- Over 30 years of professional services experience in the IT Industry including operations and analysis, programming and analysis, performing systems upgrades, conversions, implementations, systems administration, leading and managing projects, business analyst, I.T. Management, Q/A testing and help desk analysis.
- Strengths include solid communication skills, operational, supervision, planning, development, maintenance, troubleshooting, testing and implementation skills. He has excellent interpersonal and strong leadership skills. He is available for immediate interviewing.
- AS/400 Security
- Sonicwall VPN
- Vision Solutions
- RPG II subfiles
- Windows XP
- 7 and NT
- Windows server 2003 and 2008
- Active Directory
- Main Saver
- Project Management
- Business Analyst
- JD Edwards
- Q/A testing
- Change Management/ Control
- Visual Basic
- Web Development
- E - Commerce
- Disaster Recovery planning and testing. Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office Systems
- Excel and PowerPoint
- Sharepoint mindSHIFT Cloud.
- Managing Helpdesk staff which supports several hospitals and applications.
- Remedy que management, customer service to medical professionals.
- Data center operations management in AS400 iSeries.
- Responsible for Siemans/Cerner Soarian clinical and financial applications.
- Security Administrator.
- Windows active directory administrator.
Executive Director of Global Expansion
- Install and maintains Operating Systems releases and PTF Levels.
- Determines requirements for corporate data security.
- Implements and supports the change control process and provides support to the change control administrator.
- Performs peripheral selection, configuration, and implementation.
- Supports AS/400 and Microsoft Windows 2003 and 2008 network communications requirements.
- Overall responsibility for support of the production environment.
- Installs and maintains all utility software needed on the AS/400.
- Develops standards for Inter-platform communications and file transfer.
- Provides first level support to programming / development staff.
- Provides training and assistance to the end user help desk staff.
- Acts as the first line of support to all users.
- Supports specialized PC software to connect to the AS/400 and tracts license usage.
- Performs disaster recovery planning/ testing.
- Aid in the determination of feasibility of new technologies and makes recommendations.
- Supports all versions of OS/400 including upgrades.
- Supports MainSaver, PRMS, BPCS, SQL, Global Trade/Eclipse and SAP Interfaces
- Performed Month End and Year End closings for BPCS
- Project Manager for all AS/400 projects
- SOX and FDA compliance and documentation.
- Migrated AS400 data to Cloud computing LPARS hosted by mindSHIFT Technologies.
- Data Center support, implemented Geist Environet monitoring and infrastructure management.
ConfidentialExecutive Director of Global Expansion
- Possess solid business and organizational skills, participate in both business and IT strategic planning and demonstrate leadership in the use of business analysis tools and methodologies.
- Provided client support and consultation for IT issues as well as advice in their area of expertise.
- Provided computer training and services. Provided analysis of business and financial affairs.
- Hiring, Supervision/mentoring of I.T. staff. Selecting key vendors.
- Development and management of project plans related to the application development initiatives, from project planning and designs through testing, implementation and maintenance.
- Have a considerable understanding of current and emerging IT products, services, processes, and methodologies, along with a continuing understanding of the business function and process.
- Able to understand business requirements, goals, and risks in order to formulate and define the technical scope and objectives of projects.
- Formulating/writing/enforcing AS400 security policies, standards and procedures (QAUDJRN).
- AS400 Project Manager and Administrator duties including OS/400 and Software PTF upgrades, system/server backups, user profiles, end of day, Qprint, journaling, system and application analysis and support, TCP/IP. Coordinated service contracts and key vendors, install and update MIMIX.
- System Backup Strategies & Tape Management, LPAR, Performance Monitoring & Analysis, Perform problem analysis on iSeries platform, Provide technical expertise & mentoring, Participate in the Disaster Recovery & High Availability testing, Document & update policies / procedures, capacity planning, performance tuning. Network and User administration, interaction and support, Intrusion Detection System and firewalls.
Confidential, Farmington Hills, MIExecutive Director of Global Expansion
- Responsible for AS/400 System Security Analysis.
- Performed Y2K compliance acceptance testing for Confidential AS/400 on JD EDWARDS.
- Completed disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Serviced Major Automotive, Financial, Manufacturing and Retail companies who utilize the Confidential AS/400.
- Developed and maintained project methodology.
- Interfaced with clients and key vendors.
- Responsible for hiring and supervision of programmers and operators.
- Worked one on one with the controller and users of the AS/400 documenting their job function, daily activities of system usage and business needs, then presenting this information to the programmers.
- Selected and utilized automated testing tools, test scripts, test cases, change control, iSeries test tools.
- Responsible for the development of the test strategy, plans and schedule of activities as well as the development and execution of load test scripts. Assist with preparing test plans, test scripts, test scenarios then run and document results to show ROI.
- Responsible for coordinating all technical, environmental, and data aspects of the testing effort and ensuring that the testing effort takes place within the appropriate timeframes.
- Analyzed and drove the results of the testing effort and ensured the remedial efforts were addressed.
- AS/400 system security experience (working with System Values).
Confidential, Los Angeles CA
- Coordinated the Y2K project for AS/400 re-insurance systems software.
- Interfaced with Senior Confidential Consultants as well as users of the Confidential AS/400.
- Provided analysis of critical data paths, date related call fields, developed and maintained project methodology, added century fields to file layouts and populated files with production data, modified OCL's, and modified programs as needed.
- Reviewed disaster recovery plans and worked with hot sites (performed system testing and implementation) and performed system, regression and acceptance testing to legacy software for Insurance Corporation Hanover in Los Angeles, California.
- Responsibilities included Confidential AS/400 Black Box CISC/RISC installations and upgrades for Saturn retail facilities. Extensive travel involved.
- Downloaded PTF's to appropriate release level, checked DASD, pools, upgraded OS/400 operating system, performed full system save, unload/reload method, diagnosed and resolved hardware and system operation concerns on-site and through phone communications. Building and maintaining system roadmap and standards.
- Interfaced with Confidential CE and Saturn Personnel to resolve problems.
- Performed testing of RISC software and AS/400 applications.
- Trained and provided support for dealer service representatives with the upgrade and installation procedures.
- Coordinated and scheduled teams to perform customer satisfaction callbacks.
- Helped to provide continuous technical support to the client.
- AS/400 Security, User profile maintenance experience, object authority maintenance.
- Performed Confidential AS/400 consulting including programming, systems administration and technical support in COBOL and RPG400.
- Resolved hardware and software problems as well as provided effective documentation, software testing and implementation.
- Assisted with AS/400 system conversion and installed and tested software for quality control.
- Upgraded PC's, interfaced with MIS staff and vendors along with providing customer support. Developed, tested and maintained a disaster recovery plan for Financial Institution.
- CL programming experience, job schedule entry scheduling.
- Responsibilities included maintaining and enhancing programs in the following systems: A/R, A/P, Payroll, Order Entry, Inventory Control, HR, and Sales/Marketing in COBOL.
- Utilized subfiles, Queries, DFU, SDA, SEU, CL.
- Tested software using DEBUG and ran daily, weekly and monthly backups.
- Printed all reports, and performed all system maintenance and upgrades on Confidential S/38.
Customer Support Coordinator
- Trained operations personnel on back-ups, PTF and SSP upgrades.
- Performed System maintenance and upgrades.
- Resolved hardware and software problems.
- Developed disaster recovery plans and procedures, assisted in disaster recovery restoration, worked with hot-sites, provided customer support through phone and via telecommunications while developing and maintaining effective documentation for Confidential retail facilities on the Confidential S/36 and PC's.