Analytical, methodical and resourceful approach to Problem Solving, Root-Cause Analysis, Impact Analysis and providing corrective actions to meet business requirements.
- Focused troubleshooter and a team player wif excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work cohesively wif Business users, developers, testers, and other team members.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
BI Tools: Tableau (Desktop/Server/Reader/Public/Online/Mobile), MicroStrategy (Desktop/Web), SSRS, and Crystal Reports
ETL Tools: Informatica, Data Stage, and SSIS
Requirements Management: Requisite Pro and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Front End Tools: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Visible Analyst, and Lotus Notes
Databases: Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, and Access
SQL Tools: Teradata SQL Assistant, SQL developer, Toad, SQL Server Management Studio
Defect Management Tool: HP Quality Center 10.0
Methodologies: Data Modeling - Logical/Physical/Dimensional, Star/Snow Flake Schema, ETL, OLAP, Complete Software Development Life Cycle, CMMI Compliance, Waterfall, Agile, and Iterative
Data Modeling: Power Designer, ERwin, ER Studio, and MS Visio
Sr.Tableau Developer/ Sr. Data Analyst
- Involved in full project lifecycle of SDLC and coordinated wif all project teams.
- Interacted wif Subject Matter Experts and End Users to gather business requirements for creating various daily, Weekly and monthly reports.
- Acted as liaison between Business Intelligence and Business User groups to relay change requests.
- Performed extensive GAP analysis in the project as there were numerous ‘As-Is’ and ‘To-Be’ conditions.
- Analyzed requirements for various reports, dashboards, and scorecards.
- Designed and developed a business intelligence dashboard using Tableau Desktop, allowing executive management to view past, current, and forecast data.
- Mentored business power users to view and Analyze reports/dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Developed key performance indicators (KPI) and the appropriate tracking reports wif graphical and written summations to assist in the quality improvement initiatives.
- Involved in creating interactive, parameterized dashboards by extracting data from different sources using data blending and applying actions - filter, highlight and URL.
- Created dashboard from scratch that included drill-through, filters, Heat/Geo/Tree maps, Pie/Bar charts, Circle views, Line/Area charts, Scatter plots, and Bullet graphs.
- Involved in reviewing business requirements and analyzing data sources form Excel/Oracle SQL Server for design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects wifin Tableau Desktop.
- Created views in Tableau Desktop that were published to internal team for review and further data analysis and customization using filters and actions.
- Created Heat Map showing current service subscribers by color that were broken into regions allowing business user to understand where we has most users vs. least users.
- Created dashboard using parameters, sets, groups and calculations.
- Created drill down and drill up in worksheets.
- Involved in creating a dual-axis bar chart wif multiple measures.
- Created report schedules on Tableau server.
- Projected and forecasted future growth in terms of number of subscribers based on upgrading to LTE by developing Area Maps to show details on which states were connected the most.
- Converted charts into Crosstabs for further underlying data analysis in MS Excel.
- Utilized Data story telling capabilities in Tableau to provide more dynamic and more effective stories from the hidden insights locked in the data.
- Created prompts, customized calculations, conditions and filters (Local, Global) for various analytical reports and dashboards.
- Created and modified interactive dashboards and developed guided navigation links wifin interactive dashboards.
- Developing Attributes, Facts, Metrics, Filters, Prompts and Hierarchies as per Specifications for developing reports.
- Preparing Report Mapping Documents as per Specifications.
- Published the developed dashboards and reports on theTableauServer so that the end users having access to the server can view the data.
- Scheduled frequency and time to refresh data when sources are published or extracted to server.
- Played an important role in coordination wif the entire team and managing the time estimates for the entire project.
- Used SQL tools like Toad and Teradata SQL Assistant to run SQL queries and validate the data in the warehouse and data marts.
- Ensured on-time and on-budget performance of the assigned efforts to the mutual satisfaction of the business partners/ sponsors.
- Provided post implementation production support.
Environment: Tableau Desktop/ Server 8/9,MS Project, Teradata, Oracle,Teradata SQL Assistant 14.0, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Developer 1.5.5, Informatica Power Center 9.6.1, SQL Server, Control-M.
Confidential - ME
Sr Tableau Developer
- Gathered Business Requirements, Interacted wif the Users, Project Manager and SMEs to get a better understanding of the Business Processes.
- Prepared project reports for management and assisted the project manager in the development of weekly and monthly status reports.
- Extensively used Visio to create Use Case Diagrams and Activity Diagrams.
- Developed and maintained high level overview of the project and designed flows using MS Visio.
- Created and modified Business Intelligence analytical reports using Tableau.
- Responsible for creating metrics, filters, calculated fields, and parameters using Tableau Desktop.
- Used geographic view which clearly gives the performance of a particular state.
- Developed customized calculations when required.
- Extensively used Tableau Web to enable users to run-predefined sales and inventory reports for building their own customized reports.
- Created various actions in database such as action filters to send information to other tableau worksheets and to connect the same in analytical flows, URL actions to connect views of data to external resources, and Highlight action to provide rich visual interaction between the views on the sheet.
- Designed business intelligence dashboard using Tableau Desktop and published the same on Tableau Server, allowing executive management to view past and current performance sales trends, forecast sales, and to track existing customer sales.
- Actively involved in testing new/upgraded features like new Visualizations, Forecasting, Data Blending, Parallelized Dashboard, Hyperlink Objects, Color-coded tabs etc. in Tableau desktop/Server.
- Worked on Performance tuning of report wif huge queries using concurrent query execution for better performance of report.
- Maintained and Installed Tableau Server in all the environments.
- Created incremental refreshes for data sources on Tableau server.
- Monitored VizQL server, Application Server and data server activity to track performance and system stability.
- Ability to authoring on Tableau server by changing mark types and adding filters directly in a web browser.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Created report schedules, data connections, projects, groups in Tableau server.
- Extensively used Tabadmin and Tabcmd commands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
- Involved in creating complex Stored Procedures, triggers, cursors, tables, and views and other SQL joins and statements for applications.
- Involved in creation and updates of several SQL Index, Views, Complex Stored Procedures, triggers and appropriate User defined functions.
- Used ETL process to Extract, Transform and Load the data into stage area and data warehouse.
- Documented complete server architecture and solutions to troubleshoot performance, scheduling, and server related issues.
- Responsible for daily communications to management and internal organizations regarding status of all assigned projects and tasks.
- Used MS Excel to process data, create reports, analyze metrics, implement verification procedures, and fulfill client requests for information.
- Actively tracked schedule and had clear communications wif key resources, stake holders and SMEs to keep everyone involved in the project on the same page.
- Involved in Onsite and Offshore coordination to ensure the completeness of deliverables.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop/Server), Oracle, Teradata, SQL Developer, Teradata SQL Assistant, HP QC, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Microsoft office 2007.
Confidential, Providence, RI
Sr. Business Systems Analyst/Tableau Developer
- Liaison for project managers, managers, directors, and stakeholders.
- Requirements gathering and analysis including data analysis, gap analysis (AS-IS to TO-BE), and documentation for end users.
- Conducted gap analysis for re-engineering and upgrading the current system where ever necessary.
- Developed, derived, and clarified functional specifications and use cases.
- Analysedbusiness requirements and site specifications to create Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Design Document (Functional, Technical).
- Translated business and/or technical needs in to relevant documentation for assigned initiatives/projects.
- Blendeddata frommultiple databases into one report by selecting primary key’sfrom each databasefor data validation.
- Combined views and reports into interactive dashboards inTableauDesktop that were presented to Business Users, Program Managers, and End Users.
- Designed the conceptual and business process models.
- Converted charts into Crosstabs for further underlying data analysis
- Implementation of new systems including the integration of the new system wif existing systems.
- Analysed the Source System data according to the business requirements.
- Extensively involved in data mapping and data modelling, and participated in domain model analysis and preparation of logical business model using UML.
- Extensive interactions wif the client and the management teams to understand the requirements and provide data to create Reports.
- Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left, and right joins in Tableau Desktop by connecting live/dynamic and static datasets.
- Documented detailed business requirements for campaigns.
- Worked wif campaign development team to identify bottlenecks that could hinder progress of development.
- Created Tableau scorecards and dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Worked extensively wif advance analysis actions, calculations, parameters, background images, and maps.
- Used Trend Lines, Statistics, Log Axes, Groups, Hierarchies, and Sets to create detail level summary report and Dashboard using Tableau Desktop.
- Performance Management, Portfolio Management, and Risk Management to support strategic planning, goal setting, enhance decision making, and improve customer service.
- Monitored the project during Development phase and involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) once the change requests are released from system testing.
Environment:Tableau 6.0, Informatica Power Center, Oracle, MS Access, TOAD, SQL Developer, PL/SQL, UNIX,Mercury Quality Center, WindowsNT4.0
Data Programmer Analyst
- Conducted requirement gathering using focus groups, document analysis, interviews, prototyping and blueprints for the project
- Involved in Business Process Reengineering (BPR) - analyzed existing business processes and implemented new improved processes
- Did the initial study of Health Care Management to collect customers’ information, data about existing systems at client site, specific customer requirements for the Electronic Data Management System
- Used Crystal Reports for querying underlying database tables
- Involved in designing of the system wif the system architecture and the development team, implementing technology based solutions
- Designed user interface for PHTS and process flows to control the patient records and Information Management System to secure PII - Personal identification information similar to Laboratory Management System (LIS)
- Written all Business requirements and Functional/Nonfunctional requirement.
- Worked on Workflow of the project, concentrating on Current and Future Workflow Description, Created Use cases diagrams using Visio
- Developed Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA - Quality Assurance testing and report / data validation
- Conducted JAD sessions between the end users and the development team, Point of sales (POS) team, Business Team
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and describing the bugs to the development team
- Coordinated between the on-site coordinator and development team at Offshore to derive correct requirements for the product
- Responsible for directing analysis and need assessments to get the present manual medical records and translates them to Electronic Health Records.
- Helped to develop a Knowledge Management (KM) portal subsystem, for doctors to keep abreast of the latest evolutions
- Understood the Business Logic, User Requirements and test-objectives to develop Use Case, Test plans, Test cases, Scenarios to reevaluate the Business Process and models
- Co-authored detailed Business requirement document (BRD) and Functional architecture and solution Specification Document
Environment: Use cases, JAD, Interview, KM, SQL, Oracle 10G, Clear Quest, Clear case, MS EXCEL, MS Access, MS power point, DOORS, Microsoft Vision, Mercury Quality center, statistics, BPR, Toad, HIPAA
ETL Developer/SQL Developer
- Involved in requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, change management, deployment, and user training.
- Involved in Physical/Logical design of database, creating and managing the database and all the database objects.
- Designed and developed forms using Visual Basic wif ODBC.
- Designed and developed reports using Crystal Reports.
- Developed E-R diagrams (logical and physical using ERwin) mapping the data into database objects.
- Designed and developed various complex reports.
- Generated reports that can handle dynamic grouping and dynamic sorting.
- Involved in dimensional modeling to design data warehouse.
- Identified the measures, dimensions, and defined cubes to enable decision makers to drill through the detail data.
- Used the calculated members in the fact tables to improve efficiency.
- Involved in Performance tuning, query optimization and execution plan of queries for better performance.
- Created roles, assigned permissions and users/groups to roles to limit the access for the users.
- Communicated wif clients regarding system requirements, ensuring the development and implementation of customized products for customer satisfaction
- Preparedfunctional specificationsfor user requirements.
- Experience in writing, testing, and implementation of the PL/SQL triggers, stored procedures, functions, and packages to implement business logic.
- Developed and modified applications, authored database procedures and triggers for data processing.
- Createdentry forms/reportsfor various modules. Createddatabases, loaded initialization data, generated users, and assigned rolesandaccess.
- CreatedTables, Indexes, Table Spaces, Views, Synonyms,andIntegrity Constraints.
- Involved in creation ofschema objects, rolesandprivileges.
- Prepareduser manual and technical documentsfor the end user.
- Prepared executables for system deployment and led the release of applications following
- Experience in UNIX work environment, file transfers, job scheduling, and error handling.
- Maintenance and support for the system. Involved inend user training.
Environment: Oracle 9i, Server 2000, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Crystal Reports, Erwin,XML