- Create business stakeholder value by leveraging financial analysis skills to deliver goals
- Build client relationships. Deliver financial strategy & FP&A.
- Business partner, CIMA, CGMA, cost management to drive improved cashflow & improved profit margins.
- Drive improved profitability, ROI & cash flow in telecom & technology driven organizations.
- Build marketing forecasts & financial models - map direct & overhead operational costs to identify profitability
- International experience - worked in UK, USA & Europe. Supported Asia Pac teams via remote technology.
- Deliver strategic pricing & capital investment guidance (NPV, business case creation).
- Ability to synthesize complex financial data into actionable information
- Track record of building teams that deliver performance.
- Excel (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, IF/THEN/ELSE statements, IF functionality, graphs/charts, data sorts),
- Access (including working knowledge of SQL - select/from/where/order by/group by/having queries)
- Graphs & visual data presentation, Power pivot, PowerPoint presentations, SharePoint user
- Map data relationships, create visual key trends through graphs & actions via synthesis of disparate data
- Query & download unstructured/structured data to excel, access. Find data relationships & present key findings
- Boolean logic search techniques to uncover data trends driving performance.
- Business intelligence, data analysis & data mining skills (Hyperion essbase drill down, Cognos)
- Management accountant & business partner. Create value through:
- Create pricing strategy & special promotions to delivery profitable revenue growth
- Financial strategy creation, balance sheets, profit & loss pro forma statements, cash flow projections
- Business automation & process improvements that delivers improved cost management
- Cost reduction projects via activity based costing & unit cost driver trend analysis
- Business case creation, investment analysis (ROI, NPV, IRR), financial modeling, budgets & forecast guidance
- Strategy guidance on $100M to multi $Bn investment, capital evaluation, M&A (mergers & acquisitions), JVs
- Financial modelling reflecting risk reward, “what if” variables, tax implications, for investment decision making
- Build marketing & product forecasts using price, volume, migration, substitution, discounts, risk variables
- Financial planning & analysis that supported business transformation in telecommunications & technology industries
- SG&A and cost of service trend analysis mapped to key business cost drivers & revenue
- Quarter on quarter, current year vs last year, 1 to 5 year plans/forecasts. Headcount & other SGA trends
- Business plans, budget & forecast creation
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
- Pricing strategy & business case guidance for $20M enterprise cost savings via RFP contract bids.
- Created business strategy, financial forecast & plan that improved ROI of $75M annual budget
- Implemented year on year, quarter on quarter, 1 & 5 year financial planning & analysis trend analysis
- Managed 3 financial analysts that delivered 5% annual cost savings & improved inventory management achieved $5.0M cost management goals utilizing query of structured/unstructured data
- Self-motivated to become SME for new ITIL enterprise tools (Remedy, Clarity, and ITFM) & processes.
- 25% time - hand-picked for IT & communication enterprise transformation team that utilized RFP process to:
- New vendors for $500M enterprise contracts to drive mobile working & improved productivity
- $800M upgrade IT infrastructure shared services migration from mainframe to cloud computing & office 365
- 25% time - project finance support to program management office responsible for $250M application investment
- Created change control request tracking via project management applications (PMC, RTC)
- Improved project control, monitoring & forecasting mapping costs to project delivery
Project Manager - Consultant
- Drove cost management through improved inventory built from disparate data sources
- Identified & worked with operations to decommission services no longer in use.
- Created financial forecast & trend reporting to identify key actions.
- Delivered cost saving projects by identifying trends using volume & price variance analysis.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior Financial Analysis
- Implemented automated sales segment & major customer P&L reporting
- Produced profit margin trend analysis. Reconciled results to GL account balances using essbase.
- Delivered unit cost, P&L margin trend analysis for $20bn wireless and wireline division.
- Used data query skills to identify 100k dsl network circuits that needed to be decommissioned. Saved $0.5M
- Key player in team that implemented activity-based costing across the wireless & wireline enterprise
- Reconciled to GL balance via Oracle Hyperion essbase. Goal = improve margin performance by 1%.
- Key player in team that automated network traffic interconnect pricing with 3rd party carriers for $2bn business unit.
- Used my pricing expertise to select optimum price point using quality & margin criteria to drive:
- 5% growth & 2% margin increase across Asia Pac, EMA & US subsidiaries
- Stretched the brand - introduced 3 new consumer segment products generating $35M revenue.
- Pricing strategy input to Asia & European subsidiaries. Grew region revenue by 8%.
Confidential, Atlanta GA
Strategic Pricing Manager
- Provided financial guidance to develop internally, buy company or create JV decision.
- Created pricing bundles for new products & services that drove revenue growth of 300%
- Worked with marketing & sales team to create products that supported technology leading brand.
- Built marketing & product forecasts that drove multi $M investment & pricing decisions
- Developed VoIP bundled service package pricing strategy - 2 year 362% growth via promotions & market analysis.
- Delivered pricing guidance on 5 consumer & business segment products through service package creation.
- Pricing strategy for new I.P. & VOIP network products.
- Created pricing & promotions for consumer, home office, small/medium business & enterprise segments.
- Utilized underlying network infrastructure (frame relay, IP) to better position services in the market.